The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

Okay... So after lurking for a long time and reading just about every FAQ and rule and forum guide post, I'm still confused about Bell Tree Forum Bells...

Here is a screenshot of my Bell page and I'm confused as to what the circled lines mean? As in, why are two of my Bells earned get then crossed out and say spent at the same time? Does it have to do with editing posts maybe? Also what does "Welcome" mean? It was a lot of Bells too so I'm curious!

Screenshot under the spoiler:

whatthismean.jpg

Thank you!

All new members receive a 'package' of TBT Bells in several installments. How to 'unlock' all of these installments is kept hidden to discourage spamming, I believe.

Also, whenever you edit a post or upload an image, the total TBT Bells earned is adjusted.

Oooohhh I see, maybe this should be added to the FAQ about TBT Bells? Thanks Zulehan!

Asking about really inactive user(names) here, is it possible to re-assign a really old inactive one(the dude hasn't been on for nearly 3 years)? And if so, who to PM?

Wanted to change to a certain because I couldn't find when I first searched for one to change but then I dug a bit and found the one I wanted only to see it very inactive. Pretty much want it a lot and wasted some bells on a change so :p

Asking about really inactive user(names) here, is it possible to re-assign a really old inactive one(the dude hasn't been on for nearly 3 years)? And if so, who to PM?

Wanted to change to a certain because I couldn't find when I first searched for one to change but then I dug a bit and found the one I wanted only to see it very inactive. Pretty much want it a lot and wasted some bells on a change so :p

A proper service for this kind of thing is in the pipeline, but it's not currently available.

OMG I AM SO MAD where is the guy fawkes collectable? If you don't release it soon I'm telling my mom!!!!!111

What do you have to do for your account to be banned? Repeatedly go against forum rules? I'm sure the first time you break the rules, you just get a warning right?

Last edited:
I'm confused about the stance here on selling art for real money/cash.

On one hand, I saw an admin/mod say that it was not allowed. But someone else told me that they received permission to sell art for cash.

Which is the truth and what, then, is the actual rule regarding the sale of art for money here?

Thank you for your time.

What do you have to do for your account to be banned? Repeatedly go against forum rules? I'm sure the first time you break the rules, you just get a warning right?

I could be biased but I feel that it's actually quite difficult to get yourself banned around here. We'll usually shower you with plenty of warnings in most cases before you'll come close to an actual suspension, although we are far less lenient after you've been suspended previously. You can find more information in the rules. Please give them a read here! http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?94559-The-Bell-Tree-Rules-amp-Guidelines

Warnings & Infractions
  • Warnings (yellow) are typically received for minor and/or first-time offenses. More severe or repeated offenses will receive infractions (red).
  • When you receive a warning or infraction, you will be private messaged by the forum with the details. To view your full infraction history, click the Infractions tab on your profile.
  • Warnings and infractions will not be reversed or removed, except under extraordinary circumstances.

Bans
  • You will be banned if you receive enough warnings or infractions from violating the rules. The length of the ban depends on the amount of warnings or infractions you received, any previous bans, and the severity of the violation(s).
  • Creating another account after being banned will only result in an increased ban time.
  • If you believe you were banned unfairly or would like to ask for forgiveness, email support@belltreeforums.com.

I am outright confused at how to apply an avatar. I have been messing with the albums but they are not cooperating. Just a tip would be nice!

What is the maximum amount of characters can a post hold? One of my posts currently have a bit over 10 000 characters, and I've been wondering about that.

Hello, all. I am back with another question. So, is the Bell Tree HQ a place for general discussion when it comes to in-game topics? Or is there another place I should be directing a thread to? I am interested in starting a thread about the effects of cycling villagers or purchasing them, and the opinions on the overall feel of the game when not involving random chance. Where would I go to post a discussion like that?

Hello, all. I am back with another question. So, is the Bell Tree HQ a place for general discussion when it comes to in-game topics? Or is there another place I should be directing a thread to? I am interested in starting a thread about the effects of cycling villagers or purchasing them, and the opinions on the overall feel of the game when not involving random chance. Where would I go to post a discussion like that?
The Bell Tree HQ is the place for general discussion about the forum. For specific topics, you'd need to find the specific board that matches.

For example the topics you're looking to discuss would be best suited for the Animal Crossing: New Leaf board.

@TheBigJC: I think it's 20,000 something.

When you cycle villagers for tbt should your thread be put in the tbt marketplace or the villagers section?

When you cycle villagers for tbt should your thread be put in the tbt marketplace or the villagers section?

If it is solely TBT then it goes in the TBT marketplace, if it is for either TBT and/or in game bells it goes in the villager trading plaza

Back