• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager framed photo's

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Hi!

Do any of you collect villager framed photos? From what I can tell, they are the same exact thing as the posters you can buy after taking their picture in Harv's photo studio. The difference is these are framed, and much more personal because the villagers give them to you at a certain friend level (is that correct?)

Also, what do you do with the photos? I am undecided and currently display them on my basement music room wall. I have Raymond, Snake, Diva, Sherb and Angus.

I would love to see your displayed photos!

2024012904101400-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I love villager photos. You can get them at max friendship level, but I’m pretty sure, even at that point, it’s completely random. I have Mac’s picture in my main room. Mac is my absolute favorite villager. I know some people put the photos of their villagers outside their respective houses (ie. Kyle’s picture outside of Kyle’s house). I think that’s a creative idea.

I no longer play New Horizons, so I unfortunately do not have any screenshots to provide.

Collecting villager photos has always been one of my favourite things to do in-game! I actually had a complete collection of them in New Leaf (pre WA), though I’m not aiming for the same in New Horizons. I just want to earn the photos of every villager that lives on my island, as well as as many NPC photos as I can get! My collection currently sits at 76 photos, which I’m very proud of! ☺️

I enjoy collecting the villager posters as well! They’re pretty much just the larger, non-framed versions of the photos lol, but I think they’re fun to collect together! You’re right that the framed photos are more special because they take more work and a certain level of friendship to earn. I definitely like the framed photos more, though I appreciate that the posters don’t require as much effort to obtain! I always make sure to invite every villager that lives on my island to Harv’s so that I can unlock their poster in my catalog, and scan in every NPC amiibo card that I have/get.

I have most of my framed photos displayed on the walls of the main room in my island rep’s house, and the framed photos of my permanent residents outside their respective houses. My plan is to fill up all 4 walls of my main room with photos. I don’t really have a plan for if I do eventually fill up all 4 walls lol, but I’d probably start displaying them in other rooms or around my island.

IMG_5621.jpeg
IMG_5622.jpeg
IMG_5623.jpeg

No I don’t collect them, but I do appreciate getting them from my villagers! I usually put them in my main room or bedroom, like on a table. (At first I didn’t even know villagers had photos in this game, since I thought posters were the replacement 🥲)

I display them on the wall of a room in my house but when I get a second framed photo from a villager I put it on a table in front of the villager's house. I saw someone post that idea and I loved it! I love to see their framed photo in front of their houses when i walk by, so cute. I just got a third framed picture from one of the villagers and I'm going to try gifting it to another villager and see what happens.

Edit to add: it seems you are not able to gift villagers a framed photo, too bad, I was hoping for a cute reaction from them, lol. With HHP you can add framed photos to their house interiors though.
Post automatically merged:

Xara, that wall is amazing and adorable!!! I haven't seen that wallpaper before, it is so cute with the framed photos!

Last edited:
I also collect villager framed photos although my collection isn't super big. I try to get framed photos from everyone who has lived on my island, I just don't play a ton or change out my villagers that often. I'm pretty sure I have posted my collection at some point before but I did finally get another photo recently from Teddy!
photo wall jan 2024.jpeg

I try to get framed photos from everyone who has lived on my island, I just don't play a ton or change out my villagers that often.

I am the same, but I have five photos? I think your collection is great! I am too dedicated to my villagers, I may never have more than ten photos!

Absolutely adore that Nintendo added the option to be gifted photos by villagers whom you were close friends with back in Wild World (though it was absent in City Folk, boo). So in New Horizons I've never let a villager move without having been given their photo first.

I currently have thirty-seven villager photos out of the thirty-nine villagers I have/had on my island. Still waiting on Rosie and Agnes who are the most recent move-ins on the island. I get attached so easily to my villagers so it's hard to add to the collection when there's no new residents for months, but I'm getting better at letting them go!

Yeah in the beginning, I was trying to collect each villager that lived on my island as I gained the permanent villagers. This is what I accumulated:
GFhl0_oaAAAfaYz
Reneigh gave me an extra photo, lol
For my final 10, I keep them in my treasure room.

GFNCzbGbQAEiDSq

GFNCzbLaIAAbHCT

I just realized two of them are wearing togas. Got a terrifying trio on my island. ☠️

Yeah in the beginning, I was trying to collect each villager that lived on my island as I gained the permanent villagers. This is what I accumulated:
GFhl0_oaAAAfaYz
Reneigh gave me an extra photo, lol

I have gone to so much trouble to get my five framed photos, I am blown away by all of your collections! Wow!

I collect villager photos for any villager that lives on my island. It's a nice way to remember all the villagers who currently are or were on my island at one point in time. I ended up with 30 villager photos in the end, which I put up on my basement wall:
XAwHVRy.jpeg

I love the villager photos . I do collect them or at least try to. I used to be better about trying to get them. There are some villagers on my main island that I still need to get photos of.
On my main island I am missing Olive and Bunnies photos. They moved in recently.
75018649-A5F1-4B59-A89D-95DA536955CA.jpeg

These are from my main island
48DAFF08-EDF0-41A4-A3E6-AADDA58D3FD3.jpeg
322DB22C-2B87-4E93-9617-14C240DF262F.jpeg

I have had a couple of islands since I restart my second every Dec/Jan but I keep all the photos I get from those islands. Some are duplicates since I have had some of the same villagers.

74886ED3-C1F3-4FAF-B263-9DA1AF9D65D7.jpeg

5D7676BD-B978-40BD-BCC1-8C9E25164FC2.jpeg
D7E4E97F-E822-4F9B-B7E2-61E8B5AF6FAF.jpeg
EF41DE6D-4CC1-4C0A-8CB2-B589735F76CA.jpeg

On my newly restarted second island I only have Hamlets photo . I want to get back into collecting them.

I just restarted but I already have 4 photos. On my old island I used to have a room full of them. I prefer customising them to have the gold frame to give them a more "treasure-like" appearence to them since I consider photos more valuable than posters.

I used to. The goal was to get a villager's photo, then move em out and get the next villager in. Ultimate goal was to get all of them.

But then - where to put them? I like my house with other stuff on the walls.

So I put them all on the basement walls. The basement happened to be decorated for halloween with a giant framed jack, and of course the custom bloody handprints on the stone walls, and the stone well in the middle, etc...

I didn't realize how it looked until another person saw it and said - "So, are those all the photos of your victims, who 'moved away'?"

So now I don't really collect photos. I can be a completionist in pikmin instead of ac.

Back