• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Toontown Closing on September 19th

Hamusuta

miss juicy baby!
Bells
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Now i know most of you dont play Toontown but I do, and it's been in my childhood since 2004, so it means a lot to me.
And to hear that it is closing BECAUSE of money, well that just makes my thoughts on Disney drop dramatically. Honestly I dont know what to say right now, just thought i'd share it with everyone.

my friend loves this game
eh didnt really care for it
and yeah its not shocking to hear its closing because of money
my favorite game (glitch) closed down to not enough people knowing about it u_u

i feel your pain oh boy

well you should have fun enjoying the last days!

ugh I jumped back on when I heard this... played it with an old best friend when I was like 6 so... ugh. it's really sad, I didn't play for months but now I'm going to miss it.

ugh I jumped back on when I heard this... played it with an old best friend when I was like 6 so... ugh. it's really sad, I didn't play for months but now I'm going to miss it.

On the bright side everyone gets free membership until it closes.

I had really rude friends I made there over the course of a couple years, so I'm going to be biased and cheer in my room that it's closing.
On the other hand though, aside from that stressful part of the game, I had really great memories there, so I'll miss it at the same time.
And now my brain is confused.

EDIT: To be honest, I don't think it was just the lack of people signing up. They had tons of people hacking the game constantly, people quitting because of bad/lost stuff/experiences, and didn't add anything new for a really long time. And I don't really count a street map as something new.

Last edited:
I never played Toontown but a game closing is always sad. I doubt it was money, Disney has millions.

I haven't played in ages, but the news made me really sad. They are closing Pixie Hollow too :(

Oh, I know a girl who really loved that game. She must be upset. I've never taken any interest to it myself, but it's a shame it's closing.

basically to make room for club penguin and disney iphone apps. woopee..
they also closed pirates of the caribbean online and pixie hollow online.

Disney, you stink!

basically to make room for club penguin and disney iphone apps. woopee..
they also closed pirates of the caribbean online and pixie hollow online.

Disney, you stink!

they they closed down pixie hollow? oh my god i loved that game
Its all for there silly club penguin and there apps

yeah, and it really frustrates me.
basically they need to cut 3 moderately-popular mmos to make way for a chatroom and where's my water clones. wonderful!

if toontown was so popular when it was first released, why doesnt disney give it another go. clearly, there's a fanbase for it and it appeals for all ages. if they were to remake the basics, add maybe a new hq or a type of gag and completely remove hackers, it could be wonderful. heck, i'd even pay ?15 a month for something like that.

I saw it coming eventually, but geez.. I thought it had at least another good year or two in it.

I grew up playing TT, so as melodramatic as it sounds, it's kind of like losing an old friend or a close family pet. Guess I better go make a bunch of mementos before it closes.

I am sad because of this horrendous news. Now to find out Disney closed the other MMO's, this is very sad. I hope Disney realeases Toontown 2, if it's even real...

Last edited:
I never played Toontown, but I can relate. This has happened to me with other games.

One notable one was RuneScape. While it still isn't closed, the company that runs it was bought out and the community went to s**t. I played it for over 9 years :S It literally was my childhood. The hard part is that is still IS open, but every visit there just upsets me because of the horrific changes.

It's even more sad, in a way.

I'm sorry to hear about Toontown :(

I always had a problem with toontown because they put too many limitations on non-memebers. I say it's carma for being unfair to people who aren't able to pay (like me). However, it still is sad to see it go away.

I never played Toontown, but I can relate. This has happened to me with other games.

One notable one was RuneScape. While it still isn't closed, the company that runs it was bought out and the community went to s**t. I played it for over 9 years :S It literally was my childhood. The hard part is that is still IS open, but every visit there just upsets me because of the horrific changes.

It's even more sad, in a way.

I'm sorry to hear about Toontown :(

They brought back the old server from 2007, created a new development team that's based on whether the community likes the updates or not. So now you go with the sell out version or the nostalgic one. Jagex ain't that bad.

Back