• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Toontown Closing on September 19th

I never played it, but I feel everyone's pain. I'm not sure why Disney would want to close a popular game like that though (since money is obviously not the issue, I guess hackers might be).

aw man i used to play this. !
i never had a membership, but i had tons of fun playing without one
id take it over dumb club penguin any day

Club Penguin has a special place in my heart. I began playing in late 2008 and I still check up on it. My membership is still there{my mom's credit card renews it}, and so are my 1,800,000 coins. Disney still hasn't caught me and my CP moneymaker. Ha.

Toontown was probably hacked often because earning Jellybeans is a pain in the butt.

Club Penguin has a special place in my heart. I began playing in late 2008 and I still check up on it. My membership is still there{my mom's credit card renews it}, and so are my 1,800,000 coins. Disney still hasn't caught me and my CP moneymaker. Ha.

Toontown was probably hacked often because earning Jellybeans is a pain in the butt.

Not really.

Fishing is a very great option for newer players (especially in the mid-levels), and "just for fun" toontastics give ridiculous amounts of jellybeans in the later later levels.

I agree with Kippla. Even with fishing and just for fun tasks it was still really hard just to earn jellybeans. Not to mention they made you want to buy so much in the catalog, so if you earned some beans they would almost always be gone. The only time when it was easy to earn beans is if you walk into somewhere random and a bean fest is being held. Even the codes announced a couple weeks ago filling your bank for every character hinted that earning beans was too hard, and therefore was partially the problem leading to Toontown's demise along with hacking.

The feeling of an online game that you played for years shutting down... it's a feeling I know all too well.

*sniff* I'll never forget you, Dungeon Fighter.

WOW, I just found out about this yesterday. Kinda came as a shock to me, but all good games die I guess...

I played since I was 8 years old (16 in October now) and I only quit in the past two or three years. I met some friends on there about 4-5 years ago, and we started to contact each other outside of ToonTown. They're now some of my best friends, and we were planning on doing a real life meetup soon.

I stopped playing ToonTown because I had gotten a little bored from it, but now that its closing I might as well play it until the end for old times sake. I loved coming home from school and jumping on ToonTown... My friends found out yesterday too, so we all decided to play together again.

I'm kind of upset that it's closing for Club Penguin, and I blame Tumblr a little bit for that reason. If any of you go on Tumblr, those Club Penguin text posts and whatever have become insanely popular, and they've been organizing Club Penguin meetups, and just all that ****. I assume that because of this, Club Penguins account creation has increased leading Disney to think that more accounts on Club Penguin = More popular = Worth closing 3 games that are 100x better than Club Penguin.

I never saw the appeal CP... Its a shame ToonTown is closing for it.

Last edited:
I literally just singed up to reply to you guys.

TT was the first MMO I ever played, and when I heard the news, I was shocked, cause when you think about it, Disney shutting down TT was there own fault! They purposefully made getting jellybeans hard to get, so you would spend more time getting them. And how hard is it to get a hack guard? If they put some actual content into the game, I'm almost certain people will still want to play it today. I'm sorry if I come of mean, its just, this is so insulting, especially since there sweeping it aside for a glorified chat room that you have to pay for, and apps that just copy each other. BTW I'm getting New Leaf this month.

Nice, and welcome to TBT. Anyways, yup. I mean, CP has a billion hack guards so hacking rarely happens. Disney is rich, why not get a hack guard for Toontown too?

If you expect me to spend hours earning Jellybeans only to blow them because of missions, then say goodbye to my presence. Seriously.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Nice, and welcome to TBT. Anyways, yup. I mean, CP has a billion hack guards so hacking rarely happens. Disney is rich, why not get a hack guard for Toontown too?

If you expect me to spend hours earning Jellybeans only to blow them because of missions, then say goodbye to my presence. Seriously.

What's with the whole jellybean rant going on?
First off, if you want to buy gags, they're dirt cheap. One trolley game would be enough to buy your entire pouch, if you're decent at the games. Secondly, if you're planning on buying clothes/furniture, you're gonna have to save up! You can also gain jellybean unites which allow you to give everyone around you up to 600 jellybeans - which then lead to jellybean fests being held, essentially maxxing your bank.

Playing the trolley is no different to slaving away on the island..

What's with the whole jellybean rant going on?
First off, if you want to buy gags, they're dirt cheap. One trolley game would be enough to buy your entire pouch, if you're decent at the games. Secondly, if you're planning on buying clothes/furniture, you're gonna have to save up! You can also gain jellybean unites which allow you to give everyone around you up to 600 jellybeans - which then lead to jellybean fests being held, essentially maxxing your bank.

Playing the trolley is no different to slaving away on the island..

You can only get unites when you're a high level though, and the people that do get them almost always never share.

Um, actually you're incorrect. If you hang around DDL for a while, you're sure to get beans.
There are also weekly beanfests held by clans that give away so many unites your bank will be full.

Um, actually you're incorrect. If you hang around DDL for a while, you're sure to get beans.
There are also weekly beanfests held by clans that give away so many unites your bank will be full.

Um, no. Actually, YOU'RE incorrect. It took me sitting in DDL river 2 hours just to get one bean unite. Not to mention it has lots of lag. And not that many people on the game know about the clans. I don't do the clans bean fest because I'm against them. They make you do other events too, and rarely is there a clan just for beanfests. I strongly dislike being in a toontown clan because of all the rude people in them. The people who quit the forums because of clans even hint towards that. And I played Toontown's beta version, and played it ever since it was released too, so I know what I'm talking about.

EDIT: People like you don't realize what a good game Toontown was before they introduced the chat feature.

Last edited:
Um, no. Actually, YOU'RE incorrect. It took me sitting in DDL river 2 hours just to get one bean unite. Not to mention it has lots of lag. And not that many people on the game know about the clans. I don't do the clans bean fest because I'm against them. They make you do other events too, and rarely is there a clan just for beanfests. I strongly dislike being in a toontown clan because of all the rude people in them. The people who quit the forums because of clans even hint towards that. And I played Toontown's beta version, and played it ever since it was released too, so I know what I'm talking about.

EDIT: People like you don't realize what a good game Toontown was before they introduced the chat feature.

um well ok here i go
if you want to go to a bean fest its really not that hard.
1. find the times of when its on
2. go there at the time. you dont need to be a member of the clan. what can they do if youre not?
3. wow now you have jbs
no talking to anyone involved

if you didnt like the chat feature you could always change it back to the old setting via the website. again, not hard.
but the chat feature imo was very handy. if you didnt like rude people just avoid the places they were in. they were usually populated in places like ttc.
ive been playing since 06/07 so this my view.

if youre age on here is right it means youve been playing since you were about 5? hun, i doubt you knew what beta versions of games mean when you were 5.

Aye. The CCG in particular loves holding beanfests, and a few toons will always toss a couple out there when waiting for boss runs. The Sellbot VP pit in particular is a great spot, and is easily accessible to toons of all laff levels.

I always end up with a couple thousand J's as a result.

Why the f*** is Toontown closing because of MONEY?! I know Disney all they care about these days is money money money. Disney has more than enough money right now so I don't understand.. I mean, Disney makes too much money by forcing little kids to buy memberships for Toontown and Club penguin I mean, really...

EDIT: WELL SINCE IT'S CLOSING NOW I MIGHT AS WELL GIVE OUT MY USER NAME AND PASSWORD.

EDIT AGAIN: I just false reported some random person..... Well it's ending anyways so what difference does it make if they ban me?

Last edited:
Why the f*** is Toontown closing because of MONEY?! I know Disney all they care about these days is money money money. Disney has more than enough money right now so I don't understand.. I mean, Disney makes too much money by forcing little kids to buy memberships for Toontown and Club penguin I mean, really...

i see where youre coming from but it must cost a hella lot of money to keep the tt server up every month.
lack of subscribers was probably the issue here.

i see where youre coming from but it must cost a hella lot of money to keep the tt server up every month.
lack of subscribers was probably the issue here.

I'll start swearing and protesting some more once some one makes a thread about " WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OLD CLUB PENGUIN?!".

Well taking away advantages from the non-members doesn't help in more people subscribing.

um well ok here i go
if you want to go to a bean fest its really not that hard.
1. find the times of when its on
2. go there at the time. you dont need to be a member of the clan. what can they do if youre not?
3. wow now you have jbs
no talking to anyone involved

if you didnt like the chat feature you could always change it back to the old setting via the website. again, not hard.
but the chat feature imo was very handy. if you didnt like rude people just avoid the places they were in. they were usually populated in places like ttc.
ive been playing since 06/07 so this my view.

if youre age on here is right it means youve been playing since you were about 5? hun, i doubt you knew what beta versions of games mean when you were 5.

My parents were teaching me when I was 5. I learned to play it easily since it's intended for kids. That's really offending what you said at the bottom of the post. Alright, that's nice. You're going to use my age against me? Why don't you go ahead and rationalize all the bad experiences I had there too. Or do you even care? I couldn't even go to the beanfests anymore, because they kicked me out. I always had fun playing before chat. And I would switch it back, but then I couldn't communicate like you said. So I chose just to keep it. I made a couple of different friends over the course of a couple years on that game, and before I quit I found out they were lying and deceiving me. I tried to commit suicide a couple times because of it. And while you're at it, you can go ahead and rationalize death. Go ahead.

No one was 'rationalizing' anything! If you're being banned from guilds or clans, you must be at fault.
Also, bringing suicide into this just plain immature. Fame was talking about the features you can use to AVOID the nasty players you've encountered.

Back