• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What are some of your favourite movies ever?

Disney Princess movie fan here, but I also like action movies too. One of my favorite movies is How to Train Your Dragon. To me, it's the best! In fact, just went to see the third one and I would recommend to watch it. The ending was really good!

I don't know why but whenever i see this question i can never think of a favourite movie... maybe i just haven't seen anything good? or maybe i'm just picky when it comes to movies? either way i'm trying to find a movie that i can re-watch and still like it :p

I tend to admire animated movies more but I like all kinds tbh! It really depends on the genre for me. I can't say I have an overall favorite movie, but I enjoy most movies.

Animation:
- Your Name (it's a current favorite; the animation is so beautiful and I cry every time.)
- WALL-E (It's my favorite of all the Pixar movies! Using little dialogue and conveying feelings through sound was brilliant. I also love how it made you think about the future.)
- Mulan
- The Fox and the Hound
- The Emperor's New Groove
- The Princess and The Frog
- Kiki's Delivery Service

Adventure:
- The Mummy series (It's a really fun series with great chemistry from the leads. I consider it a classic! It's one of those movies I could watch again and again without getting bored; it's pure harmless fun. We don't talk about the last one, shh)
- Indiana Jones series
- Jurassic Park
- The Shape of Water
- Black Panther

Drama:
- Lion (I really didn't expect to like this film but it felt so raw and I found myself relating to the protagonist on what it's like to lose your identity and regain it. I cried so much, this movie destroyed me. ;o; )
- Hidden Figures (I really enjoyed this film; it's a shame it didn't win enough rewards.)
- Catch Me If You Can (Probably my favorite Leo movie. Acting is superb.)
- The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
- The Pianist

Mystery/Horror:
- The Ring (You can't deny its cultural impact and iconic-ness. I also love how it just messes with you psychologically and provides a good spooky story.)
- The Others (It's another pretty good mystery film that pulls your strings in the right ways.)

Comedy/Romance:
- La Vita ? Bella (aka Life Is Beautiful. It's such a fun light-hearted film and then the second half... ;o; )
- Dangerous Beauty (I didn't expect to like this film, but it's surprisingly good!)
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding (It's a really cute, lighthearted movie.)
- Rush Hour series (I think both actors worked great with each other.)
- White Chicks

I'll post again if I think of more. :)

I just remembered, I love movie series like Jurassic Park, Jurassic World, the Alien series, all of the Terminator movies, the Predator movies, and stuff like that. Basically anything that has action/adventure and danger in it. :)

I love so many movies, so I'll try to break it into categories.

Classic older films:
- Gone With the Wind (This is my favorite movie of all time.)
- Roman Holiday
- My Fair Lady
- The Uninvited (1944)

Fantasy:
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy
- Dark Crystal
- Labyrinth
- Anything from Tim Burton

Animation:
- Beauty and the Beast
- Mulan
- Perfect Blue
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Pom Poko

Action:
- Once Upon a Time in China series
- Fist of Legend
- Hero
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

Horror:
- Child's Play series (although I don't really like the newest ones)

Basically, I like a lot of movies and will watch almost any genre.

Whisper of the Heart, The 400 Blows, The Bicycle Thief, Smultronst?llet, Love Simon, and The Conjuring. I like a variety of movies.

Watching the Lion King the other day made me realise how much i love it, but there are too many great films to determine a favourite.

wall-e, avatar and into the spiderverse are ones i could watch all day

- - - Post Merge - - -

wonder and the little prince are amazing as well omg

edit: and mean girls and clueless!!!

Last edited:
5 centimeters per second always give me Feelings whenever i watch it ;v; good feelings tho there's a kind of wistful longing for things that could have been but an acceptance that they aren't that currently

i also really loved Spiderverse!! I watched it three times and it was great 10/10 my standards for superhero movies will never be the same again

and i can't really explain why but i feel inexplicably drawn to howls moving castle?? it's just so calming to watch?

I like a lot of Pixar film like Wall-E, Toy Story, etc. I also just appreciate universally accepted good movies. Forrest Gump is up there for me. Various Jim Carrey movies are always good for just certain moods. The Lord of the Rings movies are also favorites of mine.

a bit typical but most probably spirited away
it had a big part of me throughout my childhood, and i remember recalling elements of it from when i watched it at a very very very young age that i couldnt even oin point until i rewatched it older.

i also rlly like howls moving castle, tho i found this time it didnt rlly encapture me as much (but howl was.... a very pretty boy and my heart was wowee)

i rlly liked the cat returns i think, tho i cant remember a lot of the elements anymore, and all i can recall are the pretty cats, qnd the fact that the actual star of studio ghibli was not that happy/satisfied with that movie, which was made by his apprentice

I like a lot of movies from what's sometimes known as the "golden age of Hollywood" which is roughly between 1929 and 1960 but there's a lot of more current movies I like as well.

The Adventures of Robin Hood(1938 with Errol Flynn)
The Ten Commandments(1956)
Casablanca
Stalag 17
The Quiet Man
The Caine Mutiny
The Searchers
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Shane
My Fair Lady
Gigi
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Patton
The Godfather I & II
Slapshot
The Natural
Victor/Victoria
Amelie
Real Genius
The Incredibles
Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
Big

Last edited:
Of the top of my head Mystery Men, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Hudson Hawk, Return to Oz, Mirror Mask, Reefer Madness: the Movie Musical. More recently, Kubo and the Two Strings.

I don't want to come across as a hipster avoiding the mainstream.

Last edited:
Rat Race. It's one those silly funny movies I could watch all the time (although I'm kinda shocked that
this movie is already 18 years old, wtf). I also used to watch Cats & Dogs as well as Snow Dogs a lot
when I was younger, they were like my favorites back in the days.

Oh, and also The Spongebob Squarepants movie, which is my all time favorite in terms of cartoon
movies.

This question is alwaaaays hard to answer LOL
any disney movie FOR SURE
I love musicals such as Hairspray, Wicked, Rent, Mama Mia, Moulin Rouge, etc.
Now & Then
13 going on 30
Harry Potter
the list is toooooo long :D

I have more:

Lord of The Rings Trilogy
Bull Durham
Office Space
That Thing You Do
Quadrophenia
Excalibur
Cabaret
This Is Spinal Tap
Scaramouche
Lock,Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Walk Hard:The Dewey Cox Story
Gregory's Girl
Ed Wood
Amadeus
The Right Stuff
Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy
Star Trek II:The Wrath of Khan

Last edited:
To Wong Foo, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar is like one of my all time favorite movies mostly bc it just puts me in a good mood but its me and my moms favorite movie. a movie i recently watched which was really cute was Mary and the Witch's Flower. the animation was amazing

Love the parent trap, moana, mary poppins, the sound of music, and all star wars!!!

Also has any of yall heard of the pacifier? Me and my mom watch it alot... And My cousin vinny lol! I am old.....

Last edited:
Back