• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Things You Miss from Gamecube..

Reading all these things about the gamecube version, really makes me want to start a new town again.

I miss the aerobics and the sports festival the most >.< I loved how it added stuff you can do in the aerobics and it was soo cute x-x
the festival was really cute, but I wish you could do more. I made my own little sports wear that matched my team, yet I did nothing because I couldn't : p

I also miss the raffles, never really had a chance to do it though xD

i loved how you could actually ask the villagers if they need help..

I didn't even know about Farley until today... xD I was a little kid, I just ran around doing whatever lol I didn't know Gracie was in the game, never went to the island. : p

I still have it, I should play it now... Who knows what happened to my town, though

I dont miss anything... i was 1 year old when this came out
But this stuff sounds like fun
i would love to see walker vs biskit in tug of war

I miss the balls for sure, also I remember I was pretty young when I was playing it and I would set alarms to try and wake up at 6am to do the morning aerobics. On the days I was up for it, I would even jump around and try to do the work out myself in my room xD
Also the NES games were great, and I miss how large the towns used to be.

Last edited:
Man, I miss everything about that game. I'm gonna have to fork out some extra cash to buy a gamecube again, because my ACPG is sitting on my bookshelf waiting to be played again. I think I miss the music the most. The music was so different and magical. And I loved the dump. I'd grab whatever was in there, like umbrellas and whatnot. I miss the acres too. Grass never died. I even like the looks of the characters better than in ACNL. I didn't really care much about how my town was set up, nor did I really care about what villager was popular or not, which everyone seems to care so much about today.

And like everyone else said: The balls.

I miss the morning aerobics,being able to ask for work,The island having a villager,the journal,monthly raffle,the balls omg,sports festival....-sigh-

I miss the overall tone of the game. The music, graphics and deeper interactions with villagers gave the game an amazing atmosphere!

THE BIG TOWN!
Seriously, I think the town is much bigger than in any other Animal Crossing game and I think that there were more river layouts. I also miss the little "river islands".
And I miss the wishing well.

Weird darker elements to it, the music, and some of the odd holidays. I also kinda miss being able to grow a golden tree. I just like having unique foliage of sorts lol

I think people wishing for a bigger town are in luck, they do seem to make the bigger maps for the TV consoles. So once Animal Crossing for WiiU appears, you'll likely see 2 tier towns again. The DS & 3DS ones are 1 level. GCN & Wii are 2 or 3. Likely there's a pattern.

I miss how the town was so much bigger! The layout in general was so much better! I also miss the fact that there seemed to be a lot more fossils buried daily..I played GC today after playing CF for a while and I was not used to digging up 6 fossils in one day! xD

I really miss the festivals and activities like the Cherry Blossom Festival and I LOVED the Sports Fair! :D
Also some of the villagers that didn't appear in the other games like Bea!

I miss Wisp, the activities, the balls, the glowing patches of dirt, and of course, Woolio.

Theres so many things i miss about the gamecube version:(..

I miss being able to ask for errands those was so fun, I miss the land layers.

I miss the festivals.
:D :(...I hope they make a wii u version or even remake the gamecube version in HD :D.:blush:

Last edited:
I miss so much from Population Growing...
But the main things are the monthly raffles and collecting the raffle tickets (it was an incentive to actually try to complete your catalogue by making you buy everything in the shop lol) and of course the NES games...
The NES games were so cool!

Oh and I almost forget, I really REALLY miss the eReader and the Cards... They were my favourite thing!
I still have them now :L

Back