• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

This might be a silly questions but what are the fruits under our pfp in the sidebar? Do they mean anything and can we change it?
There's currently a forum event called Farewell to New Leaf Online since the 3DS servers are being shut off on April 8th, so the forums are giving New Leaf a nice send-off. Everyone is assigned a perfect fruit and an island fruit they can purchase from the Shop utilizing the MEOW Coupons currency earned by participating in the events. You can only purchase the ones assigned to you and have to trade with other members to acquire the others if you care to. No, you can't change what you were assigned. They'll disappear from under our avatars when the event ends and they're no longer relevant.

There's currently a forum event called Farewell to New Leaf Online since the 3DS servers are being shut off on April 8th, so the forums are giving New Leaf a nice send-off. Everyone is assigned a perfect fruit and an island fruit they can purchase from the Shop utilizing the MEOW Coupons currency earned by participating in the events. You can only purchase the ones assigned to you and have to trade with other members to acquire the others if you care to. No, you can't change what you were assigned. They'll disappear from under our avatars when the event ends and they're no longer relevant.
oh! I see!! Thank you so much for letting me know!

Following people allows you to see when they are online easier(provided they do not have "invisible mode" on) you can see the people you are following online by scrolling to the bottom of the homepage
View attachment 544275

You can also go to "What's new" and go to your news feed and you will see the latest activity of the people you are following
View attachment 544276

Basically following someone makes it easier to see when they are online and what they have been up to on the forums recently.
Thank you for explaining 😊

Every time I send a gift, it creates a new conversation with that person. Is there a way to turn that off? It didn't used to do this. D:
It's not something that you can adjust on your own. It's a default setting on the collectible that has to be switched off on our end. Jeremy is aware of the problem and will get it corrected. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

It's not something that you can adjust on your own. It's a default setting on the collectible that has to be switched off on our end. Jeremy is aware of the problem and will get it corrected. Thanks for bringing it to our attention!
I found it funny tbh. It always said I gifted it to myself. So thanks me!

What's the easiest way to deal with image sizes that are too big from a smartphone?

One of my 3DS shoulder buttons is perma broken so I'm using an iPhone to take pics for the event, but the file size is too big. I already tried some cropping.
I saw this a few days ago, but forgot to reply until I saw another similar post elsewhere. Here are two easy third-party size reduction websites I recommend using: https://squoosh.app/ https://tinypng.com

With the Night theme right around the corner, what are we thinking it'll be? Is the staff going with a quick fix like reusing the Woods theme we can use or will it be an all new theme we've never seen before?

Either way, I can't wait!

I know the Island Journals board was moved to General AC Discussion, and I  think I remember a staff member saying something about it being usable for all games? what if I want to make a thread to showcase pictures/screenshots I've taken from AC on Gamecube? I suppose maybe it could go into the board dedicated to that game but I was wondering if it would fit in the Island Journals board? (seems odd bc obviously it's not an island in the GCN version)

I know the Island Journals board was moved to General AC Discussion, and I  think I remember a staff member saying something about it being usable for all games? what if I want to make a thread to showcase pictures/screenshots I've taken from AC on Gamecube? I suppose maybe it could go into the board dedicated to that game but I was wondering if it would fit in the Island Journals board? (seems odd bc obviously it's not an island in the GCN version)
I thought you were allowed to make an Island Journal for any game. It asks what game you’re going to make it for, so I think you’d still be able to do it there.

I thought you were allowed to make an Island Journal for any game. It asks what game you’re going to make it for, so I think you’d still be able to do it there.
oh I see now! I didn't realize there was an option to choose the game. okay, I'll go ahead and post a thread there then. thank you 🥰

How do you hover over collectibles and others to see the messages on a tablet or phone?
Go to the users profile, and click inventory. Then click the collectible and it'll show the message. Along with all the other info related to said collectible.

I decided to look through web captures of TBT out of boredom and I discovered that there used to be a sub-forum called "Dodo Business Class," what is that? I have a feeling it might be similar to Nook's Cranny, which is why it's removed, but what's the difference?

Is anyone else having problems posting photos right now or is it just me? It’s always “parsing error“ or “something went wrong.”

Is anyone else having problems posting photos right now or is it just me? It’s always “parsing error“ or “something went wrong.”
The forums seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties right now. I can’t upload photos either, the shop and “about me” section of members’ profiles are inaccessible, and the list of today’s birthdays is gone.

Meri: "I've posted in the explain your signature thread!"
Me: "That's great! But I.... can't react to it." 🥹

EDIT: OH GOD I had a great meme to share and that thread is down too. Oh well.

Where the island journals at? I had one and I know I can go and find it from my old posts but just wanna know where it be located now for one handed ease

Where the island journals at? I had one and I know I can go and find it from my old posts but just wanna know where it be located now for one handed ease
It has been moved to be under the General AC Discussion section, where it can now also be used for journals about all of the older Animal Crossing games.
> board link <

Back