• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Things you didn't know about forever?

Oh this is actually a really old discovery of mine but for the longest time, I NEVER KNEW that scarab beetles only come out after 11:00 PM. I used to get really annoyed looking for them, but now that I know their time frame, they're surprisingly common and I feel stupid.

Oh I got those a couple days ago! I'm doing the shuffle in my TPC photo.

Me too!!!!! :D
Wearing the blue aloha shirt.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh this is actually a really old discovery of mine but for the longest time, I NEVER KNEW that scarab beetles only come out after 11:00 PM. I used to get really annoyed looking for them, but now that I know their time frame, they're surprisingly common and I feel stupid.

Between 5 AM and 6, is really good for Scarabs! (For me)

I never knew villagers could actually sit on bench PWPs/tree stumps. I have NEVER seen one of my villagers do that... Only in screenshots i do. I had a bench pwp for the longest time before getting rid of it, and still have so many stumps, and have yet to see one of them on one .

i never knew that wishy the star was in acnl until recently. i feel like such an idiot now, aha.

It took me forever to realize you could watch the villagers' conversations. My friend told me about it one day, after a few months of playing.

I realized that when you're talking to Rover, you are basically telling a complete stranger where you are about to live and your name.

It's a small town...everyone knows where everyone lives. But yeah.

I didn't know that fertilizer could bring back dead perfect fruit trees. Granted, they become just regular fruit trees. It's still pretty cool though!

When I first started out ACNL, I thought that like the previous AC games, you can only tap on one thing to donate to the museum at a time. It wasn't until a month later when I realized that you can donate multiple things at once. Imagine my relief and embarrassment!

It's a small town...everyone knows where everyone lives. But yeah.

I didn't know that fertilizer could bring back dead perfect fruit trees. Granted, they become just regular fruit trees. It's still pretty cool though!

I think that was a new feature introduced with the amiibo update. I've never used fertilizer myself for anything yet, though.

Today I found out that not all fortune cookies sold in the Nooklings' store will give a prize.

When I first started out ACNL, I thought that like the previous AC games, you can only tap on one thing to donate to the museum at a time. It wasn't until a month later when I realized that you can donate multiple things at once. Imagine my relief and embarrassment!

oh my god that must have taken forever to get anything done in the museum! my heart goes out to you :')

I just noticed that if Harv is using maracas, at night when the bonfire is on, he'll shake them really energetically if you don the fire/rain dance.

I used to think you can only put a total of 60 items in your storage and the others labeled "B" and "C" are just palette swap of the background like if I put stuff on A, it would reflect on the others. Didn't realize until a year or so that they're there to add more to the storage count or the main purpose is so that you can group the items lol

I just learned the other day that if you have 3 bridges built that your villagers won't suggest new bridge pwps. So that evening I spent doing the diving trick with Murphy trapped between his and his neighbors house was just torture for both of us!

omg no..... I had no idea :( I'm going to demolish a bridge right now lol

Back