• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Clothing Game

ShawnFuzz

In Colorado, under my cats rule.
Bells
Apple (Fruit)
Tasty Cake
Purple Violet
Sweet Balloon
Purple Bunny Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Yellow Balloon
I am pretty sure nobody else will do this, but me, but here is what I have been doing.

Every time a villager gives me a clothing item, I wear it no matter what. It doesn't matter if I like it, or if it matches my style or other clothing. I also include clothing items that drop from balloons (basically anything you don't pick yourself from Able Sisters).

Here are a series of pictures so far, which started with the tropical hat and bottom rimmed glass from Angus and an alpinist outfit from a balloon. As you can see it ended up with me running around in work boots and my skivvies for a bit.

Anyone want to join me in this? We might get some accidental new fashions! 😀

1000003241.jpg

1000003251.jpg

1000003252.jpg

1000003254.jpg

I can't seem to get rid of that tropical hat!
I do like the tough guy Hockey outfit mixed with the pacifier though 😀

I like your idea. I usually just sell all my random gifts from villagers and balloon gifts. This sounds like a lot of fun. I will definitely start trying this and post the results. So far today I have gotten all shirts. I switched my shirt for the cycling shirt I got from Static.
F116B73A-4621-42F3-BA23-990156E1F5B4.jpeg

Oh, this is a really cute idea! It's definitely something I'd try doing if I was playing ACNH more regularly at the moment!

I've never done this clothing game, but I hope you don't mind me sharing the silly clothing game I would play while trying to expand my rep's closet! I found going to Able's and buying all the different items really tedious, so what I started doing instead was buying some of the items (not all), but making a game of it so it wasn't so tedious, by seeing what silly outfit I could make and take a snap of it!

Here's some of the silly things I ended up screen-shotting.

1708405228880.png

1708405210941.png

1708405265004.png

I like your idea. I usually just sell all my random gifts from villagers and balloon gifts.
That's what got me thinking about this! I was doing the same thing, but I thought I could make it interesting. Plus, this way you only have to wear the clothing until it is replaced by some other awful item you don't want!

I am happy at least one person is on board! I thought I would be the only committed weirdo lol

I thought I would be the only committed weirdo lol
P.S. I meant "weirdo" in a relatable and adorable sense. Not an insult.

I am going to ruin my own game by talking.
Post automatically merged:

1000003257.jpg

Got some new shades from a balloon. Looking a lot more ridiculous with my pacifier. 😄

Last edited:
I think it’s a good way to get back into talking to villagers .
Don’t worry I definitely didn’t take it as an insult lol. Those are some great shades. Not long after Buck got inspired by my cycling shirt and decided I needed a new pair of shorts. Aurora then surprised me with a new hat.

680E7D9A-3F2E-41DE-B828-9A228496AE6F.jpeg

As you can see my outfit is getting a bit silly, but I love it for that reason!

1000003266.jpg

However, I found a technical difficulty. Label gave me some casual themed clothing, so I put it on and talked to her again. Apparently she isn't impressed with my white underwear, as you can see from the next picture.

1000003268.jpg

I don't know what your normal style is, but I think the outfits given to you are much better than what I have been given!

I don't know what your normal style is, but I think the outfits given to you are much better than what I have been given!
I was surprised they gave items I would usually wear . Some just not together. I don’t get as many items on Serenity since I’m only trying for photos from the last two villagers. I have definitely received some weird items in the past .

I will definitely start trying this and post the results.

Hey azurill! I realize your silence in this thread is most likely for the same reason I have been silent. This stupid game is tiresome haha

But thank you for being the only one to participate in my silly clothing experiment!

Personally, I got tired of running around in my undies half the time, and I just could NOT get a villager or a balloon to give me something to replace that dang pacifier lol So again, Thanks for participating!

R.I.P. Clothing game

Lol sorry I have a been a bit busy or not feeling well. So haven’t played as much .I changed when Anicotti’s Birthday came up and haven’t gotten much clothing recently. I know I threw the last items I got in storage. I’m pretty sure was a jokey helmet and a fishing vest. Which based on the colors doesn’t look bad at all.

I like that my villagers tend to give me things that I might actually use and usually neutral colors.
F5181614-0FB5-4470-B2D8-81D5222E16E4.jpeg

Bathrobe: Anicotti
Cowboy boots - Sylvia
Jockey’s helmet - Gladys

Thankfully I didn’t have to stay in the bathrobe long as Anicotti and I played a card game and I won.
5992DB0C-C8FB-45EC-A682-0A8F91C738CD.jpeg

Anicotti- Miko attire card game

Okay, round two. I took a picture of what I was wearing to start with for reference.

1000003542.jpg

And then quickly this happened.

1000003550.jpg

Pleather Pants from Rodney.
And Stagehand Hat from a balloon lol I really hope the hat goes away soon!

Today Blaire gave me a different color jockeys helmet and Gladys gave me a zap suit.
11F2B149-E7A4-4C37-9AB7-E824875E05AF.jpeg

Not long after I won a do rag from our visiting camper Wolfgang . I also received a tee -parka combo from Label.
AE090B64-8EAB-4639-B8A2-D48333D50672.jpeg

Shorts are from before I switched to the zap suit .

1000003689.jpg

New additions
Soft-serve hat was from Cyrano
Groovy Tunic was from a balloon
And Checkered School Skirt from Diva

The only items from my original outfit are my socks and work boots

Yesterday I received a fedora from Doc and then a after school jacket from Baabara.
12798B20-8C3B-44F5-ADC7-B4A3D265AF72.jpeg

Later received a safety hat from
Sylvia for winning a card game . The Diner apron was from Gladys.
E5A6DC87-412B-4E09-B41F-48B64481B9E1.jpeg

Back