• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Weird things from when you were a child/little.

marzipanmermaid

*insert Pikmin noises*
Bells
My Melody Easter Egg
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Kids are weird so I figured this could be funny.

When I was little, I lived in a poor area in Missouri. There weren't many neighbors (unless you count the horses that lived beyond our backyard) and of course there wasn't any children around. I was really shy and this was my first time going to school after being home schooled so I was wanting friends like the other kids at school. So, I had "imaginary friends." They never had names and they weren't even "friendly." My mum remembered me crying a lot and complaining that my imaginary friend hurting me or making fun of me. It got to the point where I made up another "friend" to beat up the original one; the original one ended up teaming up with the new one and they both participated in bullying me, lol. It's sad because most of my real friendships reflect that years later. But, my imaginary friends beat me up and it's funny.

I used to eat paper and cardboard because I liked the way it smelled.

I used to go outside and have stray cats flock to me in droves. They still kind of do this. My parents "tested" it out by taking turns going outside to see what happen and sending my brother out. Cats would get close to my mum, but only one or two. Then they would send me out and all the cats would come out from the carport, under the porch, out of the trees, or from the nearby forest and run over to me. I don't know why. But they just did/do. Like, stray cats really like me.

I used to cry if I couldn't get home to watch Unsolved Mysteries because I had to know about aliens.

I cracked my head open 3 times and got hurt so much as a child that doctors thought my parents were abusing me.

Last edited:
I used to have these awesome Pokemon key chains, and I'd suck on the metal part of them because it tasted good. :p

Still a kid buuut... when I was a toddler and I didn't get my way, I lay on the floor, arms stretched out even in the park or the supermarket! Funny times - of course I don't do it now!

I used to have a thing for burning candles and cardboard when I was around 8 years old.

When I was little I used to pretend to be animals by saying the animal name. Like I'd go around on all fours saying "cat, cat, cat, cat" instead of meowing.

I also used to ask my parents permission to go to the bathroom, but I would do it by staring at them until they told me to go. I used to do the same when I was hungry or thirsty too but instead I'd do an eating/drinking motion. I have no idea why I did this but my parents hated it. No matter how many times they told me I didn't need permission I wouldn't stop.

Whenever we went to the mall, I liked to stand next to the clothes mannequins and pull the exact same pose as them. I wouldn't move or anything and just stared at the people going by.
My mum didn't care because I wasn't getting into trouble or anything, lol

EDIT: I would also walk around in public like a dinosaur (on tip toes, leaning forward, hands like claws), eat my meat like a dinosaur, and make dinosaur noises. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
When I was little I used to pretend to be animals by saying the animal name. Like I'd go around on all fours saying "cat, cat, cat, cat" instead of meowing.

This made my day.

Whenever we went to the mall, I liked to stand next to the clothes mannequins and pull the exact same pose as them. I wouldn't move or anything and just stared at the people going by.
My mum didn't care because I wasn't getting into trouble or anything, lol

A few years back, I stood in a display case at the mall like that for an hour on a bet. Got myself $20 :D

---

Back when I was little, I was kinda lonely, because we lived in a bad part of town and ma wouldn't let me play outside much, so I used to have a strange type of imaginary friend. There were 26 of them and they were named A to Z. My interaction with them pretty much boiled town to me doing the same thing 27 times and comparing how I and my imaginary friends did. I think this is where I got my competitive nature from, lol.

I would turn everything into an instrument - if I was bored or impatient I'd take any object and use it as a drum/tap it/strum it/whatever, depending on what it was.

Omg, so I was a HUGE The Little Mermaid fan as a child, and haha I used to grab the forks and comb my hair with them while singing to myself. So weird.

I uh, I used to always want to be a mermaid (actually I still do wanna be a mermaid...) and I used to put my legs in the pillow with pillow case and start pretending it was my mermaid tail omg.

and hmm, I used to use hangers and pretend they were guns and sticks as swords (I was never allowed to have toys like those so)

I used to copy DBZ's kamehameha.. Actually I used to copy a lot of anime and tv show stuff hahahahaha

I don't know, I was a weird child.

I used to purposefully walk into poles because I thought it was funny.

Back