• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rank all of the Nookling Stores from best to worst

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
So in New Leaf, we had five Nookling expansions, which were the Nookling Junction, T&T Mart, Super T&T, T.I.Y., and T&T Emporium. If you could rank all five stores from best to worst, what would you choose? It can be based on design, number of items sold, opening times, and what’s being sold.

Here’s mine:
  1. T&T Mart - easily my favorite one. Not only does it have the best exterior design out of all five stores, but it’s also open the longest. On any ordinance other than Night Owl, it’s the only store open past 11 PM, and if you have Night Owl active, it’s open past 3 AM. It may be small, but cozier is better.
  2. T&T Emporium - if it weren’t for GracieGrace, I would rank it lower on my list. I also like department stores, especially multi-level ones. The only reason why it doesn’t beat T&T Mart is because of opening times.
  3. T.I.Y. - if you don’t care too much about Gracie items, this would be better than the emporium, solely because it’s open longer. I also like the design.
  4. Nookling Junction - not only is it too small, but there’s also no catalog machine, no carpets and wallpaper for sale, and no medicine for sale.
  5. Super T&T - has the worst interior design, and the opening hours is unrealistically short for a supermarket. It’s also obsolete compared to T&T Emporium for having less space and shorter hours.

Aw I love your ranking, T&T Mart is in first place for me too. I think it has the right proportions, it's neither too big nor too small, I like it a lot overall.
In second place I put the the Nookling Junction, because I grew up listening to the soundtrack of that little shop and every time I hear it again I go back in time. You never forget your first time with Animal Crossing💕
In third place I put the T.I.Y, because I really like the design, both external and internal. I like it so much!
In fourth place I put the Super T&T only because I put the T&T Emporium in last place, unfortunately I find the colors and architecture of the last building too tacky and the only thing worthy of note is the floor dedicated to Gracie, but I really don't like the exterior design, but I have to admit that the series of bulbs are very cute in winter!

1. T&T Mart
Mart had the cutest interior / was the most convenient as it was so compact, straightforward and easy to navigate. I don't usually buy wall items and I don't need three rows of paper or floor/wallpaper to choose from aha, so shop size never bothered me. Frankly the other upgrades are too big

2. Super T&T
I thought it had the cutest exterior, my only complaint would be closing times but Re-Tail is open until 11pm

3. TIY
The other two get the job done when it comes to shopping so this upgrade wasn't necessary for me. I liked the connecting garden shop which was cute/convenient and Leif being able to expand his wares. Best hours considering this is your 'final' upgrade if you so chose

4. Emporium
I also upgraded for Gracie but found the general architecture / interior design to be tacky, I dislike the music and the exterior is huge/gaudy. I think that was the point but it lacks charm compared to Nookington's.. which is more what I was expecting. I think it clashes with the high-end vibe of Gracie.

*I don't rank Junction because as the starter store it's purposely small/has the fewest wares, there's objectively nothing to like about it but you aren't expected to dislike it either. It's just there lol.

My rankings are mostly based on store design since it’s been forever since I’ve played New Leaf. 😅

1. T.I.Y. - T.I.Y. is #1 for me mostly because its exterior is my favourite out of all of them. I think I might’ve talked about this in a previous thread of yours, but I really like the convenience/grocery store vibes of T.I.Y. I think the red/white exterior with the splashes of green and yellow, the glass frontage and the blue and yellow flowers out front looks so nice. I also think the separate entrance to Leif’s shop is so cute!

2. T&T Emporium - I’m not a huge fan of T&T Emporium’s interior (aside from Gracie’s shop), but I like everything else about it! The exterior is so stunning and elegant looking, I especially love how it looks at night when it’s all lit up! It of course having the biggest selection of items is also very cool!

3. Super T&T - Super T&T has my favourite interior. The soft pastel colours of the wall and floor are so pleasing to me, and I love the lineup of shopping carts near the entrance + the singular shopping cart outside! I think they’re neat details. Big convenience/grocery store vibes with Super T&T as well, which I like!

4. Nookling Junction - Nookling Junction and its design is classic. I used to be lowkey bummed that Tom Nook didn’t run the store in New Leaf, but it still had the same charm with Timmy and Tommy running it instead! It might carry the least amount of items, and its shabbiness and run-down exterior makes it a store that I more than likely wouldn’t choose to visit irl if it was a real store LOL, but it has a special place in my heart. It reminds me of my Wild World days, and starting up a new town and having to work for Tom Nook. It’s like I can still hear him scolding me for taking my uniform off when I look at it. 😂

5. T&T Mart - T&T Mart’s design is lacklustre to me for some reason. I like the flooring and the uniform that Timmy and Tommy wear, but that’s about it. It’s not a bad store by any means, and it’s cool when you get to upgrade Nookling Junction to T&T Mart and gain access to a bigger stock of items every day, but it’s my least favourite store.

Last edited:
1. T.I.Y. - This is the only store that closes at later times, and also, the one with the second biggest interior design, next to T.I.Y. Emporium. This store also has the best music, too.

2. T.I.Y. Emporium - This is the store with the biggest interior design, with more rooms included. The only reasons it doesn't rank higher, are because you have to pass Gracie's fashion checks in order to be able to start shopping there, and some of her items are only available in certain months of the year.

3. Super T&T - To me, it is basically like T&T Mart, but bigger, and some green colors.

4. T&T Market - It's basically a downgraded version of Super T&T.

5. Nookling Junction - It's too small, there is no shopping catalog, no wallpapers and carpets for sale. This game also took away the name, "Nook's Cranny", it's a much better name than just, "Nookling Junction", They did eventually bring back that name in New Horizons, but, still...

1. Super T&T - Nicest music and design while still having a decent selection of items. I also like the automatic doors and that Leif's shop is still a separate building.

2. TIY - It's pretty good! I like the later closing hours and extra space.

3. T&T Mart - Also cute! But it has the same problem with Nookling Junction where it's just too small.

4. TIY Emporium - It sells fertilizer & lets you get the golden shovel from Leif! The closing music is great too... Pretty cool, but those are the only real useful upgrades since I'm not all that interested in Gracie's stuff. I don't really like the interior or exterior design as much, and it's less convenient to go up and down the floors to see all the items. They got rid of the automatic doors too :[
It's also pretty hard to track Gracie down for all the fashion checks. Not worth it, at least for me.

5. Nookling Junction - It's cute that it has that side room for the brothers, but it's too small. No catalog or useful / unique features either.

1. T&T Emporium; I know this is an obvious choice but I like how big the store is and how it helps the town feel more city-like. The fact it offers a lot of furniture is really neat too, Gracie's shop is sort of useful because I love the sweets series and sometimes I like to splurge and get my villagers rare stuff for their birthdays. The interior is really nice but not my absolute favorite and I always thought the orangish-beige stony floor of Leif's garden shop kinda clashed with the red carpet. The music is really cheerful and extravagant and reminds me of the Mickey Mouse Club song heh. The exterior is also really pretty but I don't like that they got rid of the auto-doors.
2. T.I.Y.: This has not only my favorite interior of the Nookling Stores but also my favorite theme (the store's song playing the Gardening shop leimotif when you go to Leif's part of the store is just perfect). Also really great that the store closes at 11:00p.m. rather than 9:00p.m. like Emporium. While I like Emporium a little better, T.I.Y. is at a very close second because it has some cool things that Emporium unfortunately omits.
3. T&T Mart: The music and the interior/exterior are very nice. It doesn't offer much but it's straight up awesome that it closes at midnight (like a real convenience store?). I just wish it was bigger.
4. Super T&T: For some reason I'm not a huge fan of its music, I never really found it catchy and I only remember the first few "Nookling motif" notes of it. I really don't like the wallpaper and the flooring used for the store's interior and while it offers a lot, it closes at 8:00p.m. for some godforsaken reason. Also one of the most forgettable for me, I don't even think I had it for that long before I upgraded to T.I.Y.
5. Nookling Junction: Wayyyyy too small, though that's forgivable since you just moved in and it's a rundown town at the moment. I don't like the music at all and it basically offers nothing special. I do appreciate the quaintness it gives to towns that were just started, it has a humble quality to it but it's just my least favorite.

So in New Leaf, we had five Nookling expansions, which were the Nookling Junction, T&T Mart, Super T&T, T.I.Y., and T&T Emporium. If you could rank all five stores from best to worst, what would you choose? It can be based on design, number of items sold, opening times, and what’s being sold.

Here’s mine:
  1. T&T Mart - easily my favorite one. Not only does it have the best exterior design out of all five stores, but it’s also open the longest. On any ordinance other than Night Owl, it’s the only store open past 11 PM, and if you have Night Owl active, it’s open past 3 AM. It may be small, but cozier is better.
  2. T&T Emporium - if it weren’t for GracieGrace, I would rank it lower on my list. I also like department stores, especially multi-level ones. The only reason why it doesn’t beat T&T Mart is because of opening times.
  3. T.I.Y. - if you don’t care too much about Gracie items, this would be better than the emporium, solely because it’s open longer. I also like the design.
  4. Nookling Junction - not only is it too small, but there’s also no catalog machine, no carpets and wallpaper for sale, and no medicine for sale.
  5. Super T&T - has the worst interior design, and the opening hours is unrealistically short for a supermarket. It’s also obsolete compared to T&T Emporium for having less space and shorter hours.

I think I can agree with your ranking. T&T Mart was great because it functionally never closed when you had Night Owl. 7AM to 5AM it was open.

I do like the Emporium, because it's just enormous. I like a giant shopping mall.

Back