• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Mormon Q&A Thread

I attended a Mormon church service a couple years back and it was certainly an experience. I met a couple of them and they were extremely friendly (if not a little bit off-putting, but that might have been because I was in an uncomfortable environment alone with no one I knew). I have a couple things that I've heard about your faith that I wouldn't mind having an actual Mormon tell me if they're true or not.

1. I have heard that in order for a woman to get into heaven when her life on this world ends, she must have her husband's permission to do so. Is this true?

2. I have also heard that Mormons believe the United States to be thier promised land much like the Jews believe Isreal to be the land promised to them by God. Is this true?

Also, how do you respond to the people who claim that the Church of Latter Day Saints is "cultish"?

1. This is not true. I have never heard this before, though I can see where it might come from.

2. We believe that the Americas, both North and South, are promised lands to the people God brings there, not just Mormons and not just the United States.

As for being 'cultish,' I say that we are not. Cult has come to mean a group with bizarre beliefs and outlandish rituals. This is not us. I firmly believe that our beliefs are true, that they are not bizarre in the slightest, and that we are not a cult.

-Why do mormons have so many children?

-I read that a long time ago, mormons firmly believed that having dark skin was a curse from God. Is this true? I also read that this was removed from a lot of the texts later on though.

Last edited:
Back