Ancient Lantern
Red Feather
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Rainbow Feather
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
Orange (Fruit)
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
so, i have been reading a lot about corrupted data that occurs while doing different things in the game, mostly transferring data from sd card to sd card, but also some people say that their data was corrupted just from not saving. With that said, i wonder if doing the villager house trick is even safe, i have a new villager moving today and was planning on doing it, but after reading all these stories i am unsure if this is safe anymore. anyone else can report if they had corrupted data by going to the home screen and quitting at the bottom left corner??

I have two 3DS's and I play on the old 3DS on my first town (cartridge) and I play on the 3DS XL on my second & first town (digital & cartridge version respectively).
I always reset my villagers and house plots and I have resetted countless times on both versions. (I press the power button and on the home button afterwards) Nothing bad happened so far.
Don't reset if it's too risky for you.

I can't trust myself to do it anymore either. If I ever lost Phoebe, I would give up completely on Animal Crossing. She's so hard to find for free, so getting her back would be a nightmare..
So screw the reset tricks at this point. If all I'll be bringing into my town are my dreamies, then I'll deal with their horrible placements.

-shrugs- Up to you... but after being able to place villagers I never want to go back to not being able to control that. Resetting has showed me all the bad possible spots a villager can be put in... too scary. xD I rather try and get my fiile corrupted than not try at all.

It COULD be unsafe, I've seen a few people say that. Personally, I've resetted so many times I just can't believe it's true. Though my good fortune on the matter is far from solid proof. I feel something else has to be a factor, like memory cards age, walking into a building or store or Main Street at the time, something.

Walking into a building and quitting while it's loading over and over again is a sure-fire way of getting your data corrupted.

Other than that, don't go to the Home menu and close the game. Press the power button, and then press home. This isn't guaranteed to be safer, but when my friend and I were bored and decided to derp around and try different things, this seemed to be safer in terms of data problems.

thanks to the ones that responded, i wish we knew exactly what causes the data corruption

Back