• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The "I learned something new today!" Thread

If you search up โ€œsteamed hamsโ€ on Google, it will ask if you meant โ€œsteamed clamsโ€. I thought that it actually thought I misspelled something, but then I realized it what it meant. Cool Easter egg.

I'm not sure if that is an Easter egg or not, since Google does that with a lot of things it thinks you misspell, but it would be funny if it was intentional.
At first I thought it might be unintentional, but the fact that it said steamed clams of all things (since Superintendent Chalmers says that in the clip) and that it's a really popular meme makes me think it might be an Easter egg.

CF141181-47BD-47EB-B7DC-9FE40FD51491.jpeg

This is honestly mind blowing

I was cleaning one of the rooms in my house, and discovered amongst my bookcase of forgotten games an excellent copy of Wild World, case and everything, buried deep inside. I never recalled playing the game, let alone even having it.

I may have to play it sometimeโ€ฆ

as far as i can tell, the only official marketable plushie of morelull is this totally legit normal morelull XD
IMG_0681.jpeg

for real though, i love this plush line and how they choose some of the lesser merchandized pokรฉmon for it ^^

Just saw a tweet (that I fact checked dw lol) that said that a lot of cats have white paws and bellies because their markings develop starting from the spine and go down towards the feet while the embryo is developing, and if there aren't enough pigment cells then the fur just remains white.

Other things I found out while fact checking:

- Siamese cats usually have dark paws because of a gene mutation that makes the production of melanin temperature-sensitive, causing darker pigmentation in cooler areas of the body. They're born white because the womb is warm, and they get darker as they get older or even in cold weather as their body temperature decreases.

- All-white cats are more likely to be deaf, especially if they have blue eyes.

Last edited:
I just randomly decided to look up the QWERTY keyboard on Wikipedia because I was curious as to why it's laid out the way it is. the most used keys are spread out to increase typing speed because it encourages alternation between hands, and it forces the hands to move around the keyboard more, thus having more coverage of the entire keyboard (I assume).

I knew that the keys are diagonal as a relic of the past, since mechanical typewriters had to have each key offset to make room for the mechanisms.

what I didn't know/realize is that A is the only vowel that is not in the top row on the keyboard. or I may have noticed it, but I've never openly acknowledged it before.

1705874964959.png
This guys name is not Frankenstein. Frankenstein is the name of the creator of the monster. I feel like Iโ€™ve been lied to. People who are hardcore Frankenstein fans (for some reason) would probably have me tarred and feathered for not knowing this, but itโ€™s not my fault, itโ€™s the media.

This guys name is not Frankenstein. Frankenstein is the name of the creator of the monster. I feel like Iโ€™ve been lied to. People who are hardcore Frankenstein fans (for some reason) would probably have me tarred and feathered for not knowing this, but itโ€™s not my fault, itโ€™s the media.
If I remember, their name is Victor and their malformed assistant Igor. You can't really blame yourself for that. This is about a hundred years of things getting mixed up to the point that it became so deeply rooted in the public. It's like Kleenex. That is a name brand. But everyone calls tissues that anyway even if the tissue isn't made by Kleenex.

If I remember, their name is Victor and their malformed assistant Igor. You can't really blame yourself for that. This is about a hundred years of things getting mixed up to the point that it became so deeply rooted in the public. It's like Kleenex. That is a name brand. But everyone calls tissues that anyway even if the tissue isn't made by Kleenex.
This is really common with old folktale and stories. Like for example, in the original 19th century book, Dracula actually only hates garlic flowers, not all garlic, and he doesnโ€™t sleep in a coffin.

This is really common with old folktale and stories. Like for example, in the original 19th century book, Dracula actually only hates garlic flowers, not all garlic, and he doesnโ€™t sleep in a coffin.
And heidi has black hair not blonde!
IMG_1373.jpeg

What is this cover?

Edit: there may have been discrepancies between translations. But i think all of them say she has dark eyes at least.

There's no Igor in the book either!

Back