• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What are some of your ACNH villager tips?

neenack

Bells
Hello, everyone!
I've been playing Animal Crossing since New Leaf and have New Horizons, so I think I have a good grasp on socializing with villagers on my islands. I even wrote a guide to help players! But I wonder, what are some personal tips that you would share about villagers? It can be anything like what gifts to give to villagers or how long it takes to get a villager's photo.

Well, the FAQ has a lot of tips on villagers.

As for other tips, I remember someone gifted items of high value to their villagers to complete their Nook Shopping catalog. However, it doesn't always work and I don't know anyone else who does that other than them.

If you want to get a Villager's Photo the best thing to do is to talk to them daily. When you build up enough friendship with them you have the option of giving them gifts. My recommened one is to give them Non Native Fruit (For example my native fruit is Apples so my Sister Fruit is Peaches which is a non native fruit) and then buy some wrapping paper from Nook's Cranny that you can find in the Cabinet on the right side. When you give a villager a gift it will give them a boost in friendship and then tend to give you back items in return. It takes like 2 weeks for them to have a higher friendship. Once you get to that point you have a better chance of obtaining their photo. Its RNG sometimes if you're at a high friendship they may not give it to you right of way so you have to rely on luck to get it.

Back