• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weird things from when you were a child/little.

I think I had OCD as a child. Like, I had to touch walls 5 times before I could leave a room.
Once, I was in line in preschool and I ran across the gym to touch a wall because I couldn't leave the room without doing it.

Top three things that come to my mind when I think of weird things from my childhood...

1. I named my index finger Winston when I was 8 and I would just refer to the index finger as Winston.

2. When people talked around me I would listen very closely and my lips would move and I would lip the last 5 or 6 words that I heard and it was uncontrollable and my mom would take me with her to places just to show people this really weird thing I had really no control over.

3. I had really low self esteem so whenever I left the house or hung out with friends I would act like my favorite characters that I thought were really cool and would build stories around myself that were never really true. They were like headcanons I had about the characters I liked to pretend to be. This could be normal for some people but my mom thought it was weird and my counselor at school thought I had a multiple personality disorder.

My sister and I would play with Barbies and we would always make them totally crazy egomaniacs who would stalk each other, steal each others man, become lesbians, or have huge epic battles and when a Barbie got killed we would take its head off and they would later come back from the dead as a floating head ghost.

My sister and I used to love eating Kibbles and Dog Treats, seriously the flavors were fascinating AND we had dogs at the time :p

My sister and I would play with Barbies and we would always make them totally crazy egomaniacs who would stalk each other, steal each others man, become lesbians, or have huge epic battles and when a Barbie got killed we would take its head off and they would later come back from the dead as a floating head ghost.

omg this was like me <333

I used to have this ball where when you throw it, it expands so
My sister and I attatched the barbies to it , then we would roll it down the stairs to see who was left.
And one time all the barbies went missing and my sister put the doll it behind me when I wasn't looking and I cried because I was really scared

I think one of the weirdest things about me when I was a kid was how obsessed I was with becoming a dog...

Like, I would strip all of my clothes off (though I'd leave my underwear on lol) and when my Mom told me why I was naked, I'd reply "Puppies don't wear clothes!". I'd also crawl around on all fours, bark, tie my hair in pigtails to represent "floppy dog ears", pant like a dog, and attempt to eat Reese's puffs, dry, out of a bowl on the ground, as if it were dog kibble..

And anytime we were at the store and my Mom would threaten me to put me on a leash if I wandered off, it just made me more tempted to wander away, because that'd make me more like a dog.. xD

EDIT: oh and I'd also wiggle my butt side to side like I was wagging my non-existent tail. lolll

Last edited:
I used to ball up my duvet on my bed, with me and all my stuffed animals inside it, and pretend it was a rocket ship. I'd roll around inside it and pretend it was crashing and go through this really long sequence of events trying to save the ship, and then eventually it'd end in sappy speeches to the crew before it crashed over the side of the bed.

when i was a kid i was terrified of E.T. and would never flush the toilet because for some reason i thought doing so would cause E.T. to appear

I remember once I tried to pretend to be cookie monster, but I didn't have any cookies, so I just took some printer paper, shreded it up and tried to eat it, but I spit it back out. I don't even know what I was thinking LOL. I also used to think the boogie man looked like a fuzzy broom..? Idk where I got that idea from. There used to be this fuzzy broom by my attic door so it creeped me out at night so I thought he could be a resemblance of the boogie man. I used to put my cat in a baby stroller and cradle I still had, and treat her like my baby LOL. I put a little bonnet on her and a bottle of milk. She still loves me after all I put her through <3. I also used to spy on my mom whenever the phone rang. Back when cord phones existed, I'd go on the other phone and listen in another room. I thought it was the funniest thing when my mom got annoyed at me haha. And I have so many more things but I'd have to write a book to do that.

when i was a kid i was terrified of E.T. and would never flush the toilet because for some reason i thought doing so would cause E.T. to appear

That's so weird, I was just about to write my childhood fear of E.T when I noticed what you wrote! I'm with you on the E.T. thing, it scared me so much as a kid, lol. I would freak out if my curtains weren't completed closed, if there was a small gap I was convinced I'd see E.T. peering at me through the window!

I just sat there as a baby and watched spongebob. I was boring
And for toddler memories...?
I thought i looked like cinderella and barbie and was scared of the little mermaid movie
now im a gamer. I wonder how i went from " i wanna be a pretty princess" to "I wanna save the world"

One time I got angry/tantrum and pushed a chair through a window (I was only 4)

My mum used to tell me if I didn't wash my hands after cracking eggs I'd get warts on my fingers, now I have like a phobia of cracking eggs and having any yolk/white get on my fingers, I cringe and have to scrub my hands.

When I was a kid I used to hang out with an older gent that lived downstairs from my moms boyfriend's condo. Found out later he was arrested for kidnapping and killing children. He was a nice guy. That's one of the things that sticks out to me quite a bit though.

On the habits side of things, I used to eat shirts. My school uniforms never made it more than 6 months without enormous gouges out of the neck-line because I'd eat them during class.

When I was a kid I used to hang out with an older gent that lived downstairs from my moms boyfriend's condo. Found out later he was arrested for kidnapping and killing children. He was a nice guy. That's one of the things that sticks out to me quite a bit though.

On the habits side of things, I used to eat shirts. My school uniforms never made it more than 6 months without enormous gouges out of the neck-line because I'd eat them during class.

Wow, I'm glad you never wound up being one of his victims. o_O

And I think everyone has something not meant to be eaten that they would eat anyway as a kid lol. Personally, mine was dyer lint.

Wow, I'm glad you never wound up being one of his victims. o_O

And I think everyone has something not meant to be eaten that they would eat anyway as a kid lol. Personally, mine was dyer lint.

Dryer lint was always the worst with me, because my cat has picked up my habit of smelling it and just rolling around in dryer sheets.

Back