• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What are your opinions on Deltarune/Undertale?

axaniao

previously ecstasy
Bells
Switch
8356-0736-5695
Island
Alternia
Dreamy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
My Melody Easter Egg
Blue Junimo Easter Egg
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Space Whale Plush
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pink Moon Jellyfish
I am a HUGE Deltarune/Undertale fan, i played Deltarune a few days ago and fell in love with it. I havent played undertale but I still love it and I REALLY wanna play. I was wondering if there was anyone else here who loves them as much as I do? I know the fandom is a bit interesting but the game itself and the good parts of the fandom are really good. What do you guys think of them?

I been a fan of Undertale for years. I still haven’t played it sadly but oh well lol. I remember my Undertale phase where I would watch nothing but Undertale. I was so obsessed with it. I haven’t see much Undertale content as I used to but I still get emotional whenever I listen to some of the soundtracks or remixes. And I still think the game is great. Deltarune looks pretty interesting and I can’t wait to see the full story. Jevil and Kris are already my favorite characters. Lmao

i really enjoyed undertale! honestly i feel like it’s one of those games that are just super iconic and memorable- and although the fan base can be questionable... thats every fan base ever??? and i’ve never understood why people use the “fan base” to crap on games lol. you can enjoy the game outside of the fan base (unless it’s a comp game where you HAVE to interact with them or something). so yeah undertale is amazing and funny annnnndd stan undyne

delta rune i played on my switch and it was a lot of fun! super curious to see where it goes but i think the game has a lot of potential, and i’m really loving all the characters. susie was the best- i was surprised at how much character development there was for her just within the first chapter!! and ralsei was so cute <3

I love Undertale and haven't played Deltarune yet (waiting on a full release). Undertale is great, the random fights aren't as annoying as like an Pokémon game, lots of jokes and the pacing works really well. I played the first half when it came out and dropped it after I got stuck, but I managed to finish it a couple of years ago. You should probably go into the game as blind as possible, so I won't talk about spoilers either.

Undertale is quite a special game. The story, characters, writing and soundtrack are all amazing. It's a game that stays with you long after you've stopped playing it. My only issue with it would be the actual gameplay, the battles. I thought they were really fun the first time I played through but eventually they become quite tiresome. I still think everyone should at least experience Undertale once.

I remember watching a playthrough of the game and I really enjoyed it! I remember when I first clicked on the video I clicked away because I thought it was ugly 😂 The graphics still aren't my favourite thing but I'm really glad I went back to it and decided to watch it because I remember it being a fun experience.

I've debated playing it myself (especially now since I watched the playthrough when the game was released so I've forgotten certain pieces of it) but I remember the final boss looking really hard. 😅 I'm not very good at games and I tend to stick to life sims or easy RPGs because of that. I'm worried if I do pick up Undertale I'll never actually finish it.

As for Deltarune I don't know if I watched anybody play that or not? I don't have any strong memories of it if I did. 🤷‍♀️

Undertale Can Be Hard. Because There is a neutral route, where you just do whatever Like kill some monsters. Pacifist route, Where You kill NO Monsters And Make Friends With All The Bosses,The Genocide Route Where You Kill Everything.P.S I Have Never Completed Genocide, Sans Is Too Hard Lol😅Edit:Deltarune Has A COMPLETELY Different Vibe, The Quirkyness And Style Is Still There But With A Brand New Story,Honestly Deltarune In My Opinion Is The Winner.(Toby Fox Really Be Taking His Sweet Time With Chapter 2, That They Have Been Making For 3 Whole Years!!!Better Be Amazing😌)

Last edited:
Haven't played Undertale for about 4 years now, but it's a pretty nice game. I only did the Neutral, True Pacifist and Hard Routes there so far, and as for Genocide, I never did that one simply because I'm a true pacifist myself in real life too, but if I ever feel like doing that route, I'll probably only spare the Vulkins as mentioned here.
As for Deltarune, I honestly like that one better (presumably because the characters there are either different or new? idk lol), and I'm still very impatient for the next chapters of it to follow, which I've already been since I first finished it 2,5 years ago. 🤩
I mean, what could possibly have happened to Lancer after his father, the evil King of Spades, had been imprisoned? Lancer's one of my favourite fictional characters, and that's the main reason why I'm so curious about it! 😱🤯

I love undertale, the last time I played it was a year go on the neutral route after that I wanted to go genocide but I didn’t get through it all. I love the story and all the characters (especially Mettaton lol) I admire Toby Fox’s creativity and I really like the music. I remember when undertale got really popular back in 2016-2017, when I was in 5th grade and everyone was taking about it at my school. I remember watching one of my favorite youtubers play it and that’s how I got into it.

I also like deltarune, I remember being shocked when it came out. My favorite character from the game is Susie. I’m not obsessed with undertale anymore, the game is good but the fandom is a little iffy. I was in the fandom when I was around 11-13, I saw and read a lot of stuff I shouldn’t have. The game is great, the fandom not so much. However I still have a lot of good memories about/revolving around the game, in 5th grade I didn’t have a lot of friends and it kind of helped me make friends with the girl who sat aside me in class. At recess we used to talk about undertale and make jokes about Mettaton.

Last edited:
i love undertale. been smitten with the game since it dropped in 2015, and i've been going through a switch replay pretty recently so i can explore the extra content i missed my first time around in the switch version. the fandom is.... Certainly Something, but as with everything i've learned it's better to just disengage if you want your media experience to be enjoyable.

as for deltarune, i really liked it and i'm really intrigued by it and how all the pieces connecting the two games are going to come together, but i don't like it as much because there's not as much to like yet. i'm sure once we get more chapters i'll love it just as much as i do undertale -- and i do still like it! -- but atm i definitely prefer undertale because it's more complete.

Undertale is an absolutely fantastic game with a great message with every different route. I was in love with the game when it first came out, and up to this day I would gladly defend how brilliant I think the game is. Shame the fandom is kinda... whack, it’s completely driven away people who have never tried the game. My close friend makes fun of me for liking Undertale because she thinks all the Sans memes are cringy and childish, and I keep telling her every time that the fandom doesn’t reflect the game experience at all. :/

I had fun playing it! I am NOT GOOD at Touho-type bullet-dodgers but I was able to do a decent playthrough my second time around playing Undertale. The plot was great too!

Since there's only one chapter of Deltarune as of me posting, I'm holding back on any opinions until I see the rest of the game.

I'm really fond of Undertale! Did my true pacifist playthrough on my laptop a few years ago, shortly after the game first came out, and really just adored both the game itself and the characters. I had a pretty serious obsession with the game back then; I knew about all the fun value quirks, the lesser-known dialogues and phone calls, all the different neutral endings, etc., though unfortunately I've forgotten most of it now, eheh. I recently bought the Switch version when it was on sale for whenever I want to do a replay—I also keep meaning to play Hard mode, so I'll probably get around to that then too. I also have a plush of Toriel!

Deltarune I haven't looked into much yet; I'm mainly waiting for the full release. I'll probably do some research into the game after that before I decide whether to get it or not—I mean, I watched a full Let's Play of Undertale on Youtube before buying it to play for myself, ahahah.

I'm very fond of both Deltarune and Undertale!
Truthfully I never got to play Undertale but I was in love with it a few years then! I think Deltarune is just as brilliant. I'm very excited to see where Toby Fox is going to take the story next!

I haven't played Deltarune but I've played Undertale. I remember really enjoying it. It was definitely a very fun experience, and it was my first indie game ever. But I don't think I fell in love with it quite as much as everyone else did. In fact, I kind of forgot a lot about the game besides the combat system was very unique for me and I really liked it. Maybe it's time for me to revisit it as I'm more "well seasoned" with indie titles lol. Maybe it'll hit different a second time around.

i played undertale when the fandom was still on the rise; it was honeslty a good game and it's really a shame it's gotten the reputation it's got - it's better than the reputation it got. (although, i mean, it's definitely true that the fandom is... :8 well) i only did a true pacifist run myself and thoroughly enjoyed it; had a very sweet story and i liked the ending!
later attempted a genocide run on a new computer but i had to abandon it, mostly because it was too hard but also because it was too sad lol but i did watch someone else do one. i didn't really care for the bit a the very end; felt very edgy to me and i dont really find too-edgy stuff entertaining... : /

i gotta say though i honestly VASTLY preferred deltarune to undertale; i just liked the way it was set up more, i liked the visuals more... i just liked it more. (again didn't really care for the bit at the very, very end, though; like the teaser for chapter 2 i guess). i feel like i would have maybe even enjoyed it more if i hadn't had any exposure to undertale or the fandom. i went pacifist this time too. just really enjoyed it a lot <3

I simply love playing Undertale, it's such a unique game and the aesthetic is simply amazing. I remember when Undertale is everywhere, it's such a fun game. Can't wait for the 2nd chapter of Deltarune.

I bought Undertale when it was on sale during the craze and still haven't played it, whoops. I really should though, since I heard it was a truly great game and not overrated or anything.

Back