• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What Did You Accomplish On Your Island Today?

I messed a bit with the terraforming that I unlocked yesterday and had fun making some nonsense :D

April 14, 2020:

Uh, things. Again. Moved the final building, being the Museum, to the beach in preparation of the terraforming to come. Also demolished one of the two bridges, with the final one being put out for demolition tomorrow. Terraforming begins Friday! Excited to the max, genuinely can't wait to finish and show what I have planned.

Oh, I also bought 10,000 turnips for 108 each on Sunday. Hoping to hit it big -- gonna need a ton of money to relocate everything back.

• Had my first blue windflower spawn
  • Saw nothing I liked at Kicks today
  • Paid off my penultimate house loan
  • Caught an olive flounder for Pashmina
  • Placed my ninth plot
  • Invited Bianca (after my first island tour)
  • Said first island tour was big fish island so I stayed and fished up a bunch of rare fish in anticipation for the 2.5m loan I have to start paying back tomorrow

Despite waking up OBSCENELY late, this day was both busy and productive! (and the contact actually helped put me in a better state of mind, so thank you to everyone who let me visit them!)

4/14
• Got my first letter from Kevin today!
• Visited a friend to sell my turnips and made BANK! Also got cosmos, mums, and peaches!
• Paid off my third loan!
• Visited another friend to get the shell fountain DIY and do done shopping! Ended up with Roses and cherries! :D
• I now have all of the fruits! :D
• Flick appeared today! I need to find some bugs...
• Sable gave me new fabric for DIY!
• Kitty was thinking of moving; thankfully I was able to change her mind. Phew!
• I actually ended up going on more than a few trips for DIY recipes, and so many different items. Today's been busy, for waking up so late!
• Gayle showed me how to make a knitted-grass backpack. It's really cute!
• Changed my fence and started working on a yard for Kitty!

In Reviled:

- Dug up all the fossils.
- Sold all the seashells and saved some for my villagers.
- Shook all the trees.
- Watered all the flowers.
- Paid more of my loan.
- Checked up on and talked to my villagers.
- Donated anything new to the museum.
- Checked on Nook's Cranny and bought anything new.
- Checked Nook's Shop and ordered five of anything new.
- Checked the Able Sisters and bought anything new.
- Changed my home slightly.
- Caught some more bugs and fish I needed for models.

I do a lot of the same things, but I still like posting these.
It is still nice to reflect on your daily accomplishments, no matter how menial you think they are!

Last edited:
I got the golden toilet recipe, it looks majestic but I need a golden ore.
I placed more paths and fences and went up to a 4 star rating.
I moved a house, juat one more villager house to go after this and I can be happy with it for atleast a while.
Finally it rained again, so no flower watering.

Next up is the entire north area of my town. No clue how to make that look okay, so that will be fun.

I've reterriformed my main layout a bit the last 2 days, and have finished building my campsite, and have moved the campsite structure to it. Unfortunately, I had to clean up over 100 flowers, dropping my town rating down to 3 stars.

My house is the only building that hasn't moved from start, so it's currently sitting in the middle of nowhere. Haven't decided where to place it yet. I'm still working on decorating sections of the town. So those will be some things to continue working towards.

Today I gave Zucker a Kiddie pool. Will accomplish more after work haha

I finally got the last Cast Master achievement. I realised that catching 50 fish acts as a kind of checkpoint. After catching 50 you only need to catch another 50 and not 100 as I thought.

• Bought wallpaper & flooring from Saharah
  • Welcomed Bianca to town
  • Had my first black cosmos spawn!!!!!
  • Finally got a 3 star rating
  • Placed my 10th plot
  • Went on a bunch of island tours but didn't find anyone I liked

I was getting stressed with the layouts of my villagers houses and wasting a lot of money on moving them about.. but realised a much better way of doing it. A large plot of land that I put my museum on is now where my house is, so I have a much bigger garden area than I did before, while still being close to everything else I need. Worked out well!

I got Audie and I'm in the process of getting Snake! I'm so happy!

Today (as in around 12am to 1am which still counts) I started the 2nd level cliffs where my villager homes will be going. The houses aren't going to be lined up nicely; rather they will have some distance and have a lot of clutter outside their homes. The cliffs are shaped funky. It sounds like it shouldn't work but I'm gonna make it work!

Posting earlier this time, because I'm starting to fall asleep, and I didn't want to forget. Here's what happened on Shione Island today!

4/15 (woke up in a weird mood)
• There was a visitor at the campsite today. They turned out to be Ellie the Elephant.
• Three new pink hyacinths have started growing.
• Pekoe sent me a letter, and a clock.
• Sahara was here, so I paid her a visit.
• Someone lost a book on the cliffs (how they got up there, I don't know). After asking around, Harry pointed me to Patty, who turned out to be the owner.
• Kevin showed me how to make a Bamboo Drum.
• Sable made more fabric for me.
• I discovered that Shione has a 4-star rating! Now I don't feel so bad about how plain my island feels in comparison to others I visited!
• Agreed to let Nook once again expand my house. I can't exactly say no to that extra storage space...
• Harry's actually starting to grow on me.
• Finally caught a fly! Now I can get these pieces of trash off of my island!
• Marshal showed me how to "Doze".
• Pekoe had fleas for the FOURTH time this month. I need to get her some spray or something, dang!
• Went on a few trips to friends' islands to acquire new DIY recipes and items. Thanks to the last friend, I finally have lillies!
• Sent a few letters to my residents, and then called it a day (as now I'm dozing hardcore and don't wanna kill my battery just because I fell asleep).

Uhhh, not a ton. Still prepping for terraforming, but a few notable things:

- Quillson taught me how to craft a Golden candlestick... again... for the fifth time.
- Sold 10,000 turnips for 630~ each on another island. Couldn't pass up such a high price enough though my price is likely going to be 400+ tomorrow afternoon if my predictions are correct.
- Due to my turnips, I paid off my final dept to Tom Nook.
- Visited a few other islands to learn a few DIYs I've been impatient on getting on my own time.

Mira left today, and my villagers were sad about it. :-[

Flick stopped by after over a week, so I handed over my saved $1k+ bugs, and spent a couple hours catching butterflies.

Starting to track my 11k money trees to see if I can discern a pattern! Right now, my 30k/day I consider my allowance for Saharah/Nook's Cranny/Able Sisters/Kicks shopping, but I have to start saving for terraforming over the summer. It would take 23 days of 99k to hit my 'budget'...

Visited my friend's island to woo Erik again. They're letting me 'steal' him so I'm trying to be consistent about talking to him!

Said friend has the ironwood dresser, so I'm heading back over tomorrow, because I received the cupboard recipe from Henry today! :-] ... just need a cutting board for the kitchenette now [makes a wish].

Received a shuttle recipe from Celeste tonight, and helped Wisp.

Went on some island tours past 7 pm, and traveled to water bug island for the first time [all the fish are trash items], and met Marina! So Mira's former plot wasn't empty for too long, and I'm excited to have Marina live on my island.

Finished the night with a one hour farm session of bamboo island to get enough tarantulas to bring back to Flick....
... and paid off the rest of my 1.2 mil bells loan.

It was a very long play session today [4-12 am], but it was a reward for finishing up one of my graduate courses today. :D

broccolo left for good today :[ but i finally invited megan to my island! i didnt really do much else, but i started working on my theme park, helped wisp, and i got a few new diy recipes i really like

Got a number recipes on the day
Caught my first guppy and donated it
Island hopped quite a bit
Made a pile of gold bars and learned that it goes for the same price as three gold nuggets, which happens to be the exact amount you need to make it
Finished Trashed Tools
Cut my debt by 400k bells partially via use of a bell island and two pear filled islands
Helped out Wisp and got a litter box for my trouble
Expanded my supply of bamboo shoots
Still sitting on ten NMTs

Popped a golden balloon right now and down came a golden slingshot recipe! I thought I was happy after completing the sakura set, but this is the real trophy!

- sold my turnips in a friend's town at 600+, made about 4 million bells ;)
- landed on tarantula island again, filled my inventory with critters
- landed on hybrid island again, filled my inventory with blue and orange pansies
- got 5* ranking
- found my first lily-of-the-valley (glad they finally got the name right!)

Back