Blue Star Fragment
Pastel Disco Ball Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Purple Candy
Blue Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
Blue Mote of Flame
I'm stuck. I have a new town (due to game card slot issues) and don't know if I should TT. Yes I know it's "my game", but I'm stuck. [POLL COMING SOON]

I sometime TT if I am super bored XD. I try not to because I get annoyed if it isn't on the right game. I say play safe, and hopefully nobody will move while up TT.

I only time travel when it is necessary for things like trades (if I need to force a villager out of boxes to clear up a space, or go to the day they will be in boxes, etc.). But that's just me personally. I find enjoyment from earning things over time slowly. But I am still on my first playthrough. I would probably feel differently if I had already played the game a couple times or something

I rarely time-travel. Only for trades (to get more mail if ordering items) or sometimes if I really need to know if a tree or bush is going to grow where I put it. If you time travel a lot it takes the enjoyment out of the game and makes your accomplishments not seem as momentous, since you can get things very easily and quickly.

I selected the wait and then tt option because I felt it was the most fitting? I feel like tt'ing is a good thing in moderation, I think just tt'ing a bunch kind of takes away the fun of the game for me. I do tt at least a little each day, it get to my preferred playing time each day or for when I was beetle farming. Besides that I only tt to get people out if I get an offer for one of my dreamies, and even that is just a few days, nothing extreme, and I always go back to my current date. So I mean it's just your preference, if you want to tt so you can get back to where you were feel free, but personally for me it ruins the challenge of the game.

Time Travel is cheating the game. There is no argument against this. If you are okay with cheating, then go for it.

I do TT, but only to move out villagers. It still is cheating, of course.

Time travel is not cheating. Nintendo choose to put it in the game, so it's allowed. Sometimes villagers say rumors about you, they said to me that I was a timetraveler. So it's not cheating, it's playing the game in a different way. I do time travel. The beginning is boring to me, so I tt to make it faster, to get villagers out, to unlock stores.

I only TT when I'm behind on days or forgot to buy something at a shop. I say only TT if it's truly necessary. It can be fun and quick to do thing when TT, but eventually it becomes a pain.

I only tt if I've missed an important event that I want to take part in, like a tourney, Festivale, Weeding Day, Toy Day, etc. Things like that.

I think it really just depends on your playstyle. When I first got the game I was TTing a lot because it was summer time and I had a lot of free time so eventually I'd run out of things to do for the day and move on to the next day.

Right now I'm back in school so I hardly got enough time to play the game as it is. So when I do play I do it without any time travel. This playstyle is really fun for me right now due to my limited time, but if I had as much free time as I had when I first got the game it simply wouldn't cut it.

As someone who likes to not time travel, I will admit I time travel, although its VERY sparringly. I time travel to unlock the FIRST Nookling shop upgrade and the flower shop, as well as get my developer's permit, then I stop time traveling completely. I do however time travel if I accidentally miss Joan by an hour or two though.

In the end, it is your game and it is inevitability your decision.

Last edited:
I think it kind of ruins the game, I only time traveled once, so i could get a dreamie. Other than that, i hate it

Nah, I used to but that was for hybrids etc. I'm on the exact time as it is in real life and plan to keep it that way, although I don't understand why people rant about how they disagree with time travelling. Just let it go.

I prefer not to TT, but I have done it once for one of my towns. I had abandoned one for over a year and a half, and wanted to be sure I wasn't going to lose anyone because of it. I TT'd back to the last day I had played, checked in with everyone, then made the jump forward to the correct date. Now that I'm back on track, I don't plan to change the time/date again.

Of course, that's my preference, and anyone who does choose to TT is perfectly welcome to do so. I like having things unfold in real-time, but I also see the appeal of getting Main Street opened up, villagers moved in/out, etc. As long as it doesn't impact anyone else's game in a negative fashion, you should be able to play the way you want.

I TT to stay in Cherry Blossom Week and also to speed up how fast my hybrids breed because I'm covering my whole town in them and need a ton.

Back