• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which is better: Fallback or Daylight Savings? ☀️🍂⏰️

Which do you prefer, Daylight Savings Time, or Fallback time?

• Daylight Savings

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Fallback

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • Both are fine/Don't feel different

Votes: 15 25.0%

• Total voters
both take some time for me to get used to whenever the clock gets pushed back/forward an hour, but while i like fallback for the extra hour of sleep i get, i actually prefer daylight savings.

i like it being light outside for longer since it makes me feel like i have more time in the day to do everything that i need or want to do. it getting dark out earlier during fallback lowkey takes a toll on my mental health. i’m not sure why, but it just makes my days feel rushed and like time is moving too fast, which doesn’t make me or my brain feel good 😅

Fallback is nice to get another hour of sleep, but in turn, it gets dark at 4:30pm. You go to work in the dark and leave work in the dark. It's just depressing.

For that reason, I prefer losing that hour to get more daylight.

My college friends do an event called "Negative Time Tommy's" during fallback, where you leave from the dorm, go to Tommy's (burger joint in downtown LA), order and eat a chili burger/dog/fries, and come back "before" you left! It's great fun

But when I'm working the overnight shift that night, definitely spring forward is better than fall back, haha. 1 less hour of work vs 1 extra hour stuck at work;)

I think DST/Fallback needs to die, but I think I prefer Daylight Savings to Fallback. I really enjoy going out for a walk at a later time in the day and its a lot more safe to do that when its not dark outside by like 5 pm

I wish we didn’t use this, but I do prefer fallback because we gain an hour of sleep 😩 I need as much Z’s as I can get lol

my opinion is that we should eradicate this system in general. it doesn't really serve any purpose and the majority of the world doesn't observe it.

I prefer fallback. Im very light sensitive so the less light the better for me and I never sleep right during DST. I also hate feeling slightly jetlagged in my own timezone whenever we spring forward.

we don't apply the daylight savings time thing here in Hawaii,
but I constantly have to ask online friends what time it is for them ;~;

so uh, if there were another option:
wish it didn't exist

Fallback since I hate waking up when it's dark, I prefer waking up when it's bright because I feel more lazy in the dark.

They both suck honestly. Wish they'd just get rid of the time change.

Sticking to the subject, falling back is always good.

i wish it'd stay like it is now. i hate how in the winter i head to work and it's dark, and when i come home it's dark. i need to see the sun.

I prefer daylight's savings. We lose an hour of sleep for a day, yes, but it's nice having the sun set later in the evening. Falling back is very hard for me to adjust to because it gets dark so early. I get tired so early and I get this very anxious feeling like the world is ending or something.

I prefer daylight's savings. We lose an hour of sleep for a day, yes, but it's nice having the sun set later in the evening. Falling back is very hard for me to adjust to because it gets dark so early. I get tired so early and I get this very anxious feeling like the world is ending or something.
Yeah it's always dark when I get up for work so it really makes no difference to me. I'd rather there be more light in the day so I can get into more things. Having it get dark at 5PM sucks.

But good luck getting congress to act on anything. They're worthless.

Fallback.

I love gaining an extra hour of sleep and overall I just prefer shorter days that come with autumn and winter.

I wish they would just stick to one or the other since it messes my sleep schedule up pretty bad, but since that doesn’t seem to be happening anytime soon, I would rather have an extra hour of sleep than to magically lose an hour of my life.

Back