• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

What are you going to call your first Switch town?

I don't think I'm going to reuse any names personally! I don't want to feel like I'm recreating one of my older towns. It will likely be flower or plant-related no matter what, though.

Main town name is going to be PurlLand with mayor Stitch. I was going to use KnitLand but someone in my ACNL groups town is named that.
2nd town will be name Apollo. Dog/Cat town hopefully.

It's so hard to choose names and themes before seeing any footage. But I can say I will not reuse any of my old town names & I will def stay away from pop culture towns (Pallet Town, Halloween Town, etc.)

I really like the romance languages, so probably just a nice sounding French, Italian, or Spanish word. Most likely French, since my New Leaf town is called Lacroix.
If I am able to get a switch and the game, my most likely name would be Chuchoter, which means "whisper" (not exact, but yall can look up how French verbs can work on your own). Other nice names would be Devenir, which is French for "to become", Lavanda, which is Spanish for "lavender", or Dedalara, which is Spanish for "foxglove", which is a really pretty flower.
I overall like pretty sounding names that can roll off the tongue and add to the atmosphere of my town.

Since my New Leaf town had a wintry sounding name (Polaris) with blues and purples as the color theme, I think I want to go for a warmer climate in AC Switch. I'm probably going to go with Escapada (Spanish for getaway) and use a warmer color palette. I may end up having two towns though, but we'll have to see how things play out.

My towns have always been called after real places that I’ve either lived or visited. Widmouth was a holiday farm in Devon, Talybont was a place in Wales and Yardley was a place in Birmingham. But this time I think I’m gonna be really random and call it something like Pancake or Biscuit. I dunno I just quite like it.

Last edited:
It will depend on how big the map is. If it’s similar to New Leaf, maybe I’ll name it Borei after the town I never finished making. Or something to do with San or mountain... or maybe Oedo.

If not my current village name (Fellheim) then a variant like Felldorf, Tierdorf (animal village), or Ull?orp/Ullthorp (wool village).

My town will be called Woodnote. I've been planning my next town for quite a while now. :p

I've no idea what im gonna name it, i might take a couple hours when i get the game to actually think of something i want to name it lol, hopefully they give us more characters to name the town

I've been kind of set on the name Mimosa. Not because of the beverage, but because I think the flowers are very pretty. Either that or Nerine.

Yep, I plan on calling it 'Seasons'. I have this whole big video series for YouTube in mind titled 'A Year of Seasons: An Animal Crossing Story" planned and I cannot wait to reveal everything that I have planned.

IF - and this is a big if - they were to increase the character limit ever so slightly, I would name my town Brickhedge.

I haven't given any thought as to what I'd like to call my next town. I think I'll get a better idea once the game is actually revealed.

My most recent town have had more formal but simple names like "Boston" and "Ohio", and I'll probably stick with something simple like that.

Assuming we still have the 8 character limit, I've decided on Mystica. If we have more than 8, then I'm not sure. I'd have to brainstorm more names, because I def want to take advantage of the new character limit.

I've been brainstorming names for the past few months. I'm kinda getting tired of it because I just haven't found that one town name that clicks with me just like Oceana did. I would like to use something new this time, so I'm not sure what I'll name it. If they do lift the character limit, I actually do have a couple names that will most likely work.

Last edited:
Back