• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

It's definitely subtle imo, it's really just the background and the word "passport" iirc, but it's still a pretty neat detail!
I love all the small details in ac games. It shows how much work they put into the game. I thank you for sharing I don’t think I would have noticed if you hadn’t.

Some of you already know this, but others probably don't: If you live in North America, Spork is called Crackle in English PAL regions, and vice-versa. It's been like this since City Folk, and it's interesting that "Crackle" was once again kept for this game. The NTSC and PAL cards also show this difference.

The GameCube Animal Crossing has his name as "Spork" in both regions.

Some of you already know this, but others probably don't: If you live in North America, Spork is called Crackle in English PAL regions, and vice-versa. It's been like this since City Folk, and it's interesting that "Crackle" was once again kept for this game. The NTSC and PAL cards also show this difference.

The GameCube Animal Crossing has his name as "Spork" in both regions.
I did not know that :OOO
I have Spork in NL. I have nothing against him, but I’m surprised he hasn’t asked to leave yet.

today I learned: villagers can observe, and comment on the items at nook’s cranny, and if you buy it, they will do the surprised reaction

It seems like the Shamrock Wand DIY is only available by balloon in the week of Mar. 10th-Mar. 17th??? Are there any other DIYs that are limited to a single week that I should be watching out for?!

So, Sylvana's shocked reaction apparently has her pupils shrunken and cross-eyed instead of being centered like most villagers whose pupils normally rest left or right, such as Katt. I've never had her as a villager or encountered her in HHP, but seeing that for the first time kind of surprised me.

I feel so silly! I so rarely use an umbrella in-game, that I didn't realise if you hold the umbrella and press A, it twirls.😅 So cute! ☔☂️ I've only been playing this game for 3.5 years. 🥲

Today (well, a few hours ago, rather) I learned that Timmy and Tommy have awful names in Spanish. 😬 Were they always called Nendo and Tendo or whatever it was?? (i get the pun, but still...) I'm a proficient Spanish speaker, but since I had to restart my New Horizons save file for certain reasons, I figured I'd play it in Spanish this time 'cause the villager dialog sucks Zipper T Bunny eggs, 🐰 so maybe reading it in a different language would help. 😂 It'll take some time getting used to these name changes.....

So, with the handheld camera, I already knew that with the arrows you can go up and down for a better angle.
I did not realise use the right and left arrows on the left joycon to tilt the camera! Found out when I taking pictures of the blossoms trees at night!! o_O

Today, I learned that if you touch a fake ancient statue, it floats for a short time.
There's other fake art that can appear unusual at certain times if placed. For example, the Scary Painting can have the guy either smiling or frowning. These scenarios can be seen in Redd's boat as well if he's trying to sell them, though not all fake art have traits like this.
So, with the handheld camera, I already knew that with the arrows you can go up and down for a better angle.
I did not realise use the right and left arrows on the left joycon to tilt the camera! Found out when I taking pictures of the blossoms trees at night!! o_O
Well, guess that gave me inspiration to go film an Animal Crossing remake of Battlefield Earth...
I already knew you could tilt the camera in handheld mode, but I really wanted to make a terrible movie joke lol

There's other fake art that can appear unusual at certain times if placed. For example, the Scary Painting can have the guy either smiling or frowning. These scenarios can be seen in Redd's boat as well if he's trying to sell them, though not all fake art have traits like this.

Well, guess that gave me inspiration to go film an Animal Crossing remake of Battlefield Earth...
I already knew you could tilt the camera in handheld mode, but I really wanted to make a terrible movie joke lol
You so lucky I can't bonk people anymore XD

Today, I learned that if you touch a fake ancient statue, it floats for a short time.
As an update to this post:
With the fake ancient statues glowing “face” and floating ability, I made a bunch of Flying Saucers and have them scattered around my island with a LOT of the fake statues to look like an alien invasion. (I’ve been stalking Nookazon to load up on the fake statues!)

My villagers seem to love this, as I’ve seen a number of them touching the statues to make them float, and taking their phones out to take a picture!

Back