• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What if villagers could work part time at stores?

Sbwoijwot

I think I should write a custom title.
Bells
Just an idea I had while playing New Leaf. I was thinking, maybe, on rare-ish occasions (like once or twice a week, on random days), a villager could work at the Nookling store part-time. I got this idea when thinking about how villagers take up the role as workers in Happy Home Paradise, I thought it would be interesting if it could happen on your town/island too.

Depending on their personality of course their dialog could change. For instance, jock, lazy, peppy, and sisterly act unprofessional (idea from reading Harmony's dialog in Splatoon 3 at her store.), normal and cranky acts the most professional, snooty acts professional for the most part, and smug is relatively unprofessional but not to the extent of the other unprofessional ones (mainly just "cool" or "flashy" way of talking to their customer). I was thinking stuff like, jocks would talk in a very casual tone, sisterlys could just act very bored and clumsy working at a store, normals would have dialog similar to how the nooklings talk (pretty professional and inoffensive), and snooty could act professional for the most part but say things like "my you have exquisite taste" or something along those lines.

Maybe they could change depending on your friendship, with some personalities impacted by friendship more than others. Normals will try to treat you like any ordinary customer regardless of friendship, snooty and cranky will only say stuff like "oh hi, i didn't expect to see you here!" when your friendship is high enough, and jock, sisterly, lazy, smug, and peppy will immediately recognize you regardless of friendship, maybe they could act more and more excited depending on their friendship with you though.

The main thing, though, is that I was thinking depending on friendship and personality, maybe your villagers could even give you slight discounts on items. I was thinking the unprofessional ones like jock, lazy, peppy, sisterly, and smug can have a chance to give you a discount on items, whereas normal, cranky, and snooty wouldn't at a fear of being fired.

I really like this idea! It could also tie into how in Wild World villagers have specific hobbies, so those who are into fashion could work at the Able Sisters/Gracie Grace or the villagers who are into bugs and fish could work at the museum.

I think this is a great idea! I have an in-law who is a workaholic so I think some villagers would like to work, maybe going alongside some of their hobbies. Perhaps maybe even in a future game some of the hobbies can be carried over to work spaces. For example, maybe a villager with the Fashion hobby can work in a clothing store and a villager with the Music hobby can work in a music store and so forth. It would add more uniqueness and complexity to the games too.

In Littlewood, some of the villagers end up "running" a business. I would love to see something similar in AC. Like after you get your villager friendship so high, you can build a little stand or store for them to work and sell stuff in. The villager could run their own schedule too.
Nintendo would probably do something similar to what is in the acnh dlc though.

Well in Happy Home Paradise you have the option to assign villagers to how they want to work. For example you can pick whoever you want to be the "Teacher" at a school. Of course I would want them to make it more interesting if they were to bring this back in a future AC game. Like as a "CEO" its your job to assign villagers their roles. You have to pick whoever has to better skills of doing the job and you have to make sure that their skills are not poor. If you hire a villager and they sleep on the job or don't do a good job then you have to fire them and replace them with another one who knows how to get the work done. I am sure that will be more realistic. I know that is just wishful thinking but I can see that being a thing in a future AC game or spin off.

this seems super interesting!

having the villagers' dialogues change based on their personalities brings a delightful touch, it would be rlly amusing to see how jocks, lazy, peppy, and sisterly villagers handle customer service in their own way.

the idea of friendship impacting the interactions is also brilliant because it makes the relationship with each villager more meaningful. the potential for slight discounts as a reward for strong friendships is not only a good incentive but also aligns perfectly with the community and friendship-driven essence of the game

Back