• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do You do with all of Your Extra Diys?

What do You do with all of Your Extra Diys?

• Total voters
I have so many on my floor in case one of my friends resets and needs them T-T
You can put them in storage if it's something you don't like. I used to keep them up in the attic of my first villager back during launch. Now that I remember it, they didn't let us store them at first. Wow lol they really needed to play test this more before they pushed it out.

I held on to them at first for trading here and elsewhere, but mostly here for diy that I didn't have. I didn't really have a particular diy that I wanted so I just put a list of the ones I had and if someone had something else we could do a even trade. After a while I decided to give them to my extra villagers to farm some nook miles so I could buy rewards more quickly.

Sometimes I just toss them if they're a generic basic one that you get like on day1 because my villager's already have them or no one here would want them. I used to get so many flower crowns it was ridiculous.

I have 5 characters so I pass them on to one of my others as one of the 5 is bound to be missing it. I’m an odd exception though that’s for sure.

I created the maximum 8 characters you can create since it makes the island feel more lively, so I just spread the extra DIYs across them. I got a second Switch and a second copy of the game last year so I could make another island since I had a concept in mind and villagers I want to experience, but I haven't made that second island yet because I haven't come up with a name for it yet. Whenever I do, though, I'll pass any excess onto that island.

I've tried selling or swapping them back closer to the game's release, but just can't be bothered nowadays.

I sell them. I couldn't be bothered trading them with people and I'm assuming everyone has most, if not all of them at this point anyway lol.

There's an area of my beach where I keep them. One day I will get rid of them all but I am a little bit of a hoarder.

I wish I could make a lava pool like in Minecraft and dumb them all, the amount of dupes I got at the start of the game was ridiculous

I used to store them, until I just had waayy too many. I'd sell em in the box outside nook's sometimes. But my niece started playing. Once when she came over to play I asked if she wanted my extra diys. Lol, she took a bunch of them! She hadn't been playing long, so there weren't too many repeats. So that helped me clear out my storage.

But now I don't have anyone left to pawn off the extras, so in future I'll probably just sell em.

When I first started playing New Horizons, I did keep them around just in case one of my friends (and later, anybody from TBT) had needed one of the DIYs I had an extra of. But these days I just sell them, since it feels like most people have got all the DIYs and there doesn't really feel like a point of keeping them around. 😅

If all of my other characters have learned them, I give them away to other players. Otherwise, they just go in the trash or sold to the nooklings.

Last edited:
I keep the more attractive ones in storage (not quite sure what for) and I sell the rest.

I usually sell them unless it is one of the really good/rare ones.

I voted keep them in storage because that's what I do now but I definitely had phases for what I did. Back when the game first came out I hoarded so many just in case I wanted to try trading people, but we couldn't put them in storage yet so I kinda just left them all over the ground, and then I made another villager and placed every single diy I had inside of their house, with again, a plan to trade them, I had them alphabetically organized in each room of the house ready to go. Then I kinda, stopped playing as consistently and they just sat there. A year or so ago I decided the easiest way to get rid of them was to have my second villager just learn them all and threw out all the ones that were duplicates. I mainly toss diys now if theyre ones from launch that everyone got, but I keep some that I think could be useful to someone, but now theyre, in my inventory lol.

I used to have them allll on the beach but thankfully we can put them into our storage now.

They're all in my storage whenever I want to sell/give them away to other people who need them most, if I ever get the motivation to do that of course.

Back