• Most events follow Eastern Daylight Time. The current Space Time is:
  • Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hidden Hideaways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mairmalade

mar 🐳
Staff
Bells
Island
Wisteria
Galaxy Easter Egg
Frost Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Perfect Apple
Perfect Cherry
Perfect Peach
Perfect Pear
Durian
Lemon
Lychee
hidden_hideaways.png
The forest feels strangely alive as you embark on your search. Armed with curiosity, and shovel in hand, you tip-toe within the forest hoping to discover a trace of its magic. There are creatures humming unfamiliar tunes, the faint sound of a waterfall racing in the distance, and a light drumming echoing throughout the forest grove.

A sudden flash of light fills your vision. It takes a moment for you to blink away the confusion, but as you begin to look around, you notice something at the base of a weeping willow tree deep inside the grove. With a slow, eerie creak, a door beckons you in further.

Your Task ✨

Illustrate your own enchanted door either digitally or traditionally and post your completed piece within this thread by Sunday, September 4 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Entries submitted after this time will not be accepted for any reason.

Rules & Submission Guidelines ✨

• Your entry cannot be edited once submitted
  • Creations must be entirely your own work. Please do not use pre-existing renders, stamps, stickers, artwork, screenshots, etc., or trace existing work and pass it off as entirely your own
  • Please put effort into your submission. If we think your entry lacks effort or has been submitted as a joke it will be disqualified
  • Your piece must be suitable for a PG-13 audience and not violate our Rules and Guidelines
  • Only one entry per individual. No collaborations
  • Animations, videos, and physical 3D elements are not permitted. Entries should be a 2D drawing
  • Your entry should clearly depict a door or an entryway that is door-like
  • Your TBT username must be included on your piece
  • Your entry must be clear and legible
If any of the guidelines are unclear or you're worried your idea doesn't fit within the guidelines, please send me a private message with a brief outline of what you'd like to do before you start and/or submit your entry. I'd be happy to look at it with you. :) You may also ask your question(s) in this thread.

Prizes ✨

• Participation: 10 tickets
  • Staff Favorite: 6 additional tickets and the Animated Enchanted Bloom collectible

FAQ ✨

Q: Can I reference other items?
A:
You may reference other items for inspiration! Using a similar art style or style components is fine; however, please avoid tracing and/or modifying existing pieces and try to pass off someone else's work as your own.

Q: Can I include physical components?
A:
Your entry must be a 2D drawing. Please do not include physical flowers, stones, leaves, physical models, etc.

Q: What even is an enchanted door?
A:
An entry to another land and/or time! Think Paper Mario's The Thousand-Year Door, the Wardrobe from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Door of Time from The Legend of Zelda, etc.

If you're still unsure, I would recommend googling 'Enchanted Door' or 'Magical Door' for examples.

Q: Does it have to be a standard door?
A:
Not necessarily - but it should clearly depict a door or an entryway that is door-like. It could be a wardrobe door, frame, window, etc. For example, drawing a body of water with a whirlpool or a well leading somewhere else would not qualify, but something like a vault, gate, garden arch, or mirror frame would qualify.

Q: Do I need to include a written description?
A:
No, you only need to submit a single drawing of your enchanted/magical door.

Q: Can I use special brushes in digital art programs?
A:
These are fine to use to complement the work (e.g.: creating soft clouds, adding highlights and detail to flora); however, please avoid using brushes that simply create an object (e.g.: flower, fence).

Q: 08/14/22: Can I use pre-existing artwork I've made?
A:
This question came up via PM, so I would also like to confirm here that your illustration should be a new piece of work created for this event rather than artwork you've created previously, whether submitted to another event or not.

Enjoy the journey!

Last edited:
Update: NVM I reread, now I understand. Sorry for wasting time LOL I need to read the rules a bit more carefully. Silly sick brain xwx

A door seemingly from out of nowhere stands in front of you. On it is little mirrors that echo everything behind you. Giant flowers shoot up from the ground and stars gleam all around you... Will you enter?
IMG_0875_50.jpg
I'm not the best artist so I hope this is okay :)

I see many magical realms have already opened since I went to sleep. 😴 Nice pieces, everyone! Everything up to this point has been accepted.

@Mairmalade sooooo question for u. Can we use more than one canvas for this adventure?
If they are used to clearly create one overall piece, follow the rest of the guidelines, and can all be included in a single photograph, that would be fine. You're welcome to send a quick sketch of your idea my way before you start. (y)

posted twice cant remove this sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back