• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Time Travel :: Will You Do It?

Will you time travel?

• Yes

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 65 58.6%

• Total voters
Lol not sure how to even time travel, but for me it's no because I think the game is more special if you don't time travel.

Yes! Atleast on day 1 since it's just tutorial and I wanna keep playing, and then after that probably moreso just to move out villagers and such

To be honest, no. I did this back in the days, but it only takes the fun out of the game, so I will play it likeit was intended to play ^^

I'll avoid time traveling.
When Blathers was moving to his tent and I didn't have my house (storage) yet, I placed my new-found creatures on the beach, behind where my tent is.
Now that he's away again to build the museum I'm putting all new bug/fish in storage.

they fixed pretty much every problem that time travel could solve. i dont need to upgrade shops or things that badly. i time traveled on New Leaf, and sitting on my Tree shows that. shop upgrades happening a day before the opening of the shop... not this time. i didnt even reset my island :p i have no idea who Renee or Sterling are, but theyre my villagers now. i AM happy that i got Cherries as my fruit though :p i wanted them or Pears, and i lucked out.

I don't want to get into the habit of doing it all the time but I did to get past the limitations of the first day then set it back.

I time traveled A LOT in New Leaf and I honestly expect myself to do the same in New Horizons. I'll probably try to limit myself though since I don't wanna screw anything up by accident <:)

Last edited:
It is looking like I will not be getting my game today because of what is happening currently. When I do, I plan the desync the Switch and change the date to today and play a little bit and advance the clock until I reach the current day.

Why couldn't it have released last Friday?

No, I didn't time travel in New Leaf and I still won't. I like to enjoy the game day by day over an extended period of time. I don't want to do everything and then get bored.

No, I won't. I feel more "connected" to my islanders and island when I don't, at least that was the case in New Leaf.

I don't plan on time traveling with New Horizons EXCEPT for for that pesky daylight savings deal we have here in the US. If you want to keep your game time aligned with real life time you have to TT. Unless this game makes the DST change automatically for us which would be wonderful.

That depends, can you stop villagers from moving with tt? I am not a fan of villagers ninja moving away when I am too busy to play.

Last edited:
...unclear (lol). I originally was not going to TT (since I didn't do it in New Leaf and liked that) but I'm just super excited about the game (stores in particular) and idk if I can wait heehee

I time travelled already to get Blathers, and considering how I always TT in previous games, this will be no exception.

No, I just take the time the game needs, otherwise I'm done with it within a few months already :)

Yup, already have; I have my college classes online now so I have the whole day off lol. I am trying to get through this "introduction" stage quickly and get everything built so I can get all the features sooner.

I wasn't even sure time travel would be possible in NH before it came out tbh. I'm going to try not to tt ahead to get things done quicker, but if I end up not playing for a while I'll tt to when I last played so my town doesn't get ruined, if that's possible.

I tend to want to play nonstop all day and well, once you run out of things to do you run out. Especially in NH when there are no more trees to chop for wood, or stones to hit for iron, well. TT it is!

Back