Blue Crescent Moon
Pavé Pink Feather
Cool Feather
Green Fair Pinwheel
Purple Feather
Blue Balloon
Blue Feather
White Feather
I've only just started using the site to both look for potentials and potentially sell mine when the price is high, but...

Within less than a week, entry fees went from 99k/1NMT to 10 NMT/10 gold nuggets. Did something else in the economy happen that I'm unaware of or have people just gotten massively greedy all of a sudden? Sharing a cut of the profits is fine and completely understandable for the service, but it's actually hard to find reasonable entry fees now.

I'm curious if anyone else noticed this very sudden spike and possibly know the reason for it. I'm new to browsing the site, so there might be trends I'm unaware of, but I'm thoroughly confused by the massive jump.

I don't trust most of the sellers on there. Most don't know what to price things at (10 nmt for one time entry for 520?!?!). Some are just straight up scammers (701 on SUNDAY? They didn't even try....) And the queues are torture (lesser price 450 turnips fill up like its for 2k a turnip). Overall too much of a hassle to use.

I don't trust most of the sellers on there. Most don't know what to price things at (10 nmt for one time entry for 520?!?!). Some are just straight up scammers (701 on SUNDAY? They didn't even try....) And the queues are torture (lesser price 450 turnips fill up like its for 2k a turnip). Overall too much of a hassle to use.
I agree. I don’t like that site. People are ridiculous

Theres a couple possible explanations:

1.) Limiting the amount of people in queue
2.) Prices are higher right before and after sunday because it seems like that's when people want to sell their turnips the most
3.) Actual greediness afshfsgj
4.) Scamming

Other than that I dont think theres much, if anything the economy should be calming down from the crown duping thing, so this is entirely player-driven.
I'm in the discord of the people who run turnip exchange and theres a report channel and the amount of reports that are in there daily is... concerning. The admins seem to take them seriously and actively ban scanmers which is nice, but theres still no replacing what you lose.

Wow, that's... scary. Straight-up scamming? I think I'm going to opt out of using that site ASAP, then. Thanks for the warning, guys.

I don't trust most of the public listings on there, but on the other hand it's a super useful site for inviting people to your town! It gives out your dodo code to people in the queue when it's their turn and you don't have to worry about PMing everyone separately. It's really convenient, just be careful! I tend to trust people on belltree that use it, but definitely use your best judgement if you're going to use that site ^^

Also: they have an option to filter out listings that require an entry fee, so check those out! i don't have a lot of experience using the site, but i'd imagine those are more trustworthy

Wow, that's... scary. Straight-up scamming? I think I'm going to opt out of using that site ASAP, then. Thanks for the warning, guys.
Yeah, it's incredibly easy to get scammed. If you have to pay first then you can't even know that the turnip prices are really that amount. And if the owner isn't scamming they won't want you going in without paying because in their eyes you are just gonna sell and leave. It's an easy to abuse site that needs trust to function, yet it has piles of mistrust.

I was talking about this the other day yea the tips are getting insanely high I think they do this to reduce the queue time and people actually rather pay a massive tip then waiting for 3 hours to get in on the other hand they can also be greedy but it depends on the person there are really nice people out there. Also people are making like a trap at the entrance and hiring security guards which I find funny and interesting the turnip exchange is getting out of hand

I was talking about this the other day yea the tips are getting insanely high I think they do this to reduce the queue time and people actually rather pay a massive tip then waiting for 3 hours to get in on the other hand they can also be greedy but it depends on the person there are really nice people out there. Also people are making like a trap at the entrance and hiring security guards which I find funny and interesting the turnip exchange is getting out of hand

lol@security guards

edit: i might have to use them bodyguards too eventhough i dont have turnip exhange lol

I don't trust most of the public listings on there, but on the other hand it's a super useful site for inviting people to your town! It gives out your dodo code to people in the queue when it's their turn and you don't have to worry about PMing everyone separately. It's really convenient, just be careful! I tend to trust people on belltree that use it, but definitely use your best judgement if you're going to use that site ^^
BellTree could use a similar feature. It would be much better since you could check their profile for join date and/or reviews. You're less anonymous here so most players would hesitate before attempting a scam.

BellTree could use a similar feature. It would be much better since you could check their profile for join date and/or reviews. You're less anonymous here so most players would hesitate before attempting a scam.
i agree, i used turnip.exchange earlier today to host a DIY recipe visit, and it was very useful! I think it definitely helps that I have an early join date, high wifi feedback, and wasn't asking for an entry fee, but I would trust just about any user on here more than a random user on turnip.exchange lol

I also forgot to mention they kick you from the queue when you haven’t left yet and while there a limit of 4 people another 4 will come and you have to stand still watching 4 people to come in before you can leave the security guards are there to block the entrance until you pay your massive tip I rather sell my turnips on here cos I trust this community more then the turnip exchange

I definitely do like the Bell Tree better for the reputation points system and generally knowing that people aren't out to scam you or bleed you dry.

It's just frustrating, since it seems like everyone is going to the Turnip Exchange now. And it does seem like a handy site, but if it's that easy to abuse... I can't see it as worth the risk.

I have also run into problems with turnip exchange, even with the mods on the site not doing their job and being very unfair to people. I trust TBT, Discord, and my friends a lot more. Not going to use the site again

Back