• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

Vocaloids

I wish I could figure out how to make my own vocaloid songs with the program. It seems pretty difficult ;.;

LOOK AT HER
rana.jpg
ISNT SHE BEAUTIFUL ???/
her name is rana ~~
https://twitter.com/rana_0909
http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Rana

I've really started liking them since I got Project Diva F on my PS Vita! Haven't listened to very many songs but I think I'll eventually get around to it! ^-^

Honestly, they creep me out a little bit. I wouldn't mind them if so many people didn't try to treat them as though they were real people. It's also kind of sad in a way that music is headed in the completely synthesized/computerized direction. I'd much rather hear real people sing/real people play instruments, to be honest.

Nothing against people who like them, though. Some of the music is okay. It's just the concept that rubs me a bit the wrong way, so I can't really get into them.

I think vocaloids are okay, but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the way they sing, especially in English. It sounds very choppy to me and not very smooth. :/ I used to like them when I was younger but not so much anymore.

My favorite vocaloids are Gumi, Miku, and Luka : D

Just in case people are trying to get into Vocaloid, but haven't found the right music

I think it really depends on the composer, quality, and genre for many people. Vocaloid music covers a VERY wide range of genres, voices, and instrument types in the background which is why it's hard for a lot of people to find like-able vocaloid music. There are also human covers of vocaloid songs (Japanese= Utaite, English on youtube= Youtaite), I know a lot of people who only prefer such. .

Last edited:
OKAY GUYS JUST TO CLEAR THINGS UP WITH YOU

Kagamine Len is perfect and is mine so yeah srry to break the news <3

Miku and Rin are pretty cool too, and so is Luka and Kaito.

SRRY I LIKE SO MANY VOCALOIDS THEYRE ALL JUST SO BEAUTIFUL

I don't really like Vocaloids much. I don't have anything against them, though. I used to listen to them, and I just don't anymore.

But I've been going through my iTunes and I found my favourite song again. Imitation Black with Gakupo, Kaito, and Len...it's my favourite Vocaloid song, and one of my favourite songs overall.

(Also, when I was in Japan last summer, I had blue hair...on Mt. Fuji, one of the people working there came up to me like "Hatsune Miku?" and I was like "...No..." but it was really funny)

I have mixed feelings about Vocaloids. The designs are cute and my favorite character design is Luka's. I appreciate all the work that goes into Vocaloids by the fans, musicians, and technical team in creating everything. I just can't quite understand how people can treat them as real. I have heard many, many people claim that "Miku is real to me" and that she is "more real than any other pop singer." The fans are really intense about Miku and the other Vocaloids. I recently went to the Miku Expo and concert that was in LA. My aunt took me along with her as she had an extra ticket. I had heard of Vocaloids a couple years prior, but I had no clue about how intense the following was and how big Miku got until I went to the event in LA. People were practically crying with joy and I waited in line almost all day with my aunt just to buy a couple things from the store. Looking at all the money we spent I honestly would rather have gone to a music festival like Coachella or EDC or just about anything else with big names headlining. Anyway, it's an interesting concept and I'm glad it brings happiness to so many people.

Back