• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Villager Hunting General Thread

My mandatory smug camper in Riversong is Ed. Hmmm, not sure how I feel about that, but can't change it so Ed it is.

Ed and RL me have a history going back to the Game Cube AC days when I spent forever trying to find him to retrieve an item he borrowed from Portia. After searching my town for way longer than I wanted to I finally found him standing behind a group of trees. Anxious to finally finish up my play session, I rushed up to him only to learn that he no longer had Portia's item because he'd loaned it to someone else. I really wanted to smack him for wasting so much of my time!

Over 90 tickets and can't seem to get molly to spawn :/ fauna has shown up multiple times and I wonder if I should settle for her or not. I'd hate to cuz I could have saved so many miles if I accepted her the first time she spawned. Deena has shown twice in all of this. I have seen every normal villager at least once except for a handful (12). Ugh. Lol 😆

ACNH Kiki 2.jpg

OMFGGGG. I've been freaking out for the past hour. I finally found Kiki in my campsite. She's the dreamy I've been looking for since launch. I already had 9 permanents, so I was worried how long it would take for me to get her to replace the 1 person I needed her to. It took me 4 card game wins for her to replace Gonzo.

I've found Static, Marina, Bluebear, Whitney, Reneigh, Fauna, Raymond, Lucky, Louie, and now Kiki all by myself with no trading or amiibo. Can't believe it.

Last edited:
At this stage, I'm pretty much only on the hunt for Lucky once Rocket decides to move out. That, and I may replace Del later down the line. Though, I can see myself growing to like him. :) In short, I've been fortunate in finding my Dreamies.

Since Julia moved out, I once again went on the hunt for Rod or Shino with 20 NMTs! I also decided if I ran out of tickets to take the first Peppy I came across, since my island's been sadly lacking one for quite some time.
  1. Marina - Can I really call it a villager hunt if I don't see Marina at least once?
  2. Drake
  3. Hamphrey
  4. Mitzi - She's adorable, but not who I'm after 🥲
  5. Olivia
  6. Groucho
  7. Ace
  8. Kitt
  9. T-Bone
  10. Rasher
  11. Oddly... there wasn't a villager on this island...? I'm joking; it was Camofrog ehehe
  12. Pekoe - Again with the cute Normal villagers I don't have room for ;;
  13. Victoria - Was sorely tempted since she's a Peppy and I like her, but I wasn't ready to give up the hunt just yet.
  14. Daisy - AGAIN with the adorable Normals 😭
  15. Julia - An only slightly awkward reunion.
  16. Patty
  17. Rocket
  18. Muffy
  19. Ken
And the winner is...
Peanut.jpg

Peanut! Not quite who I was after, but I still feel lucky to have found a Peppy on my last ticket so I didn't have to grind for more Nook Miles. Hopefully she'll bring some much needed liveliness to my island!

Azalea has decided to move away . I liked her but it’s time for her to move on. Looking for another snooty to take her place. I would love to find Eloise . If I would ask Blaire, Blanche , or Portia if I see them.

I am starting with 40 tickets
1 Boris (cranky) I like him but maybe another time
2 Shino ( peppy) I have her Amiibo
3 Felicity (peppy) I already have two peppy
4 Deena ( normal) so cute have her Amiibo she will be going to my other island Jurai
5 Ace (Jock) have his Amiibo will bring him at some point
6 peanut ( peppy) cute but already had her on my island

7 Rasher ( cranky) I would have asked him if I was looking for a cranky
8 Ozzie ( Lazy) so cute but already have two lazy and have his Amiibo
9 Chevre (normal) so cute but already have three normal villagers
10 Avery ( cranky) I like him but don’t need a cranky maybe another time
11 Hamphrey ( cranky) cute hamster but not looking for cranky
12 Paula (sisterly) sorry just not who I’m looking for
13 Cephalobot (smug) have his Amiibo
14 Bill ( jock) so cute have his Amiibo and he will be going to my second island
15 Benedict ( lazy) I like him but looking for snooty
16 lobo ( cranky) I like him but still looking for a snooty
17 Louie ( jock) one of the few gorillas I like maybe another time
18 Roald ( jock) favorite jock but have his Amiibo do will bring him back in winter
19 puddles ( peppy) she is cute but not looking for a peppy
20 Bianca (peppy) I like her but again snooty not peppy
Halfway through and not a snooty villager in site. Maybe second half will be better
21 Marina ( normal) have her Amiibo
22 Hugh ( lazy) cute tempted to ask but didn’t
23 Cookie ( peppy ) so many peppy villagers
24 soleil ( snooty) finally a snooty just not the one I was looking for
25 Iggly ( jock) have his Amiibo
26 Pate ( peppy) perfect for my other island
27 Faith ( sisterly) have her Amiibo
28 Bitty (snooty) wrong one
29 Lyman (jock) he’s ok just not looking for him
30 Boomer ( lazy) great villager already had him
31 : Axel ( jock) had on my other island
32 Goose ( jock) I like him but not today
33 Sprinkle ( peppy) having her move over from my second island for winter.
34 Patty (peppy) have her Amiibo
35 Sly ( jock) already had him
36 Phil ( smug) he’s ok
37 Clyde (lazy) not looking for a lazy
38 I wasn’t planning on asking another normal villager but Maggie is adorable 🥰 and fits with my fall theme .
63A697FD-CB49-43A2-A992-DBAB080F8210.jpeg

Will have to try again when someone else asks to leave to find Eloise .

tiansheng finally asked to move out, which meant i got to go island hopping for the first time in months! ♡ my island hop session today was a bit on the long side, but i don’t mind since i’ve really missed doing it!

1. hans
2. harry
3. gloria
4. baabara
5. marina
6. bam
7. freckles
8. rory
9. cally was lowkey tempted to take her, but decided to pass
10. camofrog
11. rex
12. stella lowkey tempted by her, too 🥹
13. billy
14. knox
15. violet
16. cally again
17. stella again
18. flip
19. apollo
20. olaf
21. stella again 🤨
22. ursala
23. plucky
24. marcie
25. boone
26. ozzie
27. vivian
28. reneigh
29. alli
30. marlo
31. nate
32. sparro
33. knox again
34. eugene
35. murphy
36. annalisa
37. olaf again
38. naomi
39. julia
40. benedict always tempted to invite him,, one day i will i swear-
41. merengue
42. roald
43. opal
44. phoebe
45. rio
46. croque
47. shari
48. eugene again
49. leopold
50. rooney
51. clay
52. raddle
53. chief
54. frank
55. walt
56. chrissy
57. o’hare
58. doc
59. lily
60. deena
61. wendy
62. timbra
goldie is always one of the villagers i hope to run into whenever i go island hopping, so i did a lil happy dance when i saw her haha. super excited to have her! ☺️

1F8EF6A7-5428-465C-8803-B9C4191861FB.jpeg

I went hunting last night for about 40 tickets. Notable villager finds were: Lolly, Freya, Zell, Dobie, Roald. My villager goals for my 3 slots are Daisy, Mitzi, or Shep. I'm basically going for a dog island (with Poppy of course), but kind have been getting sidetracked on the way. During the hunt last night I took Mint as a friend of mine wants her, and I'll TT her out so she can go to his island. The hunt will continue soon :)

I've never actually had a successful villager hunt. Most of the villagers I have were gotten through online trading, and the rest are ones I've stumbled across and decided I liked.

@azurill and @xara - Maggie and Goldie are two of my favorite normals (though to be fair it is kind of a long list…). Both such adorable spotty yellow girls.

Recently had a short but sweet villager hunt of my own. I was just about to quit for the night when I happened upon a villager whose been on my list for a while. So I said, what the heck, despite it cutting my hunt a bit shorter than I usually like.

1. Alfonso
2. Marina
3. Monty
4. Alice - tempted
5. Alfonso
6. Gruff
7. Walt
8. Ava - tempted
Sylvana!

For a long time I just wasn’t too excited about the squirrels. I really love how itty bitty the hamsters and ducks are, and always felt like the squirrels would appeal to me the same way. But it took me a while to warm up to the squirrel villagers.

Now I will have both Sylvana and Hazel (who I am pretty fond of at the moment) so really giving them a good chance!

1662689515364.png

@azurill and @xara - Maggie and Goldie are two of my favorite normals (though to be fair it is kind of a long list…). Both such adorable spotty yellow girls.
I have too many normal I really like . I could just have ten normal villagers if I wanted. The only reason I wasn’t looking for another normal was because I had just invited Goldie with an Amiibo card as my 3rd normal. I passed on Maggie once before and wished I hadn’t. So asked her this time. Both Goldie and Maggie are great villagers.

Sylvana is a great villager. I had her for a long time.

Last edited:
Yesterday was Vladimir’s last day on Foreaux! It was my first time meeting Vladimir, and I’m sad to see him go, but I’m also determined to have some new favourites come into Foreaux island. Thanks so much to Jenny @themysterybidder for all the NMTs that allowed me to villager hunt today! 🥰🌟

1. Axel - His design is just so cute (blue tuft of hair on his head)! I would have loved to have him, but I didn’t want to leave my island-hopping trip so short…
2. Frita - Actually adorable and so sweet
3. Mathilda - I love her black design so much
4. Louie! Aaaaa, my sweet Louie! Louie is one of my two original villagers on Bilby Isle, and he still lives there. Therefore, I couldn’t possibly invite him to Foreaux, because I know where his home is. 🥰 If Agnes showed up on a mystery island, it would be a very hard choice, as she was my ACNH starter also, and also my favourite villager!
5. Pierce - Finally my sister fruit has been revealed! Apples! 🍎 I actually love Pierce. I made him a home at HHP, and he was an instant favourite. We also happen to be birthday twins!
6. Mott - I don’t think I had ever heard of Mott before!
7. Kidd
8. Quinn
9. Leopold
10. Plucky - Aaaaa, chicken villager. So cute, but had to keep going.
11. Norma - Another resident of Bilby Isle! I love her colour pallette. Her home and garden were so nice to decorate.
12. Curly - so cute
13. Boomer
14. Cephalobot
15. Pekoe
16. Iggly
17. Frank
18. Marlo
19. Erik
20. Violet
21. Peggy - Was hard to walk past Peggy! She is so cute.
22. Julia - Another really cute one!
23. Maelle
24. Well, it’s getting late and if they’re going to be so persistent… I think we’ll have to invite…
Axel!​

Both my first and 24th mystery island visitor, I thought it would be nice to invite him to my island!

E24E5BB4-B4D3-4D3A-B271-7B9E8B319AE2.jpeg

I’d like to see Peggy on a mystery island again in the future, or I’m sure I have her amiibo too. She was very cute and sweet, and in hindsight, she is a must-have for Foreaux. I’d love to invite her to our island. 🥰 Here’s a few more snaps from the mystery islands!

Adorable Peggy!
7E317D02-A77D-4C74-B6AA-52AE1343DE7F.jpeg

Plucky resting in the moonlight
FF11BBE1-83F3-432F-9085-0D59DD1F6BE1.jpeg

Curly staring at the stars and contemplating island life
9CDEA0D4-9F5B-4B1F-8E1F-FA5646507C42.jpeg

reviving this thread since i just got finished island hopping! wasn’t really looking for anyone in particular, just wanted to see who rng would bring me. and i’m very, very, very happy with who it brought me. 🖤🖤

1. plucky
2. nibbles
3. hornsby (was lowkey tempted to take him)
4. olaf
5. dora
6. lobo
7. knox
8. paula
9. camofrog
10. shari
11. kody
BABY!! the love of my life pls i love her so much. she has fangs and she’s so pretty and look at her!! i’m so excited to finally have her on my island! i have her amiibo, but i wanted to try and find her via island hopping or the campsite since i thought having her would feel more rewarding that way. and it does. <3
D30A78CB-F98E-40BC-A98A-55FB5B99DA01.jpeg
E80BE2AD-5468-4463-AE3C-25BE08298DDC.jpeg

Alrighty, time to revive this thread! I just kicked out Fang, and I plan to just island hop without a specific villager in mind, maybe I'll find someone I want!
I've got 258 NMT and 112k Nook Miles all ready to go, let's get this show on the road! I personally would love Chief, or really any other cranky wolf, or maybe Cherry. I'd also love to have Flo again... I guess we'll see!

1. Rodeo! He came to my island as an autofill villager, and I ended up keeping him for a few months. I'd love to have him again, but I must keep going.
2. Vladimir
3. Chops... as a loyal fan of Froggycrossing, I'm currently running away at top speed.
4. Lionel
5. Becky
6. Renee
7. Teddy. He's cute, but I have a strict no-jock rule on my island
8. Chief!!!!! I'm debating on whether or not to take him, on one hand, he is a gay icon and I love him, yet this is only my eighth ticket...

Ok so if I find him again, I'll take him, but I just wanna see who else pops up first

9. Sprocket
10. Biff
11. Mathilda
12. Angus
13. Lucky! I'd take him but a) I already have 3 lazies and b) I have his amiibo so I can get him whenever.
14. Deirdre
15. Olive
16. Patty
17. Lucy
18. Erik
19. Gayle
20. Gonzo
21. Pierce

gonna take a break to watch some Peppa Pig bc WHY NOT

22. Paula
23. Groucho
24: Pudge! He's my b-day twin, he's cute and I want him but I already have 3 laziesssss
25. Joey
26. Quillson
27. Admiral
28. Snake
29. Pudge again! First duplicate of the hunt, I'm sure there'll be many more to come
30. Zell

my switch is gonna die so ima go charge it, watch some more Peppa Pig, and eat jelly beans for the next hour

alright I'm backkkkkk

31. Lionel again
32. Simon
33. Truffles
34. Apollo
35. Jeremiah
36. Teddy again
37. Norma
38. Frita
39. Bella
40. Frett
41. Flurry
42. Katt
43: Bluebear!!!! I want her so bad but I need a cranky (specifically Chief, I have my heart set on him now)
44. Kevin
45. June
46. Elise
47: Zucker!!! Why oh why must I already have 3 lazies...
48: Olaf
49: Chevre
50: Deirdre again

51. Gladys
52. Curlos
53. Vesta
54. Sherbbbbb my sweet baby boiiiiii
55. Drake
56. Sterling!!! He was one of my OG 10, I miss him, but the no-jocks rule still applies
57. Curlos again

58. Axel
59. Curt
60. Sherb again

61. Pango
62. It's Whitney bi-
I'm so sorry
63. Angus again
64. Peanut
65. O'Hare
66. Broccolo
67. Poncho
68. Tank

Gotta recharge the switch and also do my homework, I'll be back

Last edited:
Yuka FINALLY moved out yesterday (I need Chops gone now), so I can finally go hunting for a villager! Miranda is my permanent snooty, so I am looking for a cranky, Rolf or Fang to be specific.
Post automatically merged:

Hopefully I find them in 5 tickets (10 thousand nook miles why me)

Alrighty, time to revive this thread! I just kicked out Fang, and I plan to just island hop without a specific villager in mind, maybe I'll find someone I want!
I've got 258 NMT and 112k Nook Miles all ready to go, let's get this show on the road! I personally would love Chief, or really any other cranky wolf, or maybe Cherry. I'd also love to have Flo again... I guess we'll see!

1. Rodeo! He came to my island as an autofill villager, and I ended up keeping him for a few months. I'd love to have him again, but I must keep going.
2. Vladimir
3. Chops... as a loyal fan of Froggycrossing, I'm currently running away at top speed.
4. Lionel
5. Becky
6. Renee
7. Teddy. He's cute, but I have a strict no-jock rule on my island
8. Chief!!!!! I'm debating on whether or not to take him, on one hand, he is a gay icon and I love him, yet this is only my eighth ticket...

Ok so if I find him again, I'll take him, but I just wanna see who else pops up first

9. Sprocket
10. Biff
11. Mathilda
12. Angus
13. Lucky! I'd take him but a) I already have 3 lazies and b) I have his amiibo so I can get him whenever.
14. Deirdre
15. Olive
16. Patty
17. Lucy
18. Erik
19. Gayle
20. Gonzo
21. Pierce

gonna take a break to watch some Peppa Pig bc WHY NOT

22. Paula
23. Groucho
24: Pudge! He's my b-day twin, he's cute and I want him but I already have 3 laziesssss
25. Joey
26. Quillson
27. Admiral
28. Snake
29. Pudge again! First duplicate of the hunt, I'm sure there'll be many more to come
30. Zell

my switch is gonna die so ima go charge it, watch some more Peppa Pig, and eat jelly beans for the next hour

alright I'm backkkkkk

31. Lionel again
32. Simon
33. Truffles
34. Apollo
35. Jeremiah
36. Teddy again
37. Norma
38. Frita
39. Bella
40. Frett
41. Flurry
42. Katt
43: Bluebear!!!! I want her so bad but I need a cranky (specifically Chief, I have my heart set on him now)
44. Kevin
45. June
46. Elise
47: Zucker!!! Why oh why must I already have 3 lazies...
48: Olaf
49: Chevre
50: Deirdre again

51. Gladys
52. Curlos
53. Vesta
54. Sherbbbbb my sweet baby boiiiiii
55. Drake
56. Sterling!!! He was one of my OG 10, I miss him, but the no-jocks rule still applies
57. Curlos again

58. Axel
59. Curt
60. Sherb again

61. Pango
62. It's Whitney bi-
I'm so sorry
63. Angus again
64. Peanut
65. O'Hare
66. Broccolo
67. Poncho
68. Tank

Gotta recharge the switch and also do my homework, I'll be back
I spent like 5 more tickets before giving up and buying Chief from themysterybidder. Now to kick out Coco and do this bs again

is spooky season an appropriate time for me to bring this thread back from the dead? 👻

i haven’t played new horizons properly in ages, but i recently gave reneigh permission to move out when i booted up the game to get an entry ready for the tbt halloween event, so i got to go island hopping!

i wasn’t really looking for any specific villager, but my priority was a cranky, jock or smug villager since i don’t have any— in fact, i only have one male villager at all (beau), so my island is in drastic need of some diversifying LOL

this session was a little bit on the longer side, but i was anticipating that since i was looking for a villager with a specific personality. it took just over an hour, but it was worth it— i’m happy with my soon-to-be new neighbour!

1. lyman
2. boris
3. rosie
4. pango
5. chief
6. zell
7. dora
8. walt i was tempted to take him, but then i noticed that he’s the same height as my character and it lowkey threw me off LOL
9. mitzi rng is evil for giving me cute cats that i can’t take 😭
10. lucy
11. alice
12. amelia
13. fauna my beloved 🫶
14. hornsby
15. violet
16. hamlet
17. rowan
18. patty
19. tasha
20. friga i wanted her so bad, but i don’t need another snooty right now 😭😭 rng is evil
21. gaston
22. peewee
23. cobb
24. buzz
25. alfonso
26. groucho
27. eunice
28. coach
29. marina
30. tipper
31. octavian
32. puck whyyyyyyyy couldn’t he be smug, jock or cranky 😩
please ignore the fact that i look like chucky LOL, but roald!!!!!!! just a silly little guy!!!!!! i initially wasn’t planning on taking him, but then i remembered that photo of him with an orange on his head, and well! there’s no arguing with that : )

IMG_4205.jpeg
IMG_4206.jpeg
IMG_4207.jpeg

Back