What are some of your silly pet peeves in the game?

For me, it has to be crafting tools, as they all break far too easily in my opinion, especially the golden tools as they are very hard to get, and as the golden nuggets are so rare, I feel that we should be rewarded by having the golden tools last much longer.

The fact that Marcie STILL won't give me her pic so I can finally boot her pink butt out, damnit!

The only real pet peeve of mine is how it's the most customizable game, but yet there's next to no item sets or items at all compared to previous titles. Especially with an 8 year gap between the last game and this one you think they'd have more not less.

Another massive one I've had is how they removed all the Amiibo villagers and items (Except the Sanrio crossover cards). I really want Epona, Wolf Link, Melody, Gannon, and all the items they had to sell (Expecially the Cucco and Lon Lon bottle) and they were the things I anticipated most when I got the game on launch.

I hate how quickly flowers multiply. There’s no reason for it. They multiply in extremely large numbers and the only way to prevent it is surrounding the flower with a transparent pattern.

I mentioned this before there was a petty complaint thread but I think it belongs here. I don't like how crunchy-sounding the grass is. It sounds more like dead grass to me. I prefer the quieter sound when you're running on it without shoes.

Probably my biggest pet peeve is how fast flowers can spread and multiply when you are not controlling them. It's maybe helpful when you plan to have a full island of flowers, but when you plan to only have some of them or want to redesign your island and you have to dig them all up first... Depending how many you have it can take hours just to remove all flowers. If you could pick them up so easy how it was back then, then it wouldn't be such a big problem. But digging them up and then also losing some shovels in that process just sucks.

When trying to give something to a villager and they sit so I can’t. Lol Accidentally hitting a villager with a butterfly net when try to talk to them. Store hours.

Literally everything. Don't take this too seriously, I have over 3660 hours logged into NH so obviously I like the game, but I sure do hate a lot of things about it by this point. I'm going to go off for a minute here, so buckle up. I definitly won't be able to think of everything off the top of my head but I'll try to list a bunch of my grievances here. Broadly speaking, Animal crossing NH has outdated controls and it seems to me that the developers wanted to waste as much of my time as possible.

Loading up my game I'm greeted with Isabelle, who NH has tarnished as a character to me. She's entirely too long winded in her morning announcements and it doesn't feel like she does nearly as much work as she did in NL. Isabelle used to feel like a diligent public servant and now she's just some dog doing yoga in the resident services building.

When you're shopping in the Able Sisters while wearing a wand outfit and they say you have to unequip it first, why don't they just unequip it? Also why does it need to be unequipped at all? Just show what my avatar looks like under the wand outfit, you clearly still have a set of clothes under the outfit, it doesn't make any sense that the game isn't able to retrieve and edit that outfit.

Gulliver, everything about him in the game make my blood boil, he's just irritating to the core of his being. so many lines of dialog and he's constantly giving me ugly hats.

Orville, good god the amount this bird talks is unhinged. I've gotten to the point where I wish he would just hand me the paperwork to fill out. Imagine if you could just check boxes for "online" "invite anybody" and if you pick the wrong option, you don't have to start from the beginning of the dialog again. It could work like the letters, just hand it in when it's filled out. Would save me personally a lot of headaches.

Why still no bluk fish bait crafting? Why do manila clams still not stack? They're never going to fix these stupid issue and it's such a shame, why do they like wasting my time like this? Why can't you buy bait from CJ at least, hell I'd settle for giving him clams to make the bait in bulk.

Some of the Nook Miles achievements are ludicrously high, zero people have gotten all of them through regular gameplay. Now that would be fine, if it didn't mean you have to sit and grind out tools you wont need for hours to unlock a pointless achievement and get like what, 2000 nookmiles for it? Why are the stupidly hard to get achievements awards so bad?

Golden tools shouldn't break, period.

Easter was a mistake. In fact all of the holidays are so boring and lackluster, those events should be the highlight of the game but you play them and it's literally nothing, every time. Times like these make me really feel the rush NH was made.

More furniture items should be interactive! I want to be able to ride the carousel and see my villagers enjoying it too! My friend who has never played an Animal Crossing game before called me to complain about how she bought a lawn mower in NH and it does nothing, she though she would have been able to use it to clean up the weeds, and you know what, she's right! How much more fun would AC be if we could do things like that? I wish AC would adopt more gameplay mechanics from games like The SIMs, hell the SIMs even added catching bugs and finding fossils and crystals, why can't animal crossing have skills your character learns and umm I don't know USABLE FURNITURE. Also I would love to have the ability for place fences and furniture and terraform like in The SIMs. Let me place furniture at a diagonal, let items clip into each other, I'll decide if it looks good or not. I want to be able to put more than 2-4 items on a table.

On that note, I miss the crystals from NL. It would have been so cool if you could still find crystals but they were unique shapes and looked more like the actual minerals do irl, and you could donate them to the museum or something.

....I'll be back when I think of more complaints

The new animalese voices don't sound as good as the ones from WW. Especially the snooty villagers. It bugs me more than it should.

I’m very disappointed you can’t change your hairstyle with the wands. I had some ideas for wand outfits, but my idea failed after realizing you can’t change your hairstyle with it. I may as well keep my original outfit at that point.

A few things that really annoy me:

Having to menu so much going from NMT island to NMT island. It really should just allow an option to use another ticket from the NMT island you're on, to go to another. That would save 1-2 minutes each time.

Golden tools breaking is really dumb, and completely unnecessary.

Tammi never wanting to move out no matter what I try (not counting campsite, and I don't have an amiibo card).

I used to get really annoyed at how fast flowers spread, but transparent patterns helped me with that.

my biggest petty issues are:

auditory aspects
i don’t like how placed down custom designs don’t make any noise when you walk on them. it would’ve been nice if they have us the option to set a sound to them.

i’ve never seen anyone else complain about this but i wish i could turn the music down. it’s so loud, i wish i could listen to the natural soundscapes more. you know how in other games you can toggle music / sound effect noises independently? i’d love that. i know a lot of others find waterfalls too loud so they might benefit from those options too

wasting my time
as firesquids mentioned, damn this game wastes your time. i hate how to built ***one*** cliff tile or ***one*** river tile it’s a 2-3 second animation. it adds up if you’re doing a huge project. it demotivates a lot of people from fully experimenting with terraforming, with many people even just giving up on it.

orville. is. the bane. of my. existence. holy crap this bird will not let me get to the point. the villagers and other npcs in the game already feel bland, and this excess unnecessary repetition only makes them stand out more as computers and not characters with personalities. yes i want strangers on the island. no u don’t have warn me for the millionth time

same with nook to an extent. i just despise how long it takes to do something then how you have to go through the entire process again if you misclick. i dread trading sometimes because of how long everything takes

I think I've mentioned this elsewhere on a different thread, but why is the char a size 3 fish?? You're telling me that the char is the same size as the dace or cherry salmon. 😭 I think it's more fitting to be a size 4 fish (like the black bass).

Gyroids. I seriously hate those things! I will throw out any Gyroid that I find in New Leaf.

I cant terraform the beach! Or even mess around with it -3-

I dont know whats so special about the beach that the game doesnt let us play around there too much.

I mean I dont have many decorations on the beach, its kinda boring if you can't terrafoarm or do other stuff with it. Or straight up cover it up. Like for some themes that dont have a beachy theme.

Yeah I know its a deserted island! But Id still like to mess around with all areas. My island has lots of big structures, and the beach just stands out. I guess I just wish I could mess around with it more.

Last edited:
Back