• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The "I learned something new today!" Thread

xSuperMario64x

Canadian at heart 💜🇨🇦
Bells
Switch
8558-0128-9692
Island
He/him
Purple Hybrid Rose
Bluebird of Happiness Plush
Blue Hybrid Rose
Everyday I find myself saying "wow I learned something new today" and I know I can't be the only one, so I'm making a thread dedicated to every time we learn something new!
I'll start:

I know this is more of a forgotten thing, but I just learned that my player on AC:GCN had a birthday yesterday!

Santa Claus is thought to be partially based on the Norse god Odin.

Also I hope this thread actually becomes somewhat of an established thing, because I think it's a good idea. I tried making a similar thread a few months ago and it ended up sinking to the bottom, so I wish you luck on this one.

I learned that the store I work at closes 10pm on Sundays, compared to every other day when it closes at 11pm X) In my defense, I have only worked 1 Sunday there, and it was a day shift.

I learned that it is possible to take a boat from Montreal to New Orleans without ever having to go on land, or in the ocean.

Last edited:
I learned that heating up these particular breakfast tacos can be done with the wrapping on them, which makes it easier for the wrapping to come off.

Last edited:
That GTS on Pok?mon games can be nice. I managed to snag a Guzzlord since someone wanted a Sharpedo for it, lol what. I bet they were trying the junk GTS 'mon method to trade with themselves or other easier but yeah lol. May those who think people will hack female Metangs get their hair eaten by camels though.

On a learning the hard way, if you laptop says the battery will last for 1 hour 45 minutes it's more likely 45 minutes unless you just leave it on and do nothing else.

I learned the Nintendo Switch is smaller in person.

literally cannot believe you guys didn't know this xD

Same oml.

Also yes I got confused on how to say Jay-Z's name first time I knew about him, like u sure u don't spell it Jay-C or something lmao. Zee def. sounds like Cee or stuff lol

I learned that you can never do a yolo-move and walk out without an umbrella here in the winter. :)

I learned that Isabelle's Animalese would be perf for Smash Mouth - All Star. . .so perf, in fact, that someone was able to sing Animalese and do music mixing themselves for their rendition.

I'm so glad I finally stumbled upon this. ໒( = ᴥ =)ʋ Isabelle singing in HHD was such a cute meme.

Last edited:
I learned that one of my favorite hockey teams, the Coyotes, worked with a local group of Native Americans to make sure that their logo wasn't offensive in any way

I learned that if a present is floating on a balloon near a cliff in AC, you can just use a net to hit the balloon from up top and pop it, in order to get the present (learned this the other day, but forgot to post it, lmao).

Back