• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

This game hit me in the feelings a few minutes ago😪 It got me thinking about the dialog

kemdi

Bells
Holiday Candy Cane 2023
Silver Mailbox
This honestly the first time its ever happened. It kinda surprised me since I didn't think it was possible. I've been playing this game since launch and for the most part, the dialog has been pretty generic and repetitive. But a few minutes ago I went to Ione's house for a visit, and she says this:

chik_mons-1585679164883218433-20221027_130548-img1.jpg

chik_mons-1585679669919363072-20221027_130748-img1.jpg

chik_mons-1585678992447012864-20221027_130506-img1.jpg

It hit me because in real life I do have naturally curly hair that I've felt weird about at times. So seeing this from one of my favorite villagers admittedly made me kind of happy. But it also got me thinking: I've been playing for over 2 years and I've never seen this dialog before today. How much of this game is hidden behind such context sensitive situations? Did it come in with the 2.0 update? Ione's a squirrel so her tail does curl..so do other personalities have dialog that specific to their species? I have no idea if any of it was added with 2.0 but it made me realize that this game has a ton of dialog, maybe even more than the others. From the museum specific conversations, to time sensitive conversations, to villagers commenting on your clothes and on your furniture and decor style when they visit your house...I mean, I never even knew before today that Tom Nook will call you out if you've never ever spoken to any of your villagers! It feels disappointing that this game has so much dialog that many people will never get to see because a lot of it is locked behind context windows so small you'll miss it if you blink. But if you think about it, that only really does make it so that even though we're all playing the same game, no two people will ever have the same playing experience!😮

Yeah that dialogue is slightly specific to a normal villager's species
if said normal villager has a tail they will usually say they like their tail, if I remember normal dogs will say they like their ears, normal villagers with no unique characteristics will say they just enjoy seeing themselves in the mirror. It's been in the game long before the 2.0 update
really shows how nobody plays this game the same way

Yeah that dialogue is slightly specific to a normal villager's species
if said normal villager has a tail they will usually say they like their tail, if I remember normal dogs will say they like their ears, normal villagers with no unique characteristics will say they just enjoy seeing themselves in the mirror. It's been in the game long before the 2.0 update
really shows how nobody plays this game the same way

It's so weird. I've had plenty of normal villagers, and I've been playing since launch day. I'm sure there's plenty more I haven't seen, and I'm sure there's plenty more I have seen that others haven't. Its so strange how the dialog in this game can be so generic yet so varied at the same time.

I've had Maple say that same dialogue about liking what she sees in the mirror. She mentioned her hair just generally. Probably non-mammal normals have something else they mention.

In my experience, the generic dialogue is what they say when you talk to them the first few times in a day, and then if you keep talking to them, you get to more interesting stuff. There's a ton of dialogue hidden in the game if you do enough digging to find it. When I realized that, I found myself talking to all of my villagers a few extra times, just to see what they'd say, and sometimes they broke out some nice lines that I hadn't seen before.

Awe! Thats adorable, I can defently relate.

Its really simple, but if you invite a lazy over, and loose the game, he tells you

*You cant win all the time, if you did that wouldnt be fun*

I could defently relate, and honestly when Im on a loosing streak thinking about that just builds up my confidrnce. Aside from being apart of a competitive team, Im not much of a gamer other wise. So when I do loose I used to take it hard, until Sasha said that. Now I dont take loses on casual as personally, and if anything it made me a better player, and enjoy the game more. So, thank you Sasha.
--
As you advance friendship, and if you become super close to a lazy, they start saying some real creepy stuff. Lazy is personally my favorite, and most memorable dialogue.

my goodness, this makes me so happy. i agree, there definitely is some new dialogue that has been added. the way you worded this is so beautiful though, it made my heart so happy to read <3

Normal mice say they like their ears and that it’s like hair for them, this is a very nice feature, they should have added more like this because it feels villager-specific and it’s cute

That’s actually very touching! I don’t think I’ve run into that dialogue yet. I have curls too, and they can be a hassle to have and take care of to the point where they exhaust me and I feel self-conscious instead of appreciating them. Thanks, Ione, I’ll always keep that in mind 💙

This honestly the first time its ever happened. It kinda surprised me since I didn't think it was possible. I've been playing this game since launch and for the most part, the dialog has been pretty generic and repetitive. But a few minutes ago I went to Ione's house for a visit, and she says this:

View attachment 465366
View attachment 465367
View attachment 465368

It hit me because in real life I do have naturally curly hair that I've felt weird about at times. So seeing this from one of my favorite villagers admittedly made me kind of happy. But it also got me thinking: I've been playing for over 2 years and I've never seen this dialog before today. How much of this game is hidden behind such context sensitive situations? Did it come in with the 2.0 update? Ione's a squirrel so her tail does curl..so do other personalities have dialog that specific to their species? I have no idea if any of it was added with 2.0 but it made me realize that this game has a ton of dialog, maybe even more than the others. From the museum specific conversations, to time sensitive conversations, to villagers commenting on your clothes and on your furniture and decor style when they visit your house...I mean, I never even knew before today that Tom Nook will call you out if you've never ever spoken to any of your villagers! It feels disappointing that this game has so much dialog that many people will never get to see because a lot of it is locked behind context windows so small you'll miss it if you blink. But if you think about it, that only really does make it so that even though we're all playing the same game, no two people will ever have the same playing experience!😮
That's beautiful.

I think it's really cool to find dialogue I haven't seen before, especially with villager-to-villager convos. They're kinda rare for some reason; I wish they happened more often in NH and other games in general.

One time in NH I found my two favorite villagers Frita and Curt arguing about a kid they saw when they were "off-island" on another town presumably. That brings up some pretty interesting theories. I didn't know villagers could go off the island! But it makes sense; I've seen villagers exiting the airport and sometimes it's impossible to find them when I'm looking for them. I just wish there were more conversation gems like that.

I love when Villagers drop lil bombs on you like that. I'm gonna admit, I have saved letters from some of my villagers that I read right when I needed to read them the most. I think... it's why I can never fully give up on animal crossing.

One time in NH I found my two favorite villagers Frita and Curt arguing about a kid they saw when they were "off-island" on another town presumably. That brings up some pretty interesting theories. I didn't know villagers could go off the island! But it makes sense; I've seen villagers exiting the airport and sometimes it's impossible to find them when I'm looking for them. I just wish there were more conversation gems like that.
This is true!!!! I've sometimes just never been able to find them. Most of the time, I find them in my muesum when I absolutely can't find them anywhere else, but there are times when they are just gone and it's like 'hello?? whurr u at'
Though I wonder, were Frita and Curt ever on the same island before yours? I wonder if that's why?
Super interesting tho, I hope I get dialogue like that one day

So Nana once told me “I try to be a good listener, you can tell me anything.” I was about to cry because I love how normal villagers just are so caring and sweet, I love them.

Back