• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are you going to call your first Switch town?

It's going to be a tough decision. I don't want to re-use my NL town name (Kokiri). At least we no doubt have several months to brainstorm!

I'm gonna call my town Whimsy! I tried to build a town with that name in New Leaf but was never happy with it. I have a GameCube town with that name now, and I think it'd be cool to have a Whimsy in the oldest game in the series and a Whimsy in the newest!

I'll probably call it Fairlin again after the country in the story I've been making, But I have awhile before I'm dead set on a name, so maybe something else will come to me when the time comes!

If the character limit allows, probably Switch Land, the successor of DS Land and 3DS Land. What do I score for creativity?

I would say you score for consistency.

As for me, I'm not sure yet. My boyfriend and I are going to brainstorm the town name together because we're going to build the town together. :3

City folk town: My Town
New Leaf Town: Our Town

so I want to keep my theme going with the Switch and my tentative choice is New Town

I would love if I would be able to fit Mimsy Wood or something similarly Alice in Wonderland inspired.

One of the names I'm thinking about is Serene, which means calm/peaceful. If I can't find any other name I like I'll probably just go with Serene.

Now THIS is a good question, I really need to think that one out and maybe I'll hold some kind of competition for my new Town name. Cause on New Leaf my town name was 'L.S. Town', basically my initials. Super unoriginal and basic which kinda describes me but I would love a new original name for my town, no clue what I want to name it though...

I'm not sure yet. My ACGC and WW towns were both named Avalon (and somehow I ended up with apples for both towns, so that was fitting), and my NL main is Salem. My second town (which I haven't played in years and am almost afraid to open) is Hollowyn.

I like making towns that have little to no modern/technology in them, so I'll try for a name that suits that. Maybe I'll take a name from one of my books. I've got plenty of time to figure it out. :)

I'll be naming my one and only Switch town, Seasons, because I plan on (as I started with New Leaf) decorating my town (tune, paths, etc.) depending on the season.

Moon, like my current town. I like to think of it like I'm the same mayor with the same town just starting over again. Also Moon is the only name I can be satisfied with atm

Last edited:
Probably "Zenith" like my New Leaf town. :p

That or something else that would come up as an idea.

Same as always, Blue Bay. One of my towns in Gamecube (although it wasn't my main town) was named Blue Bay. I brought back that tradition for City Folk and again in New Leaf.

Here’s what I decided for my first four towns, but it may subject to change:

- VeloCity
- SunLight
- MoonGlow
- StarFall

Two of these names I used in New Leaf. I wouldn’t mind re-using these names. The first one, VeloCity, is only going to be a service town to help build these nice and fantastic dream towns. The other names I got from the words “Sun”, “Moon”, and “Star”. VeloCity is supposed to be a play-on word for “velocity”. It’s even going to change really fast.

Last edited:
Back