White Rose
White Rose
Golden Watering Can
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
I don't like it at all

Once it Daylights savings time starts, schedules and time becomes awkward since everything gets shifted to one hour.

I don't think anyone really cares for it anymore. Congress just needs to act on changing it, but good luck with them doing that. I hate having to always lose an hour and I hate how dark it gets because we change the time. Yeah I know if we get rid of daylight saving time and just stick with standard it will probably stay darker in the morning, but I'd rather have that because I get up so early in the morning anyway for work that it's dark for me as it is. I'd rather have more time in the day with it being light.

Down with daylight savings!!! I hate it so much. I was finally awake with the sun, it was staying out long enough that I could be outside until the end of my shift... I don't see any reason to change it. Now I've lost an hour of sleep and I'm grouchy.

I also work with toddlers and daylight savings is  hard on them. They can't comprehend whats going on but suddenly their naptime and meal times are out of whack.

Only the government would think that if you cut the top off of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of the blanket, that you have a longer blanket. 😒

The blanket is not longer, the day is not longer.

It’s literally one of the most annoying, inconvenient things of all time. I don’t understand why it still exists tbh. I don’t mind it so much when the clocks go back an hour, but them springing forward sucks. Every time I forget that DST is happening, and every time I panic when I look at the clock and see it’s suddenly 3am instead of 2am. 👎🏻

I vastly prefer Standard Time. I wish we could keep Standard Time all year round and do away with Daylight Savings Time and springing forward.

I like that it's either yes, or I Hate It.

I do hate it, though. I thought we voted on it and it was supposed to not be a thing anymore, but I guess it didn't pass the house. A shame.

I have no strong feelings on it. It's not happened in the uk yet though. Pretty sure it's on Easter Sunday this year though.

I live in Arizona where DST hasn't been observed since around 1968.I was only four years old at the time so I've never really dealt with it.The Navajo Nation here does observe DST which is a bit odd since none of the other Native tribes recognize it.It's funny but yesterday where I work a couple of employees showed up an hour early because they didn't adjust the time on their phones.

Hate it!!!

Srandard time is the winter time.
Daylight savings is the time in spring when we change the clocks.

There was an experiment back in the 70s when they tried to make daylight savings time year round, but it was a disaster, because it stayed so dark late into the morning in the winter. It was hard for people to get up and go to school and work hours before sunrise. There were accidents - total failure. So they went back to changing the clocks.

Year round standard time is better for winter mornings, but then it's dark when people get home from work in the winter.

Personally, I'd prefer year round standard. But if they went year round dst I could handle it. As long as it was year round and we stopped changing twice a year...

I honestly don't mind it. Losing the hour sucks but gaining it is nice. Whatever we need to do to get more sunshine is fine with me!

First I live in Canada and we are not all affected the same way, see the maps at the end of the post.

I like it. Because it gives us more light in a day. As I said in another post I like riding my bike in the woods in the evening after 5pm, I'm riding 28km+ and I'm not the fastest and the last thing I want is getting stuck there when It's dark, because there are bears and coyotes and nobody around.

So here is my selfish little pleasure but most of people in my city like a bit more light in the summer after months in the darkness, when we return to normal time in fall, people get depressed, some leave home in the morning it's dark, they come back home it's dark. People who work in places with no windows hardly see the sun for months. Every time we change the hour in spring their mood get better.

So summer time is not a bad thing BUT if we keep it all year, the sunrise in winter won't be before 8h30-9h (in my area). I'm not a morning person so I don't care much, but morning people care and all those little kids going to elementary school at 7h30 am will wander in the streets in total darkness at traffic time and it could be dangerous for them. So I doubt they will let us keep summer time and without it, days will get shorter sooner and for a longer time. People are already mad when it's dark before 4pm in October, I can't imagine.

Personally I'm not affected by the change of hour, just the first day and it's a Sunday, so that's cool,.

There is people affected by the change of hour, there is people affected by the lack of light, those who prefer sun in the evening, others in the morning, either way people will be unhappy. One thing I don't get though It's those, like my cousin, who complains a lot and then get on a plane for a sunnier place with several hours of jetlag.

here the maps
20240311_123428.jpg
20240311_123456.jpg
20240311_124740.jpg
20240311_124806.jpg

source for pics https://us-climate.blogspot.com/2016/06/daylight-twilight-astronomical-maps.html

Last edited:
I'm in the UK and we don't switch to BST (British Summer Time) until the end of March but I hate it every year as it always makes the first day of the changeover incredibly long, plus I hate the longer days in general during summer. However if we stayed in GMT all year round our sunrise would be after 3am during the summer months but if we stayed in BST sunrise wouldn't be until after 9am during the winter months.

Maybe we should just put the clocks back and forth 30 minutes twice a year instead to keep everyone happy and call it a day? 🤷🏼‍♀️😂

ok i thought i hated it but now i can't comprehend what time it would be in the winter if we took it away. i want whatever gives us more sunlight later in the day during the winter bc getting out of work to a dark sky is the most depressing thing.

I don’t know why everyone else hates it. I like how it gets darker later. Literally the only downside I see is losing an hour of sleep for one day that you get back in November.

Last edited:
I hate it. Matter of fact, I set my computer, phone, watch, and alarm clock to Arizona time (I live in Colorado) just so I don't have to adhere to it, and just treat every scheduled event as if it's happening an hour earlier.

I genuinely believe that the week of the time springing forwards is a curse where anything and everything goes wrong. I wish they'd get rid of daylight savings 😭

Back