• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The MoonGlow Report: Issue #01

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Green Balloon
Ghostly Kitty Plush
Hot Cocoa
Snowflake Glow Wand
Yellow Tulip
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Orange Candy
Chocolate Cake
Pumpkin Cupcake
Apple (Fruit)
It's time for a new series of blog entries to come out with. The StarFall Press has introduced The MoonGlow Report. As I play ACNL:Wa, I try to track down everything significant I do, just like what I did with StarFall. I track almost everything, including when I finish my debts, when I go to the Museum, what PWP suggestions I get, and of course, what PWPs have been finished. Every time I pass through one week in-game, I write a briefing of what I have done in ACNL for the week. Keep in mind that I time travel a lot, but I can't go through a whole week in one day. I have to play as slowly as I can while not moving too slowly. So each issue may be blogged everyday.

Now it's time to begin the details:

--Day 1: Andrea becomes mayor--

View attachment 236893

January 2nd, 2017 is the day Andrea takes office. On this day, Andrea gets a lot done. She placed her plot and paid down payment, learned all advice from Isabelle, and accepted office. In addition, Andrea went to visit StarFall to pick up hybrid tulips for planting, items from the Gorgeous and Cabana Series, and even got her hair done. Plus, I went to the Campground, and purchased an Electric Sign with my MEOW Coupons.

Town Development Information:

• I designed both the stone tiles for paths and the jade tiles for the Train Station and Big Lake. I also laid path patterns all over town. Yellow meant where projects and houses go as green (now the stone tiles) meant where paths go.
  • The first five villagers were Mathilda, Drift, Gala, Puddles, and Anchovy.
  • After visiting StarFall, I planted tulips along the paths.
Museum Contributions:

In addition to being the first day of MoonGlow, it was also the first day I made donations to the Museum. The first three fish caught were the Bitterling, Pond Smelt, and Crucian Carp. Following the first three, I caught:

• Olive Flounder
  • Squid
  • Dace
  • Yellow Perch
  • Stringfish
  • Sea Bass
It's pretty unfortunate that I caught a sea bass very early in my fishing records, but at least I caught one of the 15,000 Bell fish before I caught a sea bass. Regardless, I donated all of them.

--Day 2: Raising Approval Rating--

View attachment 236894

The next day started when I got to live in a regular house (as seen above), but it was only small. The roof was yellow. And the interior was redesigned a little bit.

The day was mostly about increasing the approval rating. Like always, you need to get a 100% approval rating as mayor, as well as living in a regular house, before you can obtain your development permit. In Belcroft and StarFall, it took me two days to get up there, but it took me only one day. All I had to do were donations, watering flowers, help villagers, and catch trash out of the water.

In addition to the approval rating quest, I finished paying my first debt off and changed the town tune. I also took a visit to Katrina since her tent is in town, and picked up Wisp's lamp.

Museum Contributions:

On the second day, I caught 12 new fish. However, only the first 9 were donated. Normally, I don't donate fish or insects to the Museum until I get 9 of one category. And I donate 9 fish at a time. The 12 fish in order were:

• Dab
  • Sea Butterfly
  • Horse Mackerel
  • Carp
  • Black Bass
  • Barbel Steed
  • Red Snapper
  • Tuna
  • Pale Chub
  • Bluegill*
  • Popeyed Goldfish*
  • Goldfish*
--Day 3: Mayor's Permit Obtained--

View attachment 236895

On the third day, Andrea's house got even bigger, as she met the Happy Home Academy for the first time. What's even better is that she got her development permit. That means she can build anything while sign ordinances into law. The Night Owl Ordinance was the ordinance I picked. The first Public Works Project is the cobblestone bridge, which was placed somewhere west on the river, right around the corner.

At the same time, Kaylee came to visit MoonGlow for the first time, dropping some advantage cash for Andrea and a few fossils and art. She also helped Andrea finish her paths by cutting down every tree in the way. Andrea dug up the stumps and replaced them with stone tiles. When Kaylee left, Andrea finished donations for the bridge and donated a T-Rex Skull to Blathers.

Not only that, but the very first villager to move in since Andrea became mayor has moved in. His name is Roscoe.

--Day 4: The First Snow Day--

View attachment 236896

All day, it was snowing. But I got more done that day than any other day that week. The house didn't expand any further, but the first bridge was built. I named it the Town Hall Bridge, and held a ceremony for completion. The next thing to do was to build another bridge right near the waterfall at the end, and destroy the bridge that was in MoonGlow when I first built the town.

At the same time, the Night Owl Ordinance begins in MoonGlow, and another artifact (T-Rex Torso) was donated to Blathers. I also caught an Oarfish and Coelacanth, and unlocked a Zen Streetlight under my project directory, as suggested by Roscoe.

--Day 5: Bridges are finished--

View attachment 236897

After the work on the Lighthouse Bridge at the east and the destruction of the default bridge, MoonGlow's bridges were already finished. It was time for Andrea to move to the next projects, including lamps and benches. Moreover, Kyle moved into MoonGlow, and the first perfect apple tree finished growing. I harvested it and grew three more trees.

On the same day, Andrea caught her first two insects, the Centipede and Dung Beetle. Not to mention, but the T-Rex Tail was donated, thus finishing the Tyrannosaurus Rex exhibition in the Museum.

--Day 6: Project Campsite--

View attachment 236898

The sixth day was the day Andrea began construction of the Campsite, which was set to be in a desolate area on the north side of the river, to bring it a forest-like environment. Also, the Garden Shop begins construction on Main Street.

Not much work was done this day, but the first piece of art (Mona Lisa) was donated, and the campsite's funds were completed.

--Day 7: Two Attractions Open--

View attachment 236899

Both the Campsite and Garden Shop were finished construction, and thus, opened to the public. The Campsite was the first Major PWP built under Andrea's management, as the Garden Shop was the first shop built on Main Street. And Deirdre becomes the third villager to move in.

Also on this day, Andrea picks up the Brick Bridge suggestion from Drift, donates the second work of art (David) to Blathers, catches the Blowfish, Koi, Freshwater Goby, and Football Fish, and designs the MoonGlow town flag. By this point, the paths were fixed, the town flag was dedicated, the Museum has 23 artifacts in total, and MoonGlow has a campsite. It was a great first week for Andrea as mayor of a town, as plenty of progress was made. But there was lot of work yet to be done in the future.

--End of Article--

Attachments

• MoonGlow Report Day 001.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 001.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 74
  • MoonGlow Report Day 002.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 002.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 75
  • MoonGlow Report Day 003.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 003.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 48
  • MoonGlow Report Day 004.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 004.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 75
  • MoonGlow Report Day 005.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 005.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 46
  • MoonGlow Report Day 006.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 006.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 78
  • MoonGlow Report Day 007.JPG
    MoonGlow Report Day 007.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 44
I really like the style of this Blog! It's very matter-of-fact and easy to read. Looking forward to the others!

Back