That feeling.

What did you choose!

• Total voters
So many times I have needed to switch villagers and thus relandscape I dont think I could reset either of my towns!

I often get frustrated with the way my town looks rather than getting bored of it, because after a while I start noticing things that aren't really what I wanted or I can't seem to decorate an area well enough. But there's no way I would reset my main town. Getting all the achievements again is just so tiring, I really don't want to do it again.

So I just cut all the trees in the spot that annoys me. Remove flowers, items, paths. Make it look clean. Then it'll feel new and I can focus on making something different =)

tl;dr
I re-landscape.

I'm always busy relandscaping certain parts of my town. I'll really like how something looks at one point, but later on I might change my mind and think it looks boring. Plus, that way I'll always have something to do! c:

When I made Balamb, I didn't realize that I could keep resetting the game to get four new map choices, so I went with what I felt was the lesser of evil, made poor choices with placement of perma-PWPs, and after over two years, I decided to reset. And as soon as I got all of my villagers moved over, I ended up restoring my original town, and I'm in the process of relandscaping.

So...that's the choice I picked in the poll. ^_^

After playing for more than a year, I reset my town six months ago. It was the best decision for me. I wasn't 100% happy with the layout of my original town. I also didn't like the square grass (which is my least favorite shape) or my ugly blue train station. I can say now that I really love my new town and I can't see myself wanting to change anything about it.

I honestly can't see myself resetting my main town.I love it and its villagers way too much.
If I ever get my hands on a second copy of the game I might do something else though. Like a town specifically for cycling or something. Who knows?

Last edited:
i relandscaped my main town...ended up buying a second copy though ahaha :p i could never reset my main town despite it's..pretty awful map lol

I reset my original town because I didn't like the name anymore and was unhappy with a bunch of the villagers I had, despite having a few that are still some favorites.

I don't really regret it, because I ended up liking the replacement town a lot better.

One thing I will say though: Never park your house near a waterfall. It looks terrible once it's totally expanded. It seems like a nice idea and a scenic spot when your house is small, but it just ends up looking awful. I made that mistake with the replacement town, and while it bugs me, it doesn't bug me enough to reset.

A few months ago I was a little bored with Noveon's look, so I completely re-landscaped. It took me 3 hours to remove all my qr paths xD...So worth it, though, because my new landscape and qr paths are fantastic, and my dream town is almost complete.

i still have a lot of work to do, but i like my town. I have two copies and I made sure to get a good map on my second copy so i wouldn't regret anything on it. If I feel bad about a certain area I relandsape it, but I have never cut down every tree and gotten rid of every pwp to start completely over with landscape.

This is my ultimate dilemma. I get bored with my town so easily, and if one little thing doesn't go right I feel like I wanna start over. When I get home from the cottage I'm gonna start a new file and hopefully I'll be able to stick with it.

I currently am not very happy with my town, it just seems bland in my opinion. There's no organization and it's very chaotic with minimal pwps and landscaping, most of it is just natural from what I got to begin with and what slowly grew over the year I've played it. Hybrids and common flowers are randomly splattered with few "patches", and the paths are old. So old. Villager houses randomly plotted mostly in the lower region, and minimal dreamies. I must say, resetting your town is a good way for a truly "fresh" start and is really tempting for me, but you lose the nature and memories (and junk) you had in your old town. I never reset though, since if I did, I might regret it and wish I tried this or that in my town which might have made it a lot nicer. So... every couple months I try to sell a bunch of my junk to clean it out, and then I try different things.

Resetting for me isn't an option though, since I put a lot of time into my town and also museum/badges too, but the money you make from having a massive cleanout sale is tempting too...

Oh I have definetely had my fair share of resets in the past, I ended up buying a new copy when I was unhappy with the 2 towns I already had but wanted to first slowly move villagers out and transfer things. So far I am very happy with Blushe but I find there is only so much I can work on for it nowadays at once. It's getting closer to completion though. :)

My new second town of Moonfall which was one of my eventuall restarts is an Autumn Forest themed town so it gives my something different to work with when the other is too much, it's nice to be able to see a different color scheme and different villager faces every once in a while.

I hope to keep both of these towns now though because I did not settle when I was resetting for them and put a lot of thought into how I want them to be.

hahaha maybe its because my first ac game ever but I will never get tired of my town. I am currently just waiting for 2 last pwps to get and build but my town is pretty much finished. I played on my bf's digital copy for acnl but he moved back home so I had decided to buy my own copy & 3ds.

It requires so much planning, time, and effort so Ill never restart. I think trying to get all the badges one time through is enough for me. The feeling of satisfaction of finishing a town will last an eternity. I probably would buy another game to create a winter, snowy, and completely xmas themed town but Im content with just one <3

Right now I am happy with my town but I have reset from being unhappy with the layout :/

Back