• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

For some reason, I'm not getting email notifications any more? I double-checked my preferences, and I should still be getting them. They're not in my Junk folder either. I saw someone mention something about not getting notifications if they don't log in for a long time, but I log in every day. Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.
I just had to change my email address to an account that I don't use any more because the site wouldn't let me do anything without putting in a new email address. It said that emails to my usual email account have failed. I've used that account for other sites without issue. Is there a problem with using Hotmail accounts for TBT?

Why did I receive a notification saying this? I don't ever recall disabling Cephalobot from giving me new notifications on discord about what is happening on the forum? But when I went to check what this message is all about I found them turned off? I'm so confused what this message is all about...
Screenshot 2024-03-02 124105.png

I always had these turned on but when I went to check out why they got disabled they were turned off?
Screenshot 2024-03-02 124654.png

Discord says I still have Cephalobot enabled and I never disabled Cephalobot in the first place?
Screenshot 2024-03-02 125028.png

Did I do something wrong? Why did my discord notifications for the forum get disabled when I never did anything to disable them or wanted them to be disabled??
EDIT: They just got turned off??? What the heck is happening?
Screenshot 2024-03-02 125415.png

Question: If you have been moderated frequently in the past (such as post deletions), is it still possible to become a moderator or project staff?

So is there a guideline for the animated avatar? Like a memory limit or frame rate limit(how long it can be) I wanted to buy and use it, but I don't want to break any rule if it goes over one of those limits. I tried looking up this myself and gave up cause I couldn't find anything.

So is there a guideline for the animated avatar? Like a memory limit or frame rate limit(how long it can be) I wanted to buy and use it, but I don't want to break any rule if it goes over one of those limits. I tried looking up this myself and gave up cause I couldn't find anything.
I'm not a staff member but I wouldn't think so? I have never heard of there ever being a limit of how many frames the GIFs you use for your forum avatar and signature can have? As long as the avatar doesn't contain anything from the prohibited content section in the rules then it should be fine?
The GIF avatar might be too large for the server to process if the file size is too large I think?

the only limits are what the forum is capable of handling in terms of GIFs. if the file size is too large then it will show just a static image. the forum is actually very finicky about this. besides that, though, there aren't any rules regarding GIFs, besides just keeping it appropriate ofc.

the only limits are what the forum is capable of handling in terms of GIFs. if the file size is too large then it will show just a static image. the forum is actually very finicky about this. besides that, though, there aren't any rules regarding GIFs, besides just keeping it appropriate ofc.
Thanks you two. Money well invested. Look at him go.

I just had to change my email address to an account that I don't use any more because the site wouldn't let me do anything without putting in a new email address. It said that emails to my usual email account have failed. I've used that account for other sites without issue. Is there a problem with using Hotmail accounts for TBT?
We have had issues with Microsoft blocking emails from the site, so this would affect Outlook, Hotmail, and Live email addresses. I assume that's what it is because it started happening again early last week. I reported it to them a few days ago, so they should fix it soon.

Why did I receive a notification saying this? I don't ever recall disabling Cephalobot from giving me new notifications on discord about what is happening on the forum? But when I went to check what this message is all about I found them turned off? I'm so confused what this message is all about...
View attachment 538969
I always had these turned on but when I went to check out why they got disabled they were turned off?
View attachment 538970

Discord says I still have Cephalobot enabled and I never disabled Cephalobot in the first place?
View attachment 538974

Did I do something wrong? Why did my discord notifications for the forum get disabled when I never did anything to disable them or wanted them to be disabled??
EDIT: They just got turned off??? What the heck is happening?
View attachment 538976
My first guess is that it's related to your permissions in Discord regarding who can send you a DM. The bot acts like any other Discord user. Do you happen to disallow people from DMing you?

Regarding the file size for gif profile pictures, has the limit changed recently? I tried reuploading a gif I used recently as a profile picture but it doesn't appear to animate anymore (at least on my end).

Regarding the file size for gif profile pictures, has the limit changed recently? I tried reuploading a gif I used recently as a profile picture but it doesn't appear to animate anymore (at least on my end).
Hi! Can you check to make sure you have the Avatar Animation add-on active in your inventory? It can be hidden but needs to be active for the gif to work.

Hi! Can you check to make sure you have the Avatar Animation add-on active in your inventory? It can be hidden but needs to be active for the gif to work.

I'm having gif troubles as well 😕 I only just bought the avatar animation extension and it will allow me to choose a gif file but not animating.
The add on is active in my inventory!

I'm having gif troubles as well 😕 I only just bought the avatar animation extension and it will allow me to choose a gif file but not animating.
Mine is active as well. I've also tried turning it off and on again and using other gifs but it doesn't seem to help.

Please try again and let me know how it works now!

How do you add collectibles to your lineup?
Post automatically merged:

wait i think it auto added it uh HOW DO I DELETE THAT LAST POST

If you go to "shop" at the top of the forum and on the right side and click "inventory" under it it should take you to your collectible inventory. To display a collectible that is hidden, click on the small box next to the collectible and choose the "unhide" option. There's also other options as well such as to "hide" the collectible, or "discard" it. Hope this helps! 💚

EDIT: Should mention you can select multiple at once too.

In addition to what Midoriya said, it should be noted that collectibles are ordered in lineups with the oldest collectible being on the right and the newest collectible being on the left. Every collectible has a timestamp, the date and time the collectible was either purchased from the Shop or generated as a prize from events. Currently there is no way to rearrange collectibles, so you should be sure of the order you want ahead of time if you care about that.

There is no option to delete posts. You can edit the message though. Bottom left corner of your post provides the option.

Back