• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The worst holiday NPC ever...

all holidays in acnl are boring except toy day imo so it makes the npcs seem boring. i feel like if the town was more decorated and more emphasis was put on holidays to make them more interactive instead of just collecting furniture, i think people would have more fun with bunny day, harvest festival, april fools, etc. and probably look forward to seeing those characters every year. its always annoyed me that there are no decorations for any holidays besides lights on trees for toy day. let us buy those lights and be able to hang them on any trees and houses and projects. how cool would that be...and maybe for bunny day there could be like a rare bunny running around town, and if you catch it you get different clothes/accessories (i think people like clothes more than furniture tbh imagine an egg hat for bunny day lmao)

and the amount of holidays we have is fine, i just think the game isn't making them a big enough thing. imo i think every holiday should have a special character (valentines day, shamrock day, and new years are the only ones i think that dont have a special npc) so having characters for those days would be cool too. anyways yeah lol i rambled so much sorry

Agreed--I mean, I enjoy the holidays, but once you've seen it, that's it. No real reason to ever repeat that holiday on a subsequent year. I can't figure out why almost every ACNL YouTuber makes a point to do holiday/event videos--it's so boring (to me) because there is no point at all, unless you're hoping to see how a certain villager they have looks on a certain holiday.

That being said, I do like Pave! I do not care for Nat or Chip, if they count.

Last edited:
Pave is the absolute worst. The worst of the worst.
His obnoxious personality, screaming text size, awful festivale music, and that horrible furniture set.

I tend to groan when Isabelle makes the announcement of Festivale being in my town. It's so boring and it seems to be only for villagers to enjoy. I wanna dance with them too!! Yet Pave is just wayy too annoying for me. I get that he's over the top and passionate about the event but gosh almighty he's irritating. He screams at you, demands you to get certain feathers for him and haven forbid you accidentally come back with less (or the wrong color) than what he asked.

If you ask me about Zipper, I actually haven't experienced an Easter in AC! I've always been too busy around that time so I feel indifferent I guess. ( •᷄ὤ•᷅)

I don't really have a favourite or least favourite. Honestly, for some reason, I'm just not... interested in the holidays in ACNL. I've had the game since launch and I've never played Festivale, Thanksgiving, and I've only played Christmas and Halloween once... and that was the year I got the game. So I haven't played any holidays in the game since 2013. I do remember logging in on Easter in 2014 and then immediately going nope and left lol :/

If Isabelle counts as a holiday NPC, then Isabelle. Those annoying little events like groundhog day/explorer's day/whatever are just the worst...

Saint Paddy's day is coming up next week. I guess that's my favorite since there are no silly games to annoy. At least you get a fairly decent hat. The fact that my maternal grandmother was 100% Irish may have something to do with my bias.

For me the worst NPC is Zipper T. Bunny. Argh. I hate his Layout, because it's just so awful and ugly. That yellow ostume with that blue eyes, the hat, the teeth, even his dress. I hate all about him. I understand, dancing all the just is just not nice, but the jokes with "Oh, that is not a zipper, no!" after 4 years, it isn't funny anymore.

I like Jack( he my favorite) I forgot what the Turkey name is I LOVE the harvest set , and his camper is sooo cute, and Pave. Basically any holiday NPC that has purple.
I cannot stand those snowpeople they are a nightmare
If we are including regular NPC Lloyd he is creepy, Dr Who like and that other show

Back