• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on Sanrio villagers?

Yeah haha, I'm honestly kind of shocked they went with a gorilla as a design to represent Hello Kitty. I thought that was an unusual choice.

Same. I didn't necessarily expect a character to look just like Hello Kitty, but I still think they should've made a cat.

Also kinda surprised they didn't add any new Sanrio characters for NH. Like it might've been interesting to see one that represented Aggretsuko.

I think all of the Sanrio villagers are cute, and the furniture is cute too. 😊 I haven't gone out of my way to invite any of them to my island because I wouldn't consider them favourites, but I'd say my favourite is Chai. 💖☕

Same. I didn't necessarily expect a character to look just like Hello Kitty, but I still think they should've made a cat.

Also kinda surprised they didn't add any new Sanrio characters for NH. Like it might've been interesting to see one that represented Aggretsuko.
Wait. Aggretsuko is a Sanrio character? She looks so different than the others.

love the furniture, not huge on the villagers (though i do find most of them somewhat cute)

but ever since i saw the hello kitty / my melody mods (by doom_mori) though i'm just bitter on what we could've had :(

1664902479332.png

I like most of them and the items. My favorite is Marty. He is the only one that will have a permanent place on one of my islands.

I'm not a big fan of them. They're very cutesy looking and that doesn't fit my aesthetic taste.

I would definitely recommend picking up a pack. There are some good villagers in there. But the furniture items are some of the best in the game, and it would be worth getting for the furniture alone.

I had Marty in my village for quite awhile, and really liked him. He fits the lazy personality well, since he's got a food-based furniture set for his house. He reminds me a bit of the Pillsbury Dough Boy and a bit of a stuffed animal. He's just so cute and plump I want to poke his little cheeks. I love his brown features against his yellow body. And his hair and little hat are super cute.

Toby I thought I would like more but once I had him in my town I thought he was a bit odd. He was based on a frog character, but for some reason instead of making him a frog they made him a frog-like rabbit. His green hair looks like a lily, and his eye peeking out of it reminds me of a frog peeking from a pond. He does go well with the smug personality, but maybe feels like he's on the more arrogant end of smug.

Rilla I thought I would hate, but once I saw her in game I find her absolutely hilarious. She tries so hard to be a pretty, popular peppy and just fails because she's naturally so ugly. She has all this pretty soft white fur, but when she turns around her shirt doesn't hide her big baboon butt. She has such nice hair and eyes but on such a big, dull face. Poor Rilla is trying so hard, though.

Etoile the sheep just has such a pretty, varied pastel color palette. Her purple fur and pink face go so well together, and the multicolored bits in her fur are lovely. Not great if you like natural villagers, but if you like pretty or ornate ones then she's fantastic.

Chai is another pretty pastel villager. Personally I prefer Tia to her. Chai has a teapot on her head, but Tia is actually a teapot. Chai's basically a less extreme tea type villager.

Chelsea I don't particularly care for, but she's quite popular. She has fresh, spring like colors but I'm just not a fan of the rabbit head gear. The head gear makes her look like a rabbit, goat, and deer all rolled into one.

They don’t fit the aesthetic for my main island, but I have a few of them for my second island. My main island has a natural theme, so no green bears or robots here! My second island is enchanted forest themed, so I have more of my fantasy-type villagers there. As far as Sanrio goes, I have Etoile, Chai, and Marty on that island. I’m not as hooked on them as many were when they first became available for ACNH, but I certainly don’t mind having them.

I picked Etoile, because my island is named L’eclatant and she was perfect for that. I also just love that she’s lilac purple. Chai I picked because, let’s face it, I need to discuss with her how she doesn’t spill the tea! Marty, it’s as simple as the butt rug. Not to mention, he just has a cute design.

I like most of them, but never had the opportunity to host them on my island and probably never will.

They're not really my sort of thing. I like some of the furniture items and clothing they add to the series though.

Chai, Étoile, and Rilla (yes, I happen to like Gorillas and she's not bad imo) are all right as far as I'm concerned, but yeah, none of the Sanrio villagers are among my top favorites or anything. If I were ever to have one as a resident in a future game, it would probably be Chai since I tend to like villagers with unique aspects to their design and I appreciate the teacup and saucer on her head.

Marty's okay but bland; the only thing that makes me give him a glance is the hat. Don't care about Toby.

Chelsea, meanwhile, is among my least favorite villagers in the series. Just really don't like her design at all.

I’m not particularly fond of any of them if I’m being honest. I wouldn’t have any as residents and I wouldn’t have to think twice about it. I’m not a fan of their items either. I’ve never had any of them, though, so what would I know?

They’re all adorable— except Rilla. They should have made her a monkey instead of a gorilla; that would have been cuter. (But I guess they’d have to pick a different name then lol.)

I think they are cute I love the furniture that you get with each islander...

But Étoile is my favourite... She is so so pretty and I need to get her on my island

I LOVE Etoile and Chai is cute. The rest are less endearing to me. Rilla is just baffling.

i think that the new sets of furniture are actually very sweet! i loved the sanrio items in acnl and collected as much as i could. the charm of the clothing mixed with the sets and the villagers, i would honestly love to have some of them in my village.

Not crazy about them. Etoile and Marty are the only ones I invited to live on my island. Etoile was boring and I let her leave after I got her photo. Marty I eventually let leave cause I had too many lazies but I do like him and may bring him back. I have never liked gorilla villagers,chai looks way too weird with a cup on her head and Chelsea looks weird with bunny ears too plus not a big fan of deer villagers anyway. I do want to invite Toby to at least live on hhp at some point.

Marty and Chai are very cute, Étoile is quite good. Toby is meh, Rilla and Chelsea are really bad. But at least all of them are kinda memorable.

I would be down for having Marty in a town but the others don’t fit my style. I’m always happy when I see Marty especially. It’s kinda cool to see all of them but they aren’t really that good. Bring back Inkwell! lol

Etoile and Chai are great!! Especially love the furniture they have. Rilla has great furniture as well but as for the villager, well... I'd rather her be a cat.

i like some of them more than others - i like toby's furniture but not his eyes-

my favourite sanrio villagers would probably be chai and etoile (they're mad cute. the pastels too!!) though i wouldn't buy an amiibo reader or cards to get them onto my island. i like the sanrio sets in general but both the furniture and the villagers don't pass the vibe check for my island

Back