• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

"Three-part towns" - Do you miss them?

I had Goose living on a small island before...his small island full of clothing...

Yeah, I remember that! It was a really creative idea and I actually don’t see a reason why it had to be kicked out in Animal Crossing New Leaf. It’d actually work really well with Town themes. For example, you might have a shop themed town, so in one section, you’d have the clothes displayed, in the other section, you’d have the accessories, and in the last section, you’d have the furniture. My brother played for a very limited amount of time (he wasn’t interested in the game in the first place) and he had a royal themed town, so there’d be the female villagers in one section, the male villagers in the other section, and he’d have his favourite villager to be the king or queen who would live in one island, and he’d have very fancy flowers around his house in that very section. I got inspired by his town so I decided to try and create a similar town to his. Instead I made it a medieval town, and I put cats in one section, dogs in the other, and mine in the last one. It was actually meant to be a cats verses dogs war town, but when I looked at all the other cool towns that everybody else had made, I realised that they had a more harmonic and cute theme, unlike my jumbled up and confusing theme of cats vs dogs. I decided to say that it was just a cats and dogs neighbourhood.

My CF town was like that! The third section wasn't big but it was at the bottom of the map creating a nice island where I had a garden. It would be really cool if this was in New Leaf... especially since you could place your house, PWPs, or other buildings in third sections.

Ooo! I never played any of the AC games before ACNL, so that is really neat, it'd be awesome to find one with a tiny land mass so I could have my own secluded plot of land. If only draw bridges were a thing. =O

I miss the styles you could get in City Folk, you could have the two layers and the three masses of land and it was perfect.

I loved those split level towns! I wish NL had included them.

well I do miss that from wild world, but in new leaf I just ended up just "sectioning" off parts of the town based on what I wanted: housing , a park , miscellanous , etc.

Ah, I forgot about that. However, yes, I do miss them now seeing them again. XD

I had a town like that in ww! Yeah I do wish they'd come back. I loved having my character on her own little island.

I'd like a three-part town in ACNL! I could make the little island all mine. I'll have a castle in the middle and the land surrounding the castle would be sorta like a garden or flowers everywhere. ^~^

Never actually knew these existed, but they look amazing, providing so many design opportunities especially with the assets we have decoration-wise in New Leaf, would be fantastic to get these back in the future!

I hated those maps. It split the beach making it tiny. Give me wide open spaces and a long beach.
So glad NL doesn't have split maps.

Never played Wild World, but it reminds me a lot of the original Animal Crossing where the town was split into two parts....

On my ww town I have a large island part in the middle, and I love it! Whilst I've seen similar maps in nl in some towns, it's a shame they didn't continue it :(

However, unpopular opinion alert: I actually prefer the towns without having a cliff in between, like in cf tbh. Towns just look nicer without if I'm being honest and I like having the cliffs for the beaches instead.

I'd love to have an island like that, to be honest. I'd make it into like a theme park or something with PWPs and put the cafe there so my villagers can eat/drink while they have fun. :p

Back