• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

To what extent are you playing vanilla?

I will be using a face guide. I'll also reset for layout if I happen to get 4 choices that I absolutely hate, but I'm not too picky about that. I also don't want circle grass! I want triangles, but I'll settle for squares. I want a couple of villagers pretty badly but I probably won't reset for them. I WILL reset if I get Angus. That guy can go fornicate himself with an iron stick.

EDIT:
Actually, can someone provide a list of, like, ALL the things that are decided when you create a new town? I only just found out about the grass shape, for example, and had no idea until reading some posts here that the town hall interior changed.

I'll be playing both vanilla and chocolate. By that, I mean:

- Not caring much on what kind of layout I'd get ; I'll simply pick the most convenient out of the 4 they would offer
- I won't care which fruit, villagers, town hall type, train station type and grass shape I'll first see ; what's so wrong about getting something you'd dislike?
- I'll definitely time travel occasionally, mostly to change the pace a bit when I get too bored, to obtain items I wouldn't get otherwise, or to play a certain holiday I would normally miss

It doesn't matter for me if I don't play with the way it was meant to be played. I'll play according to what the game ACTUALLY let me do, as well of my current mood. That doesn't mean I'm going to harm other players, since I'm free to do whatever I want in my town.

I know I'm not going to time travel for New Leaf and I might reset once or twice if I don't find any of the maps appealing, but in the previous games, I just went with whatever town I got.

I plan on doing some very mild time travel at the beginning by setting my clock to noon on the 8th after downloading at midnight, playing up until I've done all the tutorial-ey stuff, and then setting the clock to the correct time, purely to speed up the acquisition of my proper house.

I'll be playing the game with a Face and hair guide, but that's it. I do not plan on time traveling or resetting.

I've never time traveled in an Animal Crossing game, and I don't plan on time traveling in this game! So I guess that's another thing that I'm going Vanilla on. :3

I might reset if I get crappy villagers, four layouts I don't like, or not peaches (although I may have to reset too many times to satisfy all of these so I'll just get lazy and settle). Peaches were my fruit in the gamecube AC, so I really want them. Villagers move in and out, so it's not /that/ important. Layout is really important, though.

Will also be using a face guide. Wouldn't want to accidentally choose the stoner face or something.

I will not time travel at all in New Leaf. Not even a few hours!
I haven't decided whether or not to use a face guide yet, but I don't see why it would be gamebreaking.
I will most likely pick from my four town options, unless the layouts are simply terrible.
For grass patterns/neighbors/town hall/train station/etc. I won't be too picky, but if I get some combinations of those which I don't like I will reset.

Apart from those few things, I will be playing 100% vanilla ;)

I guess you could sort of say I'm using the face guide, if by "using the face guide," one could mean looking to see what the way I would normally answer the questions with will get me and deciding I like it. I don't plan on re-setting for any reason. I'll just pick the best of the town layouts presented to me and hope really hard that I don't get apples as my town fruit (I ALWAYS get apples!). Not that it matters much, since I can just re-plant with trees I prefer later on.

I did consider re-setting briefly when I was thinking about neighbors. I would really, really like to get one of the new deer right away, but I don't want to bother with resetting, so if that doesn't happen I'll just have to live with it.

I'll be resetting for a town layout that I like and I will use the face guide for the face, but other than those things I wont reset. I also wont be time traveling and playing the game "vanilla" I guess:) .

I've basically already used a face guide. I don't really want to reset at all, but I can see myself doing it if I really dislike all four town map options. Generally, I'm not too picky about layout, but that darn tree, man. I want it near the middle! I'll settle for it not being on the very edge of the map as long as everything else looks nice.

I didn't even realize there were different grass shapes before this. I'm not bothered by that or by villagers. I just make the ones I don't like move out. :rolleyes: (That's not even really true. I force myself to find something good about them, and then I don't get too sad if they happen to move out.) I don't typically reset because of fruit, but there's one particular fruit I really don't want... I'm not going to say it in case I jinx myself. :p

Definitely not a big time traveller, but I do time travel a few hours for New Years. I want to see the countdown in AC, but I have real life at the same time! It's easier on all day holidays like Christmas or Halloween, because I can take an hour or so to play AC too.

I'll be using a face guide, for sure -- already know what I want. I'll be reseting until I get a town layout I like. I mostly care about the Retail being close to the docks and having a river that doesn't go across the map, I'd rather it start on a side and empty to the south. I don't care about the fruit or grass or villagers. If I get a villager I don't know (Ugh Yuka), I'll make it my mission to make them miserable so they move out. (evil laugh here)

I will time travel a bit. I'm planning to change the date to June 1 and then work back up to the current date. I'm off on Sunday and Monday so I want to get my town to a fun playable spot. Although, I may check if there are any bugs/fish in May that won't be available for a long time -- maybe I'll go back to the 30st or 31st and work on getting those and then work my way back up.

I will be using a face guide and I will probably reset if I don't get a town layout I like. I want either apples or peaches as my fruit too.. I won't reset for villagers though.. even if they are all hideous.

I want to start in a town I like a lot so that I won't be tempted to reset later on in game. I want to stick with the first town I decide on and not reset every year ha.

I never reset my game unless I have been gone for over a year from the town.
As for guides, yes I will be using them but mostly for active bugs and fish.

Back