• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Today I Learned: New Horizons Edition

TIL if you ask for coffee and drink it at a lower temperature in The Roost enough times, Brewster will give you the option to either serve you cooler coffee so you don’t have to wait or or the usual hot kind. Sorry my wording is funny.

wait, you can do that? new news to me :D

TIL that no matter how many villagers moved out after you said no to one, that villager won’t be able to ask to move out unless you say no to someone else…I…years trying to get this villager out thinking I had the worst RNG 😭

TIL if you ask for coffee and drink it at a lower temperature in The Roost enough times, Brewster will give you the option to either serve you cooler coffee so you don’t have to wait or or the usual hot kind. Sorry my wording is funny.
That's interesting. I thought that he would just scoff and point out how coffee is better to be consumed at a high temperature like in a few previous games. I also kind of wish this Roost had the part-time job feature like in New Leaf. I'd totally do it if I were ever bored but wanted to continue playing.

KK Slider DJs at the Happy Homes Island on Sunday evenings. Why didn't anyone tell me!?
kksliderdj.jpg

I just found out that you can get TWO mysterious wallpapers and TWO mysterious floorings from Saharah when she visits your island. The trick is that one has to be purchased with bells while the other has to be purchased with tickets. This should make completing my catalogue for wallpaper and flooring a bit easier.

apparently you can get 1000 nook Miles from the decorating your neighbors houses. Unfortunately I haven’t unlocked this yet but…

@/VanitasFan26 made a topic about it ^^

today (or more like recently) i learned that those party poppers they sell in nook's cranny can be used to scare away wasps; you can just pop them when the wasps are after you and it'll scare them away
Whaaa? Really? Now I'm curious; I wonder if doing it in front of Wisp will scare him like when doing the "haunt" reaction...

today (or more like recently) i learned that those party poppers they sell in nook's cranny can be used to scare away wasps; you can just pop them when the wasps are after you and it'll scare them away

WHAT? OH MY GOD THAT'S SO COOL. I love that.

Today I learned - you can trade the dream bell ticket for 5,000 bells. 🙄

If I'm in a hurry, I don't always pay attention. Tbh, I don't pay a lot of attention to things even when not in a hurry. So I had the ticket in my pocket, couldn't remember where I got it, couldn't figure out what it was for...finally googled it. Apparently I got it when uploading a dream address, and it's tradeable for 5000 bells. Might have to try to fix the island up and do a new dream upload, lol.

TIL... Villagers use this little spray bottle to water their house plants!!! I need this to be an item!!
Plant misters. I always wanted one, but a spray bottle works just as fine.

Today I learned - you can trade the dream bell ticket for 5,000 bells. 🙄

If I'm in a hurry, I don't always pay attention. Tbh, I don't pay a lot of attention to things even when not in a hurry. So I had the ticket in my pocket, couldn't remember where I got it, couldn't figure out what it was for...finally googled it. Apparently I got it when uploading a dream address, and it's tradeable for 5000 bells. Might have to try to fix the island up and do a new dream upload, lol.
I honestly never even heard of the dream tickets. Then again I never uploaded my island to the DA so that probably explains why lol.

I learned this a week ago, but I found out that if you post your vacation home to Happy Home Network with your custom designs still in your custom designs app that you used for the vacation home you're posting to Happy Home Network on, the custom designs will be recorded inside that vacation home you posted, and the best part is that the custom designs will stay in the Happy Home Network even after you deleted/replaced the custom designs until you've re-uploaded it all over again.

I have not used Happy Home Paradise in a long time due to being unaware of this info, but now I know it by my own curiosity with one of my old HHN Vacation home with precise research of my own I can take advantage of this and start making vacation homes.

Plant misters. I always wanted one, but a spray bottle works just as fine.

I honestly never even heard of the dream tickets. Then again I never uploaded my island to the DA so that probably explains why lol.

Apparently, you can get one every time you upload a new DA. I think once a day? I haven't tried it though,so that could be wrong. I'd rather catch fish or sell fossils for bells.

The other day I learned that when you're on the crafting / making screen on your DIY bench / cookstove, and you select an item- that you can use the right joystick to rotate certain items!

I just recently learned that there are different colour passports, and your colour depends on your star sign. :oops: I only realized this recently when I was on my second file and looked at my character's passport only to notice it was purple (due to choosing a different birthday). I'm surprised I didn't know about this sooner but I guess I really never had the chance to look at another passport. 😅

I just recently learned that there are different colour passports, and your colour depends on your star sign. :oops: I only realized this recently when I was on my second file and looked at my character's passport only to notice it was purple (due to choosing a different birthday). I'm surprised I didn't know about this sooner but I guess I really never had the chance to look at another passport. 😅
I have had many different characters with different birthdays and didn’t know this either lol. Now when I go back on I will have to see what color each of my characters have.

I have had many different characters with different birthdays and didn’t know this either lol. Now when I go back on I will have to see what color each of my characters have.
It's definitely subtle imo, it's really just the background and the word "passport" iirc, but it's still a pretty neat detail!

Back