• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Questions about time travel.

Skeeve

Suave Gentleman
Bells
Quirky Doll
Tin Robot
Heyo! I really want a Halloween emote the haunted one lol. My question is if I time travel to the Halloween event what are the consequences? Lol like will my villagers leave? I know weeds will grow that's fine. But I won't wanna lose my bbs! Lol

Villagers don’t move out without your permission in New Horizons, so you don’t have to worry about anyone leaving! The only “consequences” you’ll have to deal with are weeds and flowers growing, your character having “bed head” when you boot the game up, your streak of bonus Nook Miles from the Nook Stop Terminal reverting back to day 1, cockroaches in your house (unless you have the Beautiful Island ordinance in effect), and your villagers commenting on how long it’s been since they’ve last spoken to you and how they’ve missed you. All of these are temporary and fixable, though!

Villagers don’t move out without your permission in New Horizons, so you don’t have to worry about anyone leaving! The only “consequences” you’ll have to deal with are weeds and flowers growing, your character having “bed head” when you boot the game up, your streak of bonus Nook Miles from the Nook Stop Terminal reverting back to day 1, cockroaches in your house (unless you have the Beautiful Island ordinance in effect), and your villagers commenting on how long it’s been since they’ve last spoken to you and how they’ve missed you. All of these are temporary and fixable, though!
Okay awesome! Thank you so much for all the info! What about if I then TT back to my current time? No real negatives?

Okay awesome! Thank you so much for all the info! What about if I then TT back to my current time? No real negatives?
The game doesn't mess itself up. You may encounter a day you've previously "played" on, but even then it only acts like you already played for the day (Isabelle doesn't make her announcements, etc.).

If you're concerned about the date of when you earn Nook Miles goals, then it won't be accurate. Otherwise, once you complete a goal, you can't earn it again, even if you time travel backwards. Autosave prevents that from happening.

Back