• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Thoughts on Sanrio villagers?

Groovycat64

I like pie
Bells
Switch
7825-4240-5809
Cake
Cake
Cake
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Orange (Fruit)
October Birthstone (Opal)
Cake
Yellow Candy
Was just wondering what y'all thought about the 6 *new* Sanrio Villagers; Chai, Chelsea, Étoile, Marty, Rilla and Toby.

Do you like them, do you dislike them? Any of them a new favourite villager of yours?

Thinking about getting the amiibo card Sanrio pack, but I just wanted to hear your opinions of them first. Marty and Chai definitely look the most interesting to me and potentially both someone I would really want. Also, apologies if there's a thread like this some where else, I just couldn't find one. 😅

Last edited:
I'm not particularly fond of them. Most are meh imo but if I had to pick a fave I'd pick Toby or Marty. However I do like most of the items the cards unlocked so personally I'd say they were worth it.

i’m usually not really into sanrio stuff, but i really like the sanrio villagers and think they + their furniture are super cute! all 6 of them have lived on my island and i enjoyed having them a lot, especially since i wasn’t able to in new leaf! marty is my personal favourite and is the only one who came close to living on my island permanently (he’s so cute, but i wound up replacing him with a villager i like more >_<), but i don’t dislike any of them! rilla is also the only gorilla villager i like, and i always found it funny when chai gave me tea-related dialogue. xD

i do think theyre cute, just the fact that theyre overrated makes them a big ehh for me, personally i really like toby and etoile the rest im indifferent to, besides rilla but thats probably just because im not the most fond of the gorillas in general. otherwise the furniture is great

Marty and Toby are my 2 favorites! Not just of the Sanrio villagers but of all the villagers. They were scanned in at the very beginning but I didn't click with them for whatever reason and kicked them out. Then I realized I really missed them and they have been back ever since and have made it to the very top of my list. Chai is the other one I could possibly have on my island but the other three's designs just does not click with me.

I had Chai living on my island for a little while. I would've kept her if it was possible to have more than 10 villagers, but I simply didn't really have the room to keep her long term. Plus she's a peppy, and I don't know if I could tolerate having more than 1 peppy villager on my island at once.

I agree that Marty is cute, but his problem is he's a lazy and there's way too many lazy villagers that I like so... I've never invited him. I think Etoile is interesting too if you like pastel characters.

The other 3 I don't care for the designs for at all though.

I really like them and have had most of them living on my island at some point (other then Rilla as I’m not a huge fan of the gorilla villagers), also love the clothing and furniture additions that came with them.

So far none of them have become permanent residents for me in New Horizons, though Marty is in my NL town, just cause there are some villagers I like slightly more but I’d definitely invite some of them back in the future.

I love them all! Rilla pretty much is the only Gorilla in the game that I have no issues with from an appearance stand point. Hello Kitty has always been my favorite Sanrio character and Rilla is much more visually pleasing to look at than Hans or Al. She just seems less awkward somehow. I currently have Étolie on my Island and will work on getting Rilla next and force out Prince. Chai is my third favorite of the Sanrio Villagers. After that it’s Chelsea, Toby, and Martin.

I don't particularly care about the villagers, but I had the cards from playing NL and scanned them in to get the items/clothing. From that standpoint, they were worth it.

I don't really care much for them. Ive never had them on my island any of them. Some of the individual pieces are interested but I find them mostly to be not my style.

I like them, specially Toby, Etoile and Chai, but I wish they looked more similar to the actual sanrio mascots, I feel it was a wasted oportunity (why did they made hello kitty an ugly gorilla?). Still, most of them have very cute designs and I LOVE their furniture, wasn't able to grab a pack but luckly I know someone else who owns them and gave me their items.

I think some of the outfits and items that came with them were really nice, but I'm not too fond of the villagers themselves.

299843544_436618775099143_6755813925688878690_n.jpg

I like the Sanrio villagers and I've had some of them in my towns/islands in New Leaf but except for Marty,they seemed out of place in my game.They're a bit too ornate(decorative?) for my plain Jane towns/islands.I do currently have Marty because his design is a bit simpler and he's a cute little bugger.

I'm indifferent to all of their designs, except Etoile. I think she's adorable, so she's a permanent resident on my island. The rest I don't care for(esp. Chelsea), but I do think their furniture is cute.

Not too fond of promotional villagers, but their items are cute.

I don't care much for having any of the Sanrio villagers although I do find most of them quite cute (esp. Etoile 🐑🌟). I'd love to get the cards for the items though if I could. I do really like the sets and posters.

Back