• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

When can we have shuffling lineups every time we refresh please thanks?

I got a question, I looked for it but couldn't find any answers, sorry if it's somewhere obvious...
How does the time work on TBT?

I got a question, I looked for it but couldn't find any answers, sorry if it's somewhere obvious...
How does the time work on TBT?
Are you referring to post timestamps and the forum banner changes throughout the day? If so, you can update your time zone in your account preferences to ensure everything is reflected in your local time.

Please correct me if I misunderstood your question! 😅

When can we have shuffling lineups every time we refresh please thanks?
This would actually be a really fun idea tbh. I'd be down for this, even if we have to purchase the option in the shop or something like that.

Are you referring to post timestamps and the forum banner changes throughout the day? If so, you can update your time zone in your account preferences to ensure everything is reflected in your local time.

Please correct me if I misunderstood your question! 😅
ohh!! thank you!! no , yes! this answered my next question haahah! i was wondering about this!
Most events operate on ET if that's what you meant? You can see the current TBT time here:
https://www.belltreeforums.com/categories/the-bell-tree-fair-2022.308/
i see i see! thank you thank you!

What's the easiest way to deal with image sizes that are too big from a smartphone?

One of my 3DS shoulder buttons is perma broken so I'm using an iPhone to take pics for the event, but the file size is too big. I already tried some cropping.

Every time I send a gift, it creates a new conversation with that person. Is there a way to turn that off? It didn't used to do this. D:

What's the easiest way to deal with image sizes that are too big from a smartphone?

One of my 3DS shoulder buttons is perma broken so I'm using an iPhone to take pics for the event, but the file size is too big. I already tried some cropping.
I upload my photos to an image hosting site like imgbb or imgur, then use the link to add them to my posts.

What does it actually mean to be following someone?
Following people allows you to see when they are online easier(provided they do not have "invisible mode" on) you can see the people you are following online by scrolling to the bottom of the homepage
Screenshot 2024-03-15 205848.png

You can also go to "What's new" and go to your news feed and you will see the latest activity of the people you are following
Screenshot 2024-03-15 205915.png

Basically following someone makes it easier to see when they are online and what they have been up to on the forums recently.

I was editing my island journal and added a bunch of pictures, and at the bottom of my posts have this section called "Attachments", does anyone know why this happened? I don't really want this showing up under all my posts with pictures.
Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 11.09.46 AM.png

I was editing my island journal and added a bunch of pictures, and at the bottom of my posts have this section called "Attachments", does anyone know why this happened? I don't really want this showing up under all my posts with pictures.View attachment 544481
if you uploaded them through the forum's integrated uploaded then they shouldn't appear in the post. but if you uploaded them via an external host (like imgur) then you should be able to delete those attachments and the images will stay. 😊

I was editing my island journal and added a bunch of pictures, and at the bottom of my posts have this section called "Attachments", does anyone know why this happened? I don't really want this showing up under all my posts with pictures.View attachment 544481

To add to @/xSuperMario64x's post above -

I've also had this happen in the past for two reasons:
  1. I've attached a picture but didn't insert it into my post (Insert > Thumbnail or Full image)
  2. I've accidentally attached the photo twice and didn't hit the trash icon on the file I didn't use
From viewing your post and island journal, I see duplicates of the same image attached, so try editing your post to remove the ones you didn't use in the attachment section! :)

if you uploaded them through the forum's integrated uploaded then they shouldn't appear in the post. but if you uploaded them via an external host (like imgur) then you should be able to delete those attachments and the images will stay. 😊

To add to @/xSuperMario64x's post above -

I've also had this happen in the past for two reasons:
  1. I've attached a picture but didn't insert it into my post (Insert > Thumbnail or Full image)
  2. I've accidentally attached the photo twice and didn't hit the trash icon on the file I didn't use
From viewing your post and island journal, I see duplicates of the same image attached, so try editing your post to remove those in the attachment section! :)
thank you very much! i was copying and pasting the images so maybe that's why it happened? and i'll try removing some of the duplicates, thank you!

This might be a silly questions but what are the fruits under our pfp in the sidebar? Do they mean anything and can we change it?

Back