• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Uh oh, villager never moved in?

Alley

Bells
I'm not sure what I did so I'm hoping someone can tell me so I don't do it again on accident.

Someone was nice enough to gift me Pierce, who I went and talked to, and he said he would move in, yay all is good, him an his abs were excited to come to Thornsby.
I then had someone else come into my town and talk to Lolly who was in boxes so they could have her. Still the same day, all is still good.
TT'd two days ahead to get Pierce to move in and Lolly to move out so that'd only bring me up to 9 villagers and, nothing? He never showed up. Did I mess something up by TT?
Pierce didn't move in, but I went and talked to a Stitches from someone else and he came in just fine?
I feel bad for messing something up when someone was nice enough to gift me a villager so if someone could tell me what I did so I don't make the same mistake again.

Lolly was still in boxes when you talked to him, thus you still had 10. You had to move her out first. Or you should've had 10, are you sure you counted right? The only other way that could happen is if it didn't save. Otherwise it's impossible.

Last edited:
Any time you have a villager moving out of your town,it will delay a villager from moving in.But....did you ask Stitches to move in the same day you invited Pierce?

Lolly was still in boxes when you talked to him, thus you still had 10. You had to move her out first.
I only had 9 when Lolly was in boxes. So if Pierce had moved in he would have been number 10.

Any time you have a villager moving out of your town,it will delay a villager from moving in.But....did you ask Stitches to move in the same day you invited Pierce?
No, I asked Pierce, then TT'd 2 days forward so Lolly would be gone, then thought Pierce would be there but he wasn't. Then asked Stitches and he moved in fine.

I only had 9 when Lolly was in boxes. So if Pierce had moved in he would have been number 10.

No, I asked Pierce, then TT'd 2 days forward so Lolly would be gone, then thought Pierce would be there but he wasn't. Then asked Stitches and he moved in fine.

Ya, but did you tt to the day after she moved out to make sure? Or did you just invite stitches that same day?

Ya, but did you tt to the day after she moved out to make sure? Or did you just invite stitches that same day?
I TT'd to 2 days after Lolly moved out (she moved out on the 24th & I set the date to the 26th) and made sure her house was gone before inviting Stitches.

Ohhh...it's possible that inviting Stitches negated Pierce from moving in.Like I said previously,Lolly's moving out delayed Pierce from moving in but he was probably still in transit from the town you got him from.Inviting Stitches probably canceled Pierce's moving in because you can only have one villager at a time move in.The game won't create two villager plots on the same day.

Aw, well that's a bummer. But now I know for next time, I should have made sure Pierce's had a plot roped off before I invited Stitches.
Thanks guys!

Back