• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Villager Hunting General Thread

Well did my starting 3 plots in my new island of Fandesu and settled on the following:

Beau as my Lazy cause he was the first lazy I cam across and I wanted the other two personalitys to start showing up…he is cute though so not mad about that.

Audie is my Peppy…got her in 3 NMTs after Beau. I do have her card but for some reason I prefer t have her in the starter home rather than her normal home so yeah.

Ione is my normal…love her design…do not have her card but once I get to the point where I can change her house I will…she is so cute.

I must have had good luck today cause all three were found within the amount of 40 NMTs.

Did a little villager hunt while I was lurking around on here! Phoebe moved out of my town, so I set out yet again in the hopes of finding either Shino or Rod.
  1. Marina
  2. Hamphrey
  3. Canberra
  4. Bettina—sweet mouse, she clapped for me when I caught some tricky wasps
  5. Fuchsia
  6. Apple
  7. Sprocket
  8. Marina again
  9. Rosie—honestly might've taken her as a temporary Peppy if I hadn't already had her once in New Leaf.
  10. Hippeux
  11. Sheldon
  12. Egbert
  13. Kyle
  14. Coach
  15. Keaton
  16. Apollo
  17. Harry
  18. Flo
  19. Axel—he was one of my starting two and only moved out a little while ago. Guess he really was after that "deserted island" lifestyle.
  20. Paula
  21. Simon
  22. Drake
  23. Celia—I love Celia so she was extremely tempting, but I held strong because my island is currently missing a Jock and a Peppy. </3
  24. Eugene
  25. Octavian
And the winner is #26, Sparro!! I was out of NMTs, he's a Jock, and he also happens to be my birthday twin! His kind of wide-eyed look has always been a little unnerving to me, but actually interacting with him in game, he comes across just fine. I think it'll be fun to have him on my island for a while—we're gonna be "sworn rivals in swoleness" and "best buddies in buffness", or something.

300 Tickets and still no Sterling. I found other Eagles tho and got excited thinking it was the one i'm looking for... xD

I'm going to keep looking.

I finally let Shino leave. Luckily, I had a visitor at the campsite, but it's Becky. So I decided to island hop.

Encounters:
  1. Erik - should've stopped at this
  2. Mint
  3. Olaf
  4. Zoe
  5. Cobb
  6. Puck (old villager)
  7. Freckles
  8. Spike
  9. Deli
  10. Norma
  11. Zucker
  12. Hopper
  13. Aurora
  14. Sheldon
  15. Annalise
  16. Norma (again)
  17. Velma
  18. Carrie
  19. Skye
  20. Stella
  21. Sprocket
  22. Tom - shold've invited him
  23. Bianca (old villager)
  24. Leopold
  25. Admiral
  26. Axel (old villager)
  27. Leonardo (old villager)
  28. Pietro
  29. Huck
  30. Miranda
  31. Anabelle
  32. Clay
  33. Piper - invited her
I've been looking for either Molly, Lolly or Beau. But I've never encountered them since Day 1. I feel like they might've been stuck at my void.

Island hopping time! Erik asked to move out and I decided to let him leave because a friend of mine wanted to take him. I already have one of every personality so I am just looking for a different lazy villager to replace him.

1. Ankha
2. Curt
3. Candi
4. Spike
5. Becky
6. Broffina
7. Ellie
8. Zucker 1
9. Quinn
10. Bella
11. Hazel
12. Carrie
13. Raymond
14. Cheri
15. Tammy
16. Gruff
17. Ike
18. Norma
19. Shari
20. Doc 2
21. Faith
22. Truffles
23. Blanche
24. Sylvia
25. Becky
26. Rudy
27. Freya
28. Stu 3
29. Harry
30. Vladimir
31. Croque
32. Tiffany
33. Velma
34. Sylvia
35. Erik !! 4
36. Prince 5
37. Monty
38. Grizzly
39. Tutu
40. Peanut
41. Aurora
42. Marlo
43. Annalisa
44. Deena
45. Rizzo
46. Canberra
47. Sylvana
48. Violet
49. Paula
50. Octavian
51. Hamlet
52. Chabwick 6
53. Tex
54. Chabwick 6
55. Frett
56. Sydney
57. Wolfgang
58. Annalisa
59. Patty

New Neighbour 60. Punchy!! I am a little surprised by how hard it was to find someone this hunt. Encountered 6 different lazy villagers before encountering our boy, including running in to Erik who literally just left. I am really happy with this result though! My island has been cat-less for way too long and I am happy to have that situation remedied.

I spent 400 NMTs 3 months ago for Ione and I can't still find her! I can't continue my villager hunting because I can't play.

Currently working on the last plot in the beginning 3…need my normal. I really want Lolly or Ione, but I have seen Kiki 4 times already and I am really tempted to get her the next time I see her if I don’t get who I want first.

So I made the mistake again of island hopping for villagers with no real ‘plan’ in my head of what I was looking for.

So it was a fairly long one for me. Since I love island hopping not unpleasant but I did spend more of the day than I should have at it

Sorry in advance for my somewhat unfiltered commentary below, both because it is rambling, and because certain villagers I just don’t like.

1. Shari - love her, my original uchi
2. Quillson
3. Deirdre - I love her a lot, but she’s the one who just moved out!
4. Annalisa
5. Gladys - she is very very cute. Tempted by her
6. Barold - he is so intriguing. So very weird that I can never quite decide if I love him or not. He’s such a great design. I think I will skip for now, just because it is so early and I want to go to more islands. Eventually I will invite him though
7. Rooney
8. Cherry - actually pretty cute looking, but her over the top look makes me think of high school and hot topic, and it is too much for me. I have softened on her a lot though
9. Broffina - I think she is actually pretty cute
10. Dotty - I have had her before. She is pretty cute
11. Roswell - first time seeing him!
12. Louie
13. Sterling - 👎👎👎
14. Harry
15. Baabara - she is very pretty. Wish I liked the snooty personality more.
16. Cephalobot - adorable. Didn’t expect to like him so much but he was the first camper on my second island. Love him.
17. Buzz - I like him more than most eagles
18. Claude - awwww he’s nice. I feel like I might regret not inviting him
19. Truffles - she actually looks kind of sweet in her snow hat
20. Boots
21. Dobie - still not really a wolf fan but he is okay
22. Allie - not a fan at all
23. Baabara again- still cute
24. Tybalt - he is cuuuuuuute
25. Spike
26. Annabelle - I want to like her more than I do
27. Bruce
28. Bruce again! :(
29. Cesar
30. Ribbot - he is so smol
31. Roscoe - cute/evil but I am not a fan of crankys.
32. Curly - I don’t know why, but I just really like him.
33. Pudge
34. Sasha - he is awfully cute, but I just don’t think he is for me?
35. Maple - she is cute but pretty blah blah
36. Merry - I love her, but had her before on my previous second island.
37. Rory - he is great. I really like him. But I think it want him to be there jock on my second island
38. Pancetti - she is a favorite. But I cannot tolerate 3 snooties (I don’t think) they are so boring.
39. Maddie
40. Beardo - merkin bear
41. Yuka - pretty
42. Judy - once again a snooty I love, when I cannot take on another snooty on my island.
43. Spike - x2
44. Astrid
45. Diana - ugh. She’s gross.
46. Chèvre - on the one hand she is cute. But also her face makes me uncomfortable
47. Octavian- like his grumpy face but not more cranky’s at least until butch is gone.
48. Egbert - he is cute. And I am tempted because I am getting tired.
49. Alfonso
50. Bruce - x3
51. Leopold - almost invited him.
52. Samson
53. Drake - and I ended up inviting him! I don’t really think he can replace my beloved Weber in my heart but I have always like him. And I like how brightly colored he is

The highlights were that I saw Barold, who I should have invited but I could not commit that early on. I was also tempted to invite : Tybalt, Claude, Rory, Judy, and especially Pancetti. Briefly considered inviting Sasha.

But in the end I decided on:
Drake! He’s pretty cute, I really like his house, and I like bright colors and duck villagers. Still feeling him out (this island hopping happened on friday) but I think I’m going to enjoy having him on my island but he won’t be there forever. Small chance he will end up mostly just reminding my of how much I miss Weber, who I am intending to bring back someday. But it’ll be fun to see his angry little face hanging around for however long he stays! 😊

I’ve been telling myself that I should let villagers leave and have the opportunity to island-hop and meet new villagers! Originally I let Merengue leave, and she was replaced by Pinky. Then I let Savannah leave, and she was replaced by Norma. Most recently, Poppy asked to leave.

I didn’t have any expectations about who I was looking for. I am planning on inviting a cranky bear, but it didn’t necessarily have to be in Poppy’s place.
  1. Bruce
  2. Ike - Cranky bear!!! It was so hard to pass up Ike. He is a cranky bear, and he was so sweet and adorable. I’m pretty sure I have his amiibo, so hopefully I can invite him again some time. Apparently I forgot my axe and pole vault, so I needed to buy an axe, to cut wood, to make a pole vault before I could meet him!
  3. Cole
  4. Boyd
  5. Sprinkle - Oh my gosh, she is so cute. Just so adorable. ❤️
  6. Sydney - Another cutie.
  7. Snake
  8. Maelle - Such a cute little duck.
  9. Del
  10. Charlise
  11. Tipper
  12. Hamphrey - I love how grumpy he looks!
  13. Ken
  14. Dizzy is adorable, and I love him, but he was on tarantula island, and I really didn’t want to stay!
  15. Doc
  16. Octavian
  17. Maple - Almost invited her, but I have her amiibo, so I decided to keep looking!
  18. Cherry
  19. Cashmere
  20. Crackle
  21. Chèvre
  22. O’Hare
  23. Winnie - She is actually so cute (the big eyes), but I already have a peppy horse
  24. Dotty 🥺🥺
  25. Diana
  26. Rooney - Actually adorable? Had no idea who he was when I saw him!
  27. Rolf
  28. Bud
  29. Angus
  30. Zoe
  31. Sparro
  32. Kyle
  33. Mathilda
  34. Bud #2
  35. Raymond
  36. Simon
  37. Sherb
  38. Pudge - Love his cute green ears and tail
  39. Diana
  40. Marina
  41. Vesta
  42. Tipper
  43. Joey
  44. Knox
  45. Rodeo - Rodeo was one of my original five villagers, but when I talked to him, he said “Nice to meet you!” 🥲
And ticket #46…

Our newest resident is…
57E1281A-3A58-4A51-A51D-86D712D59901.jpeg

F58F5213-49F7-4D26-B689-10A5FF0B3035.jpeg

Some additional info on why I chose Goldie! The first Animal Crossing game I played was Pocket Camp. If you haven’t played Pocket Camp, the first thing you have to do is choose a ”style”, and you can choose from natural, cute, modern, hip, etc. Choosing your style will determine your initial furniture and your initial villager. I chose the natural style, and as such, Goldie was the first Animal Crossing villager I ever met! 😊

I don’t know how long Goldie will be on my island, but because she is the first villager I ever met (and she’s a sweetheart}, I have a soft spot for her. It is the first time I’ve encountered her in ACNH after playing for two years, so there was no way I could go past her. 😊💖 I’m looking forward to making a garden that will suit her style, and renovating her home tomorrow too. 🌟

6EFF0674-C775-47D9-80B9-5A681EB788F1.jpeg

It’s been awhile since I went island hopping. I was using Amiibo cards instead. So when Tex asked to leave I figured I would try me luck island hopping, I’m not sure who I want yet. I have 35 tickets to use. If I can’t find someone I can still bring in scoot who I was planning on bringing in anyway.

1. Lucha: had him on my second island . Want someone new.
  2. Pinky :
  3. Frank : almost asked him .
  4. Elvis :
  5. Elise:
  6. Snooty :
  7. Paolo : almost asked
  8. Roald: have his Amiibo will be bringing him back at some point
  9. Azalea: have her Amiibo
  10. Ribbot :
  11. Peggy
  12. Leonardo
  13. Bianca
  14. My new neighbor
1671B81F-1788-4D00-855C-7BF83F029821.jpeg

I went island hopping yesterday because I let Piper leave. I'm not particularly looking for someone, but I was hoping to find a female villager. I've looked at my photo collection and I noticed I've had so many male villagers.

Went to my first island and I got Azalea. Invited her immediately.

I went villager hunting for a good cranky villager a bit ago and it went great!
Villagers I was LF: Limberg(Mouse), Rooney(Kangaroo),or Boyd(Gorilla)
1st Island: Roscoe the Horse(good but not who I'm LF)
2nd Island Roscoe again!(?)
3rd: Bob the cat
4th: Plucky the Chicken
5th: Diana the Deer
6th: Nate the Bear
7th: Chops the Pig
8th Ike the Bear(I ALMOST took him, but didn't)
9th: Aude the Wolf
10th: Friga the Penguin(adore her, but not looking for a snooty)
11th: Lobo the Wolf
12th: Wolfgang the Wolf(another good Cranky, but not looking for him)
13th: Rooney the Kangaroo!
I thought that was gonna take allot more NMT's than it did!

286607306_392553506172337_2773366154054620807_n.jpg
285622319_392553646172323_1051381967426601701_n.jpg

I had a recent vacancy on my island and instead of using Amiibo cards I went on an impromptu villager hunt and ten tickets in I bumped into that dessert rhinoceros,Merengue(I like to call her Meren-goo).I felt a need for an odd-toed ungulate on my island so I invited her to stay.

Reactions: CRK
After around a 15 hour villager hunt I found beau.
He wasn't who I was looking for, but after 15 hours, he'll do! Haha

Reactions: CRK
You want to find a villager on the day the plot is empty . If you wait a day the plot can auto fill.
oh sorry I didn't think about that. I currently have one plot open that Nook gives you at the beginning of the game that is for normal villagers only. As long as I don't put the furniture in it, it stays open.

oh sorry I didn't think about that. I currently have one plot open that Nook gives you at the beginning of the game that is for normal villagers only. As long as I don't put the furniture in it, it stays open
Yea as long as you don’t place the furniture it will stay open. When you get past the the first 3 plots they might auto fill the day after you place them.

I was hoping to go villager hunting as Flora is in boxes, and wanted to see who would turn up. However, I went on 3 Nook Mile Tours and no villagers. 🙁 Do I have to wait until the next day before anyone will appear? Thanks.

I was hoping to go villager hunting as Flora is in boxes, and wanted to see who would turn up. However, I went on 3 Nook Mile Tours and no villagers. 🙁 Do I have to wait until the next day before anyone will appear? Thanks.
Yea you have to wait for the next day when she has left your island.

Back