• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villagers you think deserve a little more love

I think Rudy deserves some love! Not sure why he isn't popular. I love the juxtaposition of him being sooo cute while having a jock personality haha

For me I think Lyman... the poor koala has supposedly been around since New Leaf. I've never encountered him in my town or anyone else's town for that matter and I've done a fair amount of dream visiting as well as watching numerous AC contenct creators. Quite frankly I didn't know he even existed. He was my luck of the pot for New Horizons and I've grown to adore the little guy...

I could go on for days about Hazel but I'm not going to (try). Only thing subjective about her is the Unibrow, but I find it pretty charming. Plus when it comes to Uchi/Sister designs she fits the personality best.

Besides Hazel, kinda wish there was more love for Gala, she's such a cute normal pig but I rarely see people talking about her.

tbh i don't like hazel's color scheme or haircut but yeah the unibrow is fine, i think it's silly when people hate on her over that so it ended up making me like her more because of it lol. gala is so cute though, i agree!!

Vladimir and Leopold have always been some of my favorites.

And everyone who mentioned Celia: awh yeah. <3

quick edit: I also really love Barold's and Tabby's designs. They're really ugly but so full of character.

Last edited:
ursala!!! i don't know how popular she actually is, but i don't see her mentioned much even though she's so cute...
her name is a pun and she looks constantly worried whats not to love?

I think Rudy deserves some love! Not sure why he isn't popular. I love the juxtaposition of him being sooo cute while having a jock personality haha

Based on what I've seen in the months leading up to the release, a lot of players dislike the jock personality. So Rudy suffers for it. The jock personality is one big stereotype, and can be annoying sometimes, but is not too bad.

I have yet to recruit more villagers but from my current island I'd say Genji. He's not ugly but I don't see much of him compared to others !! He was one of my first villagers and I've quickly grew obsessed with this silly sport obsessed furball.
here's a genji eating a lollipop for your daily needs
View attachment 234240
I love Genji so much!! I love how serious he looks versus how goofy he is as a jock. His smile is so precious too.

The sheep are lovely! Eunice, Vesta, and Stella in particular. They've always been my top dreamies.

EUI5tkaXsAMkwlw

Tutu needs more love because she's a good villager and an endangered species.

Poncho the Bear Cub! So cute. Dunno why he's so low in the tier lists. Him, Rudy, Bam and Dom are the cutest jocks, imo.

I love Poncho!! I didn't think much of him as first but one of my New Leaf towns, StarLake, is space-themed and I needed a jock but none of them seemed to fit so I picked him just because of his dark fur + me thinking his design was cute. I love him now because of that!! Bam is also adorable, I've had Rudy in one of my NL towns for years, and I want Dom on my island so bad. I was pretty glad when I heard he was a jock since there are hardly any jocks I like compared to other personalities so it's nice to have another one.

Hugh is my absolute favorite! He was in my original Wild World town and I got lucky enough to have him as a random move-in in New Horizons! I know hes got a Blue With A Spot Over The Eye look that like,, 2 or 3 other villagers also weirdly have, but I find his design the most appealing out of them all and I think the different inverted eyes are cute. Other than design though he's been nothing but so nice to me and I consider him my best villager friend in these games. He's just a fun hungry blue pig and I couldnt have asked for anything better
Hugh_NLa.png

Oh and Raddle! I havent had him in a town yet, but the concept of a poison dart frog trying to be a doctor is enough to win me over, love his design and I'm excited for when I get him someday!
(Edit: sorry for the new comment, I thought the posts would merge like on the previous site design oops)

I actually really like the design of the gorilla villagers but I feel they're generally disliked.
They just remind me of all the times I used to play Donkey Kong as a kid. I think Boyd is my favorite one.

Besides this, I also love Katt and Merry - everyone is crazy about Rosie but I, personally, think Merry looks way cuter.

Yesssss Doc love! I love him, he's a cutie and he and I share a birthday!

Other than Doc, I really love Gaston too. He was one of my first villagers in Wild World and man was he one of my best friends in the game.

I also think Bangle, Kidd, and Walt deserve more love!
(Editing to add Rowan and Tybalt. Honestly all the tigers deserve love, even Claudia)

Tybalt and I share a birthday. I wish he wasn't a jock though! 😭

Back