• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What do you do with your gyroids?

Bells
Looking for ideas on collecting gyroids and what you guys do with them. Do you only collect a certain set for the club or do you use them to decorate your room? I have started collecting mine but I am not sure what I should do with them and I am not even aware of all the different ones and what noises they make! In City Folk I added them to my room to go with my music.

I do diffrent things with mine im trying to collect all of the brewstoids

I have mine in 2 rooms of the museum. One room is for partial sets & the other is for full sets. I put my Brewsteroids in Club LOL. There are waaayyyy more gyroids than I originally thought.

I sell most of mine, I actually find them a little creepy. Some of them are cool though, I have three in my first floor main room. ^_^
I'm more inclined to keep it if it's a mini or a 'normal' sized one. c:

I collect the ones that make a pleasing sound to me. I put them all in the museum, except for a plinkoid that's living in my upstairs hehe.

My favorite set by far is the the oboid family so I have each of them featured in a different room of my house :blush:

HNI_0035.JPG

In my town of Elenrast my Brewstoids are the waiters in Rosie's Inn. There is a gyroid in every room of all 4 of my characters...coordinated colors and sounds that I deemed appropriate for theme and music. (DA below :blush:)

I use one of the Brewstoids in my coffee shop at the museum's second floor. Otherwise, I just keep them (or sell them if they're doubles).

It's funny because I was orginally going to say how I sell those things and don't care about them and then I got to thinking about how I actually have collected quite a few of them. I have all of the nebuloid ones because I love space. I have the warbloids becasue I love the color pink. I have the poltergoids because I love how it's a nod to the poltergeist. I also have all of the brewstoids because I love Brewster! I sell the others or pawn them off on villagers. I don't do any decorating with them though. I wish we could have a Lloid gyroid though! Gamecube gyroids were so much more fun!

I only kept the Coffee Shop ones. Placed them in Club LoL for safekeeping.

I've visited dream towns that had them in a house that was a store. They were nice in the coffee store and behind the cash registers.

I throw them out.
I wish they didn't have them in the game.

Half my grass-wear comes from looking for them. :-/

I put some poltergoids in Club LOL because they're really cool looking and fit the kinda spooky vibe I want in my town, and there's a couple of brewstoids in my tea/sitting room because I love how the clinking/pouring sounds add some ambient noise to it. I wish the other gyroids made more fitting sounds so I could use them too. In the Gamecube AC, I used to collect them and I filled my whole house with them; they've always been some of my favorite items.

I always sell them, with the ecxeption of those gyroids you can get from Brewster. It's quite
rare that I put them in my house, since I prefer to use other items which I want to have in a
room and the gyroids would just take the space I need.

Back