• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Clothing Game

Todays outfits are inspired by

Sylvia: fast food uniform
Gladys ; plain do-rag

6B1C62D7-A380-4516-AD46-A14B99C46565.jpeg

Baabara : edo period merchant outfit
DC4796EB-8BDA-4066-B383-5FA79CA6FB7B.jpeg

Anicotti : checkered jumper dress from giving her medicine.
81CCF3E2-1572-43BE-8A71-0480E114AD92.jpeg

Now I just someone to give me some new shoes.

I am in the same boat! I have been wearing the same pair of moccasins for as long as I can remember now. At least neither of our shoes look too bad!
Yea they are at least nice shoes . I find it interesting that shoes are not given very often. It’s also pretty rare that they give me a pair of pants or shorts. Most of the time that I get clothing it’s a shirt . I can’t remember but I don’t think anyone has given me a bag .

It’s also pretty rare that they give me a pair of pants or shorts. Most of the time that I get clothing it’s a shirt . I can’t remember but I don’t think anyone has given me a bag .
Actually, I don't think I have been given a bag either. The only time I get bottoms is usually from balloons, and so far it has always been dresses/skirts... or, that nightmarish diaper that came from who knows where 😂

Actually, I don't think I have been given a bag either. The only time I get bottoms is usually from balloons, and so far it has always been dresses/skirts... or, that nightmarish diaper that came from who knows where 😂
Maybe that’s why I don’t get pants/shorts often. They are hiding in the balloons I forget to look for. Maybe the reason they don’t give pants/shorts and bags is because the villagers don’t use them.
I do not think I want to know where that diaper came from.

Maybe that’s why I don’t get pants/shorts often. They are hiding in the balloons I forget to look for. Maybe the reason they don’t give pants/shorts and bags is because the villagers don’t use them.
I do not think I want to know where that diaper came from.
That's probably true! I got my last pair of pants from Gullivarr. He doesn't seem to wear pants either, but the special guests to the island seem to have more variety.

I HEAR the balloons constantly which is why I pop so many. There are times in real life where I hear wind blowing that is similar to the sound of the balloons and I instantly get the urge to look up. It's actually quite frustrating, but great for hearing the balloons overhead in the game

That's probably true! I got my last pair of pants from Gullivarr. He doesn't seem to wear pants either, but the special guests to the island seem to have more variety.

I HEAR the balloons constantly which is why I pop so many. There are times in real life where I hear wind blowing that is similar to the sound of the balloons and I instantly get the urge to look up. It's actually quite frustrating, but great for hearing the balloons overhead in the game
I think it’s because the gifts Gullivarr gives out are from a specific set . So there are only a few clothing options. The list of gifts from villagers is so much bigger.

I have such a hard time hearing the balloons . Then when I can it’s takes a bit to figure out there direction. I have the same problem with mole crickets.

I am trying to keep this thread alive, but I feel like I am slightly drowning. @azurill has been my sidekick (or more likely the hero and I am the sidekick being rescued?) And, in this silly game, we have had only one mysterious appearance by @Kanjouhi

I am thinking this is an idea introduced too late because so many people have said, basically, I will try this whenever I play again!

Well, for tonight's clothing inspiration, here is my outfit.

Balloon hat from Apple
Cardigan uniform top from Diva
Denim painter's pants from a balloon (something I wear regularly so woo!l)
The shades and shoes have been ongoing!

1000004050.jpg

I have some new "rule" ideas. But I have blathered enough.

I'm yet to be gifted any clothes beyond socks. Do you want me to post myself in my underwear and socks?!

..I wouldn't blame you if you did 😎

I gave everyone a shamrock soda today .
Today’s outfits are from
Blaire : school jacket
Chadder: pullover jacket
Baabara : tennis sweater
Filbert : tight-knit sweater
Sylvia - tuna sushi costume
Anicotti: school uniform with necktie
Gladys delivery jacket
Out of 10 villagers 7 gave me clothing.

I’m only going to post a few of them. I’m thinking maybe the price makes a difference in what gift you get from villagers

58004902-FB3B-49B2-8A0E-0874AA9D89A5.jpeg
516A8028-C2CA-4AC6-A108-AFD713C98650.jpeg
C6B184E5-A0DC-4249-90FA-36CC49A4E9D0.jpeg

I'm yet to be gifted any clothes beyond socks. Do you want me to post myself in my underwear and socks?!

..I wouldn't blame you if you did 😎
No, you should keep your socks covered hah. Don't forget about balloons, or anything you might get from Gulliver/Gullivarr or Label as well. I may be forgetting other ways. Oh, maybe we can use items in the recycling box? It's kind of like balloons I guess. I haven't checked mine in a while. I will do that tonight and see what's in there.

So I checked my recycling box for the first time in a while and got these clothing items.

Plover Cardigan, Torn pants and you can't see them but Holey socks (sorry @Goldi Locks I am not offering to wear only undies so you can see my Holey socks 😆)

On a side note, there was also a desktop computer in the recycling bin. I need to check it more often!

1000004058.jpg

Today I gave everyone stacks of veggies.
So today I received

Baabara : silly glasses
Doc : baseball cap
Iggly : conductor’s jacket

This is a bit silly and can’t wait to take off the silly glasses.

99A79691-24BB-48C2-81BB-1C63C7B9CD6F.jpeg

Today I gave everyone stacks of veggies

I forgot about giving gifts to get clothing. I always sell veggies, but will start doing that too
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and the silly glasses are great 😆

I forgot about giving gifts to get clothing. I always sell veggies, but will start doing that too
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and the silly glasses are great 😆
I usually give stacks of 5 to 10 fruits or veggies. Sometimes they also give you their photo for fruits and veggies. The silly glasses were funny .

Yesterday’s look was Birthday inspired as it was Rosellas birthday.

Anicotti: Birthday hat
Chadder: Birthday shades
Iggly : Bekasab robe

A3C4AC61-B180-4F35-A04E-D72AC60E9C6F.jpeg

Finally got a full outfit after Paula gave me this tiger dress, which was extra weird because she is Carole Baskin:
acnhclothinggame.jpg

Veil came from Bluebear yesterday,
Garter socks were from Grizzly, back when I mentioned I was only getting socks. This was the third pair I got from Grizzly.
Cleats were from Olive, also yesterday.

I don't think I can pull this look off. I can pull a lot of looks off, but this ain't one of 'em.

View attachment 546805
I don't think I can pull this look off. I can pull a lot of looks off, but this ain't one of 'em.
Looks pretty cool to me! The cleats may come in handy running from an actual tiger!

I haven't had much change recently to my outfit. The first is pretty much what I had on before, except I was given a Visual-punk outfit from Bangle (speaking of tigers) after I returned her book I found on the island. Matches up perfectly with my balloon hat 🙄
1000004154.jpg

And then I finally got a new hat, a Shallow knit cap from Agnes, and also this Pilot's uniform from Dora.
1000004153.jpg

My latest "fashions" are...
Cyber Shades from Dora
Instant-muscle suit from Cyano
Privacy Mask from a balloon

1000004190.jpg

I don't post every single outfit because I get so much clothing, and I usually post at the end of my day. But I wanted to share this one from earlier in the day... not just for the clothing (although you can see where it lead to above) but.... I have never had this many villagers in one place!

1000004175.jpg

I forget where the top came from, but those are Labelle shorts, given to me by Label, who was standing just offscreen.

My latest "fashions" are...
Cyber Shades from Dora
Instant-muscle suit from Cyano
Privacy Mask from a balloon

View attachment 547573

I don't post every single outfit because I get so much clothing, and I usually post at the end of my day. But I wanted to share this one from earlier in the day... not just for the clothing (although you can see where it lead to above) but.... I have never had this many villagers in one place!

View attachment 547574

I forget where the top came from, but those are Labelle shorts, given to me by Label, who was standing just offscreen.
Label approved this outfit

Back